25th August 2017, 12:23 PM
Unregistered

Can I become a software engineer after completion BCA or B.Sc Physics?

Can I become a software engineer after completion BCA or B.Sc Physics? Can you please suggest me which course is best to take? which one will ensure that I can a bright career by getting a job in good MNC company? Awaiting for your response. Thanks!

28th August 2017, 02:20 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become a software engineer after completion BCA or B.Sc Physics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can I become a software engineer after completion BCA or B.Sc Physics? Can you please suggest me which course is best to take? which one will ensure that I can a bright career by getting a job in good MNC company? Awaiting for your response. Thanks!

To become a software engineer, it is better to study BCA. You can choose BCA and after clearing BCA you can study MCA to become a software engineer. It is better to study BTech / BE in Computer Science to become a software engineer. If you study BCA then, you have to pursue MCA in order to get a job in MNCs as a software engineer. Many companies prefer engineering graduates or MCA holders for their organizations. It is very difficult to get a job as a software engineer with BCA qualifications in leading companies.
28th August 2017, 10:13 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become a software engineer after completion BCA or B.Sc Physics?

No, there are very less chances for you for becoming a software engineer just after completion of BCA course or after B.Sc in Physics course.

But, you can successfully become a Software Engineering after completion of Post Graduation course. In general, companies demand candidates to have the below mentioned educational qualification.

>> Candidates must have completed B.E/ B.Tech from a recognized university.

>> Or Candidates who have completed MCA course or M.Sc are eligible to apply for the post of Software Engineering.

>> The minimum percentage you must have secured in academics must be 60% marks.

>> I suggest you to pursue Post Graduation in order to be eligible for the post of Software Engineer.
28th August 2017, 11:32 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

First thing I would like to let you know that to be an engineer in any field you require to have a bachelor of technology ( B.Tech ) degree course.

So as far as you are concerned about becoming a software engineer by pursuing either one of B.Sc in Physics or BCA degree course then it is not possible as to become a software engineer your need to pursue B.Tech degree in Computer Science or Information technology stream.
29th August 2017, 12:53 AM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

You will not become a software engineer after completing just BCA or B.Sc Physics.
Let me inform you that B.Sc Physics do not posses any relation to the software engineer.
Also you can not become a software engineer right after completing BCA, in order to become software engineer you have to do MCA after completion of BCA from a recognized university.
After completing MCA you will become software engineer and then you will have ton of job opportunities in big reputed MNC companies.
Career opportunities after MCA:
>Software Developer/Programmer
>Troubleshooter
>System Analyst
>Software Application Architect
>Software Consultant
>Hardware Engineer
>Technical Writer
>System Developer/Engineer
>Web Designer
1st September 2017, 12:07 AM
Solo13
Senior Member+

It's better to opt BCA . BCA stands for Bachelor of computer applications.
BCA is a professional course. You will get a good job in software companies after doing BCA.
BCA has a 3 years of duration.

To get a good job you have to prepare yourself .
You must have good technical knowledge.
In software languages you must have basics knowledge.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?