22nd June 2016, 02:11 PM
Unregistered

JEE Main Cut off marks for OBC candidate to take admission in IIT colleges?

Hello,
I am studying 12th with Science and want to study Engineering from IIT colleges. I belongs to OBC category and want to enroll in JEE Main exam to take admission in IIT college. What is the cutoff marks required in JEE Main to get admission in IIT colleges?

Related Questions:
  1. Will I get admission with 56 marks in JEE Main and 62% in WBCHSE?
  2. Minimum marks required in JEE Main to get admission in NIT for an OBC candidate?
  3. Expected rank for a candidate with 86 marks in JEE Main and 85.80% in RBSE? Possibility to get admission?
  4. Whether a candidate is eligible to appear in Jee Main on behalf of MP-PET if exhausted 3 chances for applying in colleges of Madhya Pradesh?
  5. Cutoff marks required in JEE Main to study B.Tech(Aerospace Engineering) for an OBC candidate?
  6. Cutoff marks required in JEE Advanced to get admission in IIT for an OBC candidate?
  7. How much marks in JEE required for admission in top 5 colleges of EEE group for an OBC candidate?
  8. Can I get admission in IIT with 113 marks in JEE Advanced being an OBC candidate?
  9. Am I eligible to get admission in NIT-Durgapur if secured 85% in 12th CBSE and scored 83 marks in JEE Main being an OBC candidate?
  10. Cutoff marks required in JEE Advanced to get admission in IIT-Kharagpur for a candidate with 123 marks in JEE Main?
  11. Cutoff marks required in JEE Main to study in NIT for an OBC candidate?
  12. Possibility to get admission in BIT, Patna with 74 marks in JEE Main and 61% in BSEB for an OBC candidate?
  13. Can I get admission in Electronics Department in IIT if I did not qualify JEE Main exam? -- [New]
  14. Total number of permissible attempts for JEE Main to get admission in IIT Colleges? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Am I eligible to apply for B.Tech in IIT? Can I expect admission in B.Tech Aerospace at IIT with 60% in 12th and a good JEE score next year?
  16. Can I get admission in NIT, Jalandhar with 113 marks in JEE Main being an OBC candidate?
  17. What is best for me after scoring 73% in PCM and 71% in PCM?
  18. Can I get admission in NIT with 112 marks in JEE Main and 70% in 12th RBSE being an OBC candidate?
23rd June 2016, 01:15 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: JEE Main Cut off marks for OBC candidate to take admission in IIT colleges?

JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination. CBSE conducts this examination and has two stages JEE Main and JEE Advanced. You should know that admission in IIT is given on basis of JEE Advanced rank not on JEE Main ranl.

*Only those candidates who qualify JEE Main and are in top 1.5 lacs are eligible to apply for JEE Advanced exam and minimum of 75% marks in board exams is required to apply for this exam.

*The eligibility criteria for JEE Main is that candidate must have done 10+2 or appearing for board exams with PCM subjects. Minimum of 50% marks in board exam is required to apply for it.

First of all you will have to apply for JEE Main and after clearing it you can apply for JEE Advanced. Cut off marks changes every year. For OBC candidates, it is less than general candidates.
23rd June 2016, 05:33 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: JEE Main Cut off marks for OBC candidate to take admission in IIT colleges?

I am sorry to say that there is ni such cut-off marks required for admission of candidates in IIT as the cutoff marks keeps on changing every year and is not constant.

I would therefore suggest you to kindly prepare well for your examination and try to score as well as possible and see if you clear the cut-off marks required for admission.
23rd June 2016, 08:44 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

The Major factor behind these lower cut off is due to increased pool of candidate for JEE Advanced. JEE Main Cut off marks will vary every year. In 2014 cut off marks is 75 for OBC Category. In 2015 and 2016 the cut off marks are 70.
23rd June 2016, 11:03 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

You can't get admission in IIT on basis of JEE Main examination rank. To get admission in IIT, you must have to appear, qualify and secure good rank in JEE Advanced examination. Candidates who have appeared, qualified and secured top 1,50,000 rank including all categories in JEE Main examination are eligible to appear in JEE Advanced examination. The Cut-off changes every year based on toughness of the examination question paper, number of candidates, etc.,. By appearing and qualifying the JEE Advanced examination, you need to participate in counselling process to know whether you can get or not admission in IIT.
24th June 2016, 04:35 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

JEE Main cut off marks for the year of 2016 for OBC candidates is 70 marks. OBC candidates must have score a minimum of 70 marks in order to qualify in the JEE Main.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?