11th January 2014, 08:15 PM
Unregistered

Which course to select for engineering? I am studying 12th computer science

i am studying 12th class, i selected course in 12th is computer science,....
I AM CONFUSED TO WHICH WOULD I SELECT IN ENGINEERING ....

Related Questions:
11th September 2015, 07:34 PM
ravinayadav259
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which course to select for engineering? I am studying 12th computer science

Top 10 courses

Below are some of the popular courses in engineering after 12th-

Information Technology (IT)
Aeronautical Technology
Marine Engineering
Computer Science & Engineering
Civil Engineering
Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Automobile Engineering
Aeronautical Engineering
Chemical Engineering
Electronics and Communication Engineering
Mechanical Engineering
Petroleum or Petrochemical Engineering
Manufacturing process and Automotive
Dairy Technology
Structural Engineering
28th October 2015, 02:59 PM
AbhinavSinha1

Default Re: Which course to select for engineering? I am studying 12th computer science

If you are good with computers and you already have computer in your class 12th, I would suggest you to go for B.Tech in Computer science. Let me add something to it, though this branch has huge scope, but only if you pursue it from a good university you will get a good placement. If you go for this stream in any okay type college just for the name sake it wont fetch you a good package though it might fetch you a 9-6 job. Always remember there are more no. of students pursuing this course hence what you need is the quality of it. Do it from a very good college like IIT, DTU, PESIT, SIT ,UPES,UTM, NIT, KNS, to name a few, these colleges have good placement there are other colleges too you have to dig in for more. If you are looking for unique and new CS specializations then UPES is good option. It has collaboration with IBM too for its CS programs. All the best.
28th October 2015, 11:19 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Engineering is one of the popular course in India with the duration of 4 years. Every year so many Engineers are coming out of India in different different specializations. But many of them are not doing the Engineering related jobs as they were missing the required skills. So, it is very important to choose the stream in Engineering as per your interest and where your skills and knowledge in previous academic levels will be better utilized. Then you will be having great scope to learn out of your 4 year Engineering course and to grab the top jobs in the industry.

As you have completed your 12th class with computer science and if you have interest to get jobs in this area, then I suggest you to opt for any of the following streams in Engineering
-Computer Science Engineering
-Information Technology

Since you have already come across the fundamentals of Computer Science in your 12th class itself, you can learn a lot in these streams and you can become master in the subject.

Concentrate on your studies and make sure you get good percentage of marks in all the semesters. Focus on communication skills as well from time to time which is vital to get a job. Try to apply for job opportunities from the final year of your Engineering course itself.

IT is well developed in India and there were so many IT companies which are recruiting Computer Science Engineers every year through various modes like
On Campus Placements
Off Campus Placements
Job Melas etc.

Get in touch with your Training and Placement Cell in the college and collect the list of companies that would come to your college for on campus placements. Collect the placement papers of those companies and start practicing. Make sure that you will not miss job opportunity once the company visits the college for placements.

If you are not interested in computer science, I will suggest you to opt for any of the following :
Civil Engineering
Mechanical Engineering
Chemical Engineering
Aeronautical Engineering etc.
29th October 2015, 08:32 AM
H Rimmy

If you have completed 12th in computer science then I would like to suggest that you have to go for civil engineering.

To get admission in civil engineering you should have to give entrance exam JEE/AIEEE .If you get good scores in this entrance exam then you definitely get admission in good reputed colleges.

If you interested in other fields then there are some courses are given below:-
Information Technology
Aeronautical Engineering
Automobile Engineering
Electronics Engineering
Chemical Engineering
29th October 2015, 10:51 AM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

You have selected computer as your subject in intermediate. It has very good scope so pursue with this and also from one of the best colleges having better placements.
I have mentioned below some of the courses which have good scope. These are given here:-
Civil Engineering
Automobile Engineering
Chemical Engineering
Aeronautical Engineering
Computer Science & Engineering
Structural Engineering
Electrical and Electronics Engineering
29th October 2015, 11:56 AM
Roja kaki

There are many courses are there in engineering which are listed below:
1.Computer science engineering
2.Information technology
3.Electrical and electronic engineering
4.Mechanical engineering
5.Civil engineering
6.Electrical Instrumentation engineering.
7.Electrical and communication engineering.
These are the major courses in engineering.
30th October 2015, 02:31 PM
Unregistered

You can select B.Tech/B.E. in civil engineering ,Electronics & Electrical Engineering,Computer,IT (Information Technology).

To getting admission for these courses first of all you have to clear the entrance exam such as JEE Mains,JEE Advanced,AIEEE. On the basis of scores or rank you can get admission for B.Tech.

You can also do some other courses like as:-

PGDCA
BCA
MS-Office
Internet Security
C,C++
JAVA
Net Technologies
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?