9th May 2011, 01:53 AM
Unregistered

Is Computer Engineering a good career option after passing 12th? Which is the best engineering stream nowadays?

Is Computer Engineering a a good career option after passing class 12th?????? Which is the best engineering stream best now a days to go with????? Please suggest..

Related Questions:
  1. Which degree is the best to join after inter?
  2. Colleges offering Genetic Engineering courses in India and Abroad? Required Qualification to pursue these courses?
  3. What is best career option after 12th passed out with computer knowledge?
  4. Which stream of engineering is better for me after passing 12th computer science with 87%
  5. Can my son become IT engineer after HSc commerce?
  6. Can I pursue my career computer engineering after passing 12th with PCM?
  7. Which stream is better for aeronautical engineering, PCM with computer science or PCM with engineering graphics?
  8. Career option after 12th standard with Commerce without Maths stream? Career in Graphics Designing? Is JBT course a good option?
  9. What are the career options available after passing 12th with 69%?
  10. How should I prepare for UPSC? I have passed 12th with PCM with 64.17
  11. Which stream to opt in B.Sc among Physics, Mathematics and Computer Science?
  12. Which is the best career option for girls after 12th in science stream -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Which career option should I opt for a better career opportunity excluding engineering after 12th? I have done my 12th(55%) with PCM and physical education subjects
  14. Which course is best B.Sc or Engineering?
  15. Which is the best course between Civil Engineering and Computer Engineering? Which would have good scope in 2020? -- [New]
  16. Which course has the best career prospects between Computer Science,Electrical and Electronics Engineering, ECE, IT?
  17. Should I choose computer engineering after passing 12th?
  18. After passing 12th with 62% which stream should I opt in BSc to make a career in Aerospace?
9th May 2011, 07:57 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is Computer Engineering a good career option after passing 12th? Which is the best engineering stream nowadays?

Certainly going in for Computer Engineering is a good option for a candidate who has aptitude in the same. So if you are sure that the subject interests you then you must certainly pursue the same. You have to also decide on the job profile you will be taking up after completion of the engineering course. Based on that you will have to take a decision on which stream will help you in achieving the same. Like if you would like to be a software engineer then Computer Science is a good option.
9th May 2011, 11:23 AM
venkatgct

Default Re: Is Computer Engineering a good career option after passing 12th? Which is the best engineering stream nowadays?

dear friend,

computer engg is an ever growing field which survives any recession of the recent genre coz it requires man power to develop, feed and maintain the computing ability of any company.

on the knowledge perspective the field is developing everyday with new concepts and ideas.

on the commercial side, it offers the highest starting payments to new recruits and employs more no. of ppl.

choose this course purely based on interest motive to excel further in your field..

regards...
9th May 2011, 12:56 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Yes. Computer Engineering is a good option soon after the completion of 10+2.

IT boom is strongly coming back.

One should have plenty of opportunities in several multi national companies (IT companies) soon after the completion of Engineering in CSE.

Now a days Computer Science Engineering offering good number of opportunities with good salaries.

At the same time, civil engineering is also a good choice. Civil engineering is always ever green.

Every stream is having its own career scope. You can choose the one which you are more interested.
9th May 2011, 01:06 PM
yogalakshmi sekar

Red face Re: Is Computer Engineering a good career option after passing 12th? Which is the best engineering stream nowadays?

ya... computer science engieering is now a good stream....

because,IT is now rising .....

IT COMPANIES recruited more CSE and IT engineers this year....

other goood streams in engineering are

=>electronics and communication

=>information technology

=>electrical and electronics

=>instrumentation

=>control engineering

this courses are wanted in large number by good companies...
9th May 2011, 02:26 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs up Re: Is Computer Engineering a good career option after passing 12th? Which is the best engineering stream nowadays?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is Computer Engineering a a good career option after passing class 12th?????? Which is the best engineering stream best now a days to go with????? Please suggest..
well it is a good one if u r quite interested in computer field.
and if the point is regardind placements then my answer would be that in todays growing mordernisation that is incomplete without the machine called computer it would be beneficial for you to opt this branch in b.tech...
with lots of luck.....
take care
9th May 2011, 02:41 PM
sidbond

Yes, computer sciences are a very good and rewarding option in engineering, with almost all major businesses going global and relying on IT, you can take the stream with confidence. There is no shortage of the demand for computer engineers.

All core streams, i.e, mechanical, civil, and electrical engineering are more or less always in demand. So you might also check those options. Another hot field nowadays is Information Technology, and yet another, Electronics and Telecommunications.

You can also check those.
9th May 2011, 03:05 PM
mandiv

ofcourse dear.......
with todays world which is incomplete without this machine called computer , opting for a stream like computer engineering...will proove to be very helpful for your future placements......
even i am a student of information technology
9th May 2011, 07:03 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

I doesnt understand why are you question career in computer science, answer you know very well, there are so many streams in it and lot of carrer oppurtunities and even self employment , so it all depend on the interest of individual.

