16th December 2017, 08:09 PM
Yash s Gujjar

Which competitive and entrance exam to clear for studyingMarine engineering?

I am going to complete my 12th in science stream (Karnataka Board) and want to get started with Marine engineering. Please give the details about it (For which types of exams should I appear also competitive and entrance exams).

17th December 2017, 10:10 PM
rachamallamanoj

Default Re: Which competitive and entrance exam to clear for studyingMarine engineering?

In Karnataka you must clear KCET exam to get admission in marine engineering course

The eligibility for KCET exam
1. Candidates should have passed their Class 12 exam or equivalent with Mathematics and Physics as compulsory subjects.
2. They must have studied English as one of the languages.
3. Candidates should have scored at least 45 per cent aggregate marks in the qualifying examination.
4. The age limit is 17-25 years

List of colleges offering marine engg in Karnataka are
1. Srinivas Institute of Technology, Mangalore
2. M.S. Engineering College Bangalore, Bangalore
3. Mangalore Marine College and Technology, Mangalore
4. Srinivas Group of Colleges Mangalore, Hubli
18th December 2017, 06:10 PM
ravinayadav256

Default Re: Which competitive and entrance exam to clear for studyingMarine engineering?

List of entrance exams for Marine engineering:-

GATE
MERI
IIT JEE
IMU CET
AICET

List of some best colleges of Marine engineering:-

International Marine Communication Centre

Indian Institute of Technology
Mumbai

Mangalore University

Cochin University

Marine Engineering & Research Institute
Kolkata
19th December 2017, 08:52 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Marine Engineering is one of the popular stream in Engineering which deals with the study of Oceans or under water research.

Candidates who are showing interest in this area are going on increasing in the recent days.

No Competitive Exam is required to study Marine Engineering course in Karnatka. Instead, there would be state level Entrance Exam to join Marine Engineering course within the colleges of Karnataka State.

The name of the Entrance Exam is KCET - Karnataka Common Entrance Test.

I would suggest you to apply for this Exam and crack this Exam to get admission for Marine Engineering course.

Here is the eligibility criteria to apply for this Exam.

The candidate should have completed 10+2 with Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry or Biology subjects.

Candidate should score a minimum of 45% of marks in 10+2.

Though minimum criteria is 45% of marks, preference would be given for the candidates with good percentage of marks after considering the rank or score in the Entrance Exam.

The application fee is Rs.650/- for the candidates of General category and OBC category and Rs.500/- for the candidates of SC/ST category.

As per the Exam pattern, there would be separate papers for each subject like Physics Chemistry, Mathematics.

There would be 60 multiple choice questions and you would be given 70 minutes time to answer those questions.

I would suggest you to take Coaching for this Exam from a Coaching Institute so that there would be scope for you to get a good rank in the Entrance Exam which will place you in a top college which will further benefit you in terms of Campus Placements.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?