12th December 2011, 05:26 PM
Unregistered

Which course to join after completing B.Tech in ECE stream?

I have completeded my B.tech in ECE stream i have knowledge on C . I am not understanding which course have to join and in which field i will have to move my career .

Can you tell please.......

13th December 2011, 09:36 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which course to join after completing B.Tech in ECE stream?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completeded my B.tech in ECE stream i have knowledge on C . I am not understanding which course have to join and in which field i will have to move my career .

Can you tell please.......
HI,
After B.Tech you have many option like:-
-M.B.A
-I.A.S
-I.P.S
-C.D.S
-I.E.S

I.A.S/I.P.S/I.E.S/C.D.S exam is conducted by U.P.S.C.

But if you want to do M.B.A you you have to qualify the entrance like C.A.T, M.A.T etc.
GOOD LUCK!
14th December 2011, 05:55 AM
jits
Senior Member++++

There are many opportunities which you could try out for after completing your Engineering.First decide whether you want to remain in the core side or skip to any other course like MBA which is not core for you.If you want to remain in the core side then you got to develop your knowledge in technical side and aptitude part for getting selected.There are many students who write competitive examinations but many lack basics and just try out their luck in the examination and the one's who really work hard for it are succeeded.

You can apply for the PSU's i.e companies like NTPC, BHEL, BEL, ISRO, DRDo,.etc but there are certain requirements which you need to fulfill before applying for the exams conducted by these companies.

Eligibility criteria
1.Candidates having an aggregate above 65% can go through the examination.Some of the PSU's may even ask you for higher aggregates.Well it all depends from one company to the other.

2.The age limit is also not fixed i.e some of the companies in Public Sector like NTPC recruit only freshers but some of the companies like BSNL choose candidates between the age group of 21-30 years.

There is no particular date for the notification may be released.All these companies conducts their examinations separately for recruiting Engineers from various streams.The notifications of all the companies will be published in the "Employment News".Each company conducts their own examination at different time but the selection pattern remains the same i.e written test in selected cities followed by interview and medical test.

Candidates will be shortlisted based on their performance.If a particular candidate can clear the cut off mark of each section in written test as decided by the company then he will be called for the interview.

For more details about PSU's you can visit the following link-Click here

Other options
You can even go through the IES examination conducted by the UPSC for entering into various sectors like Defense, Railways, Aviation sector,.etc.You can even go through exams conducted by your State Public Service Commission like Group A and B examinations.Go through your State's PSC website for more details.

As you say that you have good knowledge in C hence you can even try out for the software companies.

Post Graduation courses
If your interested towards Engineering side then you can go through GATE examination for pursuing the M.Tech course.You can even try out for M.S and PG Diploma courses.These courses will definitely enhance your knowledge towards your core subjects.You can even try out for courses like MBA but you have to cover Vocabulary, Aptitude, Reasoning and Data Interpretation.It's a bit tough but once you find interest in these then you can definitely score well.
24th March 2012, 04:57 PM
Unregistered

can i join navy iam a b-tech in e.c.e but my date of birth is 15-Mar-1987?
28th March 2012, 11:53 PM
Denny_Crane

Hello ,

These are some of the companies which provide good jobs to ECE students.these are core companies.

1.BHEL
2.Idea
3.Vodafone
4.Tata Indicom
5.Shyam Telecom Rajasthan
6.AT&T
7.Verizon
8.Nokia
9.Siemens
Some of the areas where you can work.

Robotics
Mechatronics
Communications
Microwave Research
Electronics Hardware Manufacturing
Chip and VLSI Design
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?