You can pursue BCA or Btech.
If you are interested in computer engineering, then you can apply for entrance test like IITJEE, AIEEE, BITSAT, VITEEE, DTU etc.
12th May 2011, 09:52 AM
Unregistered

i am interested in computer science(software engineering). is this good in regard of placement.
15th May 2011, 01:05 AM
Unregistered

Is computer engineering a better option than electrical and communication engineering OR not?
20th May 2011, 02:55 PM
Unregistered

Is Software engineering a better option in B. Tech?will it provide better salary ??
21st May 2011, 04:17 PM
ajeetpatel54
Member+

hi dear,
yes. Computer Engineering is a good option soon after the completion of 10+2.
it boom is strongly coming back.
one should have plenty of opportunities in several multi national companies (IT companies) soon after the completion of Engineering in CSE.
now a days Computer Science Engineering offering good number of opportunities with good salaries.
at the same time, civil engineering is also a good choice. Civil engineering is always ever green.
every stream is having its own career scope. You can choose the one which you are more interested.
thanks
5th June 2011, 09:39 AM
Unregistered

i did not have computer in class 12 as a subject. will there be any problem if i choose to do b tech in C.S.E?
8th June 2011, 03:41 PM
Unregistered

how much can i earn after compleating my computer engineering?
10th June 2011, 10:16 PM
venkatgct

Quote:
i did not have computer in class 12 as a subject. will there be any problem if i choose to do b tech in C.S.E?
friend,

there wil not be any problem if computer science is not ur subject in ur 12th class.

u wil hav to work harder to understand the concepts and furhter master them.

many bio students also do b tech cse in college.

all the best!!
10th June 2011, 10:19 PM
venkatgct

Quote:
how much can i earn after compleating my computer engineering?
friend,

The IT companies are the main employers of cs students and offer a good pay scale.

u hav 6 months to 1 yr training depeding upon the company and u hav a bond type work offer.

the average starting salary is abt rs.25,0000 in any company. u may also get better pay.

all the best!!
11th June 2011, 02:16 AM
akshant poonia

yes, computer science is a good carrier option , looking at the current flow of IT sector it can be confirmed that there will be a lot of job challanges in future.
11th June 2011, 10:32 AM
stranger351

All Branches are good if you do Engineering from NIT'S or IIT'S .
So now do not think about branches Be prepare for AIEEE and IIT exams.
And then go with that which you like most.
If you choose your interested field then you do better..
14th June 2011, 03:59 PM
Unregistered

Does a student must be fluent in English if he takes the cse ??? ....... if one is not quite well in English does he get job ???? ......
16th June 2011, 08:18 AM
venkatgct

Quote:
Does a student must be fluent in English if he takes the cse ??? ....... if one is not quite well in English does he get job ???? ......
friend,

if u choose any branch of engineering, not only CSE, it is essential that u shud have a good fluency in english to obtain a job in a well paying company with an assurance.

this is necessary because the companies expect u to have good inter personal communication skills which are a very essential criteria for the customer friendly approach and satisfaction.

u will be working in a cell where everyone will be from a different background and good communication skills will only help foster co-operation among ur team.

regards...
20th June 2011, 01:25 AM
Unregistered

what r d requirements 4 computer engg? what r d future prospects after btech? shud i prefer electrical n electronics/ electronics n telecommunication? which branch is not good in BITS pilani?
28th June 2011, 02:33 PM
Unregistered

is computer science engineering is valuable?all are saying to select ece course because of job oppurtunities but i like computer science,WHAT CAN I DO?
1st July 2011, 02:04 PM
Unregistered

i am confused between two branches :- electronic and communication & computer science which branch should i select? and which college in madhy pradesh should i choose for better placement?
17th July 2011, 01:33 PM
Unregistered

is comp. sci is better branch????? many are telling that it has no scope........pls help me this regard
7th August 2011, 04:11 PM
fahran

Yes, computer sciences are a very good and rewarding option in engineering, with almost all major businesses going global and relying on IT, you can take the stream with confidence. There is no shortage of the demand for computer engineers.

All core streams, i.e, mechanical, civil, and electrical engineering are more or less always in demand. So you might also check those options. Another hot field nowadays is Information Technology, and yet another, Electronics and Telecommunications
all the best
7th August 2011, 04:13 PM
fahran

All core streams, i.e, mechanical, civil, and electrical engineering are more or less always in demand. So you might also check those options. Another hot field nowadays is Information Technology, and yet another, Electronics and Telecommunications
all the best
21st August 2011, 03:46 PM
amaan khan ak

Quote:
yes computer engineering is the best option for your future prefernece.u can get job easily.there is so much requirment for a cmputer software engineer.u can also learn a verious languages along with engineer which hepls you in future.
java,.net is the best options u have.

so all the best
31st October 2011, 12:58 AM
vivek050

hi -

Now a days Computer Science Engineering offering good number of opportunities with good salaries.

At the same time, civil engineering is also a good choice. Civil engineering is always ever green.

