7th March 2014, 09:17 PM
Unregistered

Whether I should drop an year for giving JEE Main and advanced?

hello
i am currently studying 12th n appearing for boards. i would like to know whether i should drop an year for giving jee main n advanced ? because i am an above average student but not that much good that i will be able to get a good rank in jee main. right now i am focusing on boards n not on jee.
so i was thinking to drop one year, n give jee-2015. is it worthy ? will it affect my placement ?

11th March 2014, 08:00 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether I should drop an year for giving JEE Main and advanced?

It is good to see that you have given equal importance to both JEE and board exams. Both board exams and JEE are important but doing well in both the exams is not an easy task. Giving a drop of one year is a common phenomenon among the modern youth in order to get the best results in JEE. However it can bring adverse effects also.

You should give drop only when:-
- You are not at all confident regarding good score this time.
- You are determined to work harder next time and do well.
- It can affect your placement since it will be a gap of one year in your educational background.
- However, if you can get chance in IITs and excel there then this gap of one year will bring fruitful results. for you.
21st April 2014, 12:24 PM
Unregistered

i have dropped one year in 11 class as my phsical condition was not good now if i dont qualify iit in 2014 can i give exam in 2015
25th April 2014, 10:06 PM
Unregistered

I think its not at all good. Every one cannot keep their dream constant, it changes time to time. If your mind changes in that one year then it will affect your whole life.
30th April 2014, 12:28 PM
Unregistered

i want to drop in class 11 because my physical condition is not good thats why i donot complete the whole syllabus so dropping is good or not whether it affects the placement
6th May 2014, 08:28 PM
Unregistered

dropping will require a lot of courage so if you are that much determined then only drop
12th May 2014, 12:37 AM
Unregistered

I hv secured 129 in jee mains 14.... Expecting 80%in cbse board.... Secured 3194 in srmee 14.... What should i do drop or srm...??
14th May 2014, 02:16 PM
Unregistered

sorry to disturb but I have got 37 marks in jee main can I get beter institute for engineering or else try for next year
29th May 2014, 07:10 PM
Unregistered

i have got 201 in mains and 91.2 cbs gen.will i get mechanical /ece at dtu /nsit?
14th June 2014, 06:16 PM
Unregistered

i have appeared in class 11 and took a drop and now i am appearing class 12 am i eligible for jee mains
29th April 2015, 06:41 AM
Unregistered

I gave 10 th board in the year 2012 and 12th cbse board in year 2014 .can I sit for jee advance in 2016 if I give 12 th jharkhand board in year 2016
12th May 2015, 09:15 AM
Unregistered

Sir, i secured 56 marks in jee main2015 and i am not satisfied by these marks . Should i take drop for jee? Or go to college for admisson. Plz reply early.
1st July 2015, 12:59 AM
sairam0123

Hello.

It depends on your hard work if you think that you will qualify the exam after giving one year gap then you should definitely do that there is no problem.
It totally depends on your hard work and will power.
If you work hard then you can easily crack the exam.

I hope you got it.
1st July 2015, 11:56 AM
krroshan.amar

It completely depends on your preparation and confidence for appearing in JEE Main Exam. Since the number of attempts are limited to TWO so you should use it very precisely.

Also now CBSE is also giving weightage to 10+2 marks. Earlier students were selected in good colleges only on the basis of ranks secured in JEE Main Exam, marks of +2 didn't matter. But nowadays students has to not only secure good ranks in JEE Main but also has to obtain good marks in +2.

Therefore my suggestion would be, if you are not confident enough then don't appear in Jee Main. Because it will lead to wastage of your one attempt.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?