-Yes, computer sciences are a very good and rewarding option in engineering, with almost all major businesses going global and relying on IT, you can take the stream with confidence. There is no shortage of the demand for computer engineers.

thanks

Every stream is having its own career scope. You can choose the one which you are more interested.
23rd May 2012, 12:29 PM
Unregistered

Y does the demand in iT FLUCTUATES??? iS there any job security in this field???
2nd July 2012, 04:42 PM
Unregistered

what are the subject in computer engineering
16th August 2012, 06:33 AM
mhlengi

Quote:
Originally Posted by fahran View Post

all the best
yes computer engineering is the good career to pursue, nowadays computers are the backbone of the economy, and taking computer engineering is good compare to computer science, for example if you are doing a bachelor of engineering in computer engineering, it like you are doing computer science + electronics engineering.
7th December 2012, 03:29 PM
Unregistered

Smile Re: Is Computer Engineering a good career option after passing 12th? Which is the best engineering stream nowadays?

after 12th which is the not good bt best engineering steam?
7th December 2012, 07:25 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

My friend computer engineering is a good course however since you would be applying for job in IT sector upon completing, I would like to tell you something. The eligibility criteria to apply for job in IT companies is not only how much you score in engineering but your performance in 10th and 12th as well.

For example to get job in Wipro, you should have 65 percent marks in 10th, 12th and engineering course. No MNC in IT sector would give job to candidate who has scored minimum of 60 percent in 10th, 12th and graduation (Engineering).

So my recommendation for you would be that you should consider Computer Science Engineering only if your academic performance so far meets the criteria I mentioned above.

Now you asked about which is the best stream in Engineering. The answer is Electronics and Communication Engineering. The advantage of the course is that your job options won't be restricted to just one field, but several, which will include Information Technology.

You can apply for job in the following after completing ECE.

Information Technology

Telecom

Consumer Electronics

Public Sector Undertakings

Indian Engineering Service

These will be the options for you after completing ECE. However your academic performance will be crucial in applying for the job.
2nd January 2013, 03:11 AM
Unregistered

Hello, I have a question about Computer Engineering.
I heard people saying the jobs that you do with majoring in CE has often a short-term lifespan. (5 years?)
And also heard that a lot of those computer engineers who were fired from their workplace end up making their own webdesign company which even high school students can do it if they are good enough with computers.

Am I hearing the right stuff here?
2nd January 2013, 04:03 PM
end of query
Senior Member+

yes it is good to choose cse branch for engineering this branch strongly depends on the recession peaks and lows of the market if you can sustain in the southwestern you should definitely go on for this branch but if you want a stable branch which is not effected by the recession time you should go for electrical and mechanical streams
2nd January 2013, 07:29 PM
ipkay93

Dear Aspirant , yes Computer Science has a great scope of opportunities for the students now a days. But there are few things you need to keep in mind before you join computer science engineering.
The computer science requires a sheer interest in Mathematics which a very important part of the coding process and writing the algorithms.
The IQ should be good as the logics needed to be clicked at that point.

As far as the job prospect is concerned the job are mostly office jobs and no field work.

And as the recession mostly affects the IT sector the is the possibility of job problems if you are not graduated from some very good colleges

The other highly demanded branches which you can consider is

Electronics and Communication
Mechanical (Evergreen)
Civil
Electrical and Electronics

Hope it Helps.
Best of Luck.
2nd January 2013, 08:19 PM
24himani

Keeping in mind the 2012 year , which is the year of recesion..you should not go with Computer Science or Information Technology.
You can go with Civil and Mechanical. They are always in demand.
Not affected by Recession.
You can also go for Production Engineering or Food Technology.
They are good streams.
6th June 2013, 06:59 PM
Unregistered

does cse provide job in public sector
25th June 2013, 01:10 PM
Winning Spirit

Dear Friend,

* These days, there is nothing like the best and the worst.

* Selection of the course completely lies with your self interest as each and every course these days have a broader scope.

* Regarding Computer science engineering, the scope is much more wider as the software companies are raising today. But the disadvantage that is left here is recession where in people tend to lose their jobs.

* But, the top 5 streams that go well with people today are,

* Electronics & communication Engineering
* Computer Science & engineering
* Electrical & Electronics Engineering
* Civil Engineering
* Mechanical Engineering

Best wishes :-)
25th June 2013, 01:15 PM
Winning Spirit

Dear Friend,

* These days, there is nothing like the best and the worst.

* Selection of the course completely lies with your self interest as each and every course these days have a broader scope.

* Regarding Computer science engineering, the scope is much more wider as the software companies are raising today. But the disadvantage that is left here is recession where in people tend to lose their jobs.

* But, the top 5 streams that go well with people today are,

* Electronics & communication Engineering
* Computer Science & engineering
* Electrical & Electronics Engineering
* Civil Engineering
* Mechanical Engineering

Best wishes :-)
25th June 2013, 08:20 PM
billa229

As an engineering student with my experience i can suggest mechanical,electrical & electronics are the best streams which can give you a better life in future.But computer science engineering is not having that much importance now a days.
6th July 2014, 11:23 PM
Unregistered

I was a student of west bengal board and i passed the 10 2 exam with 87% marks.i wanted to pursue medicine as my career.but i could not crack the medical entrance examinations. at present i am feeling hopeless. my family is not allowing me to sit for medical examinations next year.they are advising me to study computer engineering.these two years i did not practiced math much..but i can do math well only if i practice.what should i do?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?