12th April 2012, 09:17 AM
Unregistered

Which course should I choose between BCA and B.Tech to become a Software Engineer?

I am confuced. I like copmputer and i become to a software engnier. Please tell me what should i do. Should i take b.c.a or b.tech.

12th April 2012, 12:44 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which course should I choose between BCA and B.Tech to become a Software Engineer?

It is always a better choice to opt for B.Tech course if you are interested to become a Software Engineer.

B.Tech course is otherwise called as Engineering. Hence, you can become a Software Engineer after completion of this course.

You can also join as Software Engineer after completion of MCA which is to be done after completion of BCA.

If you go through this, it will become 6 years for you to see yourself as a Software Engineer because the duration of both BCA and MCA courses are 3 years.

In contrast to this, if you have completed B.Tech course, it will take just 4 years of time for you to join as Software Engineer.

It is not so easy to become a Software Engineer. You should have good subject knowledge and communication skills.

You should possess the quality of multi tasking.

The admission to B.Tech course will be given on the basis of performance in the Entrance Exam like AIEEE.

Try to get admission for this course in a better college so that there is a more scope for you to be placed in reputed companies for job opportunities.

The following specializations will be a better choice for you in B.Tech course
B.Tech in Computer Science Engineering
B.Tech in Information Technology

Have good preparation for the Entrance Exam and crack the same.

Wish you all the best.
12th April 2012, 03:50 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which course should I choose between BCA and B.Tech to become a Software Engineer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am confuced. I like copmputer and i become to a software engnier. Please tell me what should i do. Should i take b.c.a or b.tech.
BCA OR B.TECH

BCA or B.tech, both will fetch you the job of a software developer/engineer.

But if you have to choose between these two, I would suggest you to go for B.Tech in Computer Science(CSE) or Information Technology(IT).

BCA is a 3 years professional degree course and B.tech is a 4 years professional degree course.

After completing B.tech you can call yourself an 'engineer', but you can not call yourself so, after completing BCA.

In other word, B.tech is not equal to BCA.

The kind of job that you will get after BCA can never be equal to or as satisfying as the kind of job that you will get after B.tech.

Though after completing BCA or B.tech, you will get job in IT sectors and even in your dream post, but the salary and other facilities will differ. After BCA you have to do MCA to compete with the B.tech degree holders.

After B.tech you can do M.tech by cracking GATE. But after you can not do M.tech. For that you have to do either MCA or B.tech first, then only you can apply.

So, keeping in mind all these reasons or problems in future, it is always better to do B.tech rather than BCA.

Hope you are not confused now!
12th April 2012, 11:54 PM
monisha_sarabhai

That depends on your B TECH degree.
You can't do every course available in M TECH, according to your B Tech go for further studies,
like if you are a computer science student go for software in M Tech,
If you are a mechanical Go for Automobile, aerospace, design, maintenance, thermal etc. sub branches in M Tech.
like wise its depends on your B Tech course.
You didn't specify that so Google it and you may find the subjects for your branch in M Tech.
Good Luck....!!!
15th April 2012, 10:38 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
HI!
As per my knowledge B.Tech course is also known as engineering course.
So friend in My opinion you should chose B.Tech if you want to become software engineer.

For admission in top B.Tech college you have to qualify the entrance exam like:-
> A.I.E.E.E
> I.I.T-J.E.E
> B.I.T.S.AT
> M.I.E.E.E
> S.R.M.E.E.E
etc

TOP ENGINEERING COLLEGE IN INDIA:-
> I.I.T, DELHI
> I.I.T, BOMBAY
> I.I.T, KANPUR
> B.I.T, RACHI
> N.I.T, WRANGAL
> N.I.T, TRICHY
etc

GOOD LUCK!
16th April 2012, 12:47 AM
param pita

Hello dear,It is always a better choice to opt for B.Tech course if you are interested to become a Software Engineer.

B.Tech course is otherwise called as Engineering. Hence, you can become a Software Engineer after completion of this course.

You can also join as Software Engineer after completion of MCA which is to be done after completion of BCA.

If you go through this, it will become 6 years for you to see yourself as a Software Engineer because the duration of both BCA and MCA courses are 3 years.

In contrast to this, if you have completed B.Tech course, it will take just 4 years of time for you to join as Software Engineer.

It is not so easy to become a Software Engineer. You should have good subject knowledge and communication skills.

You should possess the quality of multi tasking.

The admission to B.Tech course will be given on the basis of performance in the Entrance Exam like AIEEE.

Try to get admission for this course in a better college so that there is a more scope for you to be placed in reputed companies for job opportunities.

The following specializations will be a better choice for you in B.Tech course
B.Tech in Computer Science Engineering
B.Tech in Information Technology

Have good preparation for the Entrance Exam and crack the same.
BCA OR B.TECH

BCA or B.tech, both will fetch you the job of a software developer/engineer.

But if you have to choose between these two, I would suggest you to go for B.Tech in Computer Science(CSE) or Information Technology(IT).

BCA is a 3 years professional degree course and B.tech is a 4 years professional degree course.

After completing B.tech you can call yourself an 'engineer', but you can not call yourself so, after completing BCA.

In other word, B.tech is not equal to BCA.

The kind of job that you will get after BCA can never be equal to or as satisfying as the kind of job that you will get after B.tech.
12th May 2012, 12:08 AM
Unregistered

HI..I HAVE GOT 61% IN 12TH SCIENCE(ON THE BASIS OF GRAND TOTAL)..I WANT TO GO FOR ANIMATION AND GAME DESIGNING..SHOULD I DO B.TECH OR BCA..WILL I HAVE A BRIGHT FUTURE..MY EMAIL ID:[email protected]
12th May 2012, 12:11 AM
NINJABANDHAN

Hi.. I have got 61% in 12th science(on the basis of grand total)..i want to do animation and game designing..should i go for b.tech or bca..will i have a bright future..
26th June 2012, 08:39 PM
Unregistered

I gt 70 merit nd I want to go to computer line....well i.m gettin admission in BCA course in M.S. university....so.should I opt fr BCA in M.S. or should I opt fr engeeniering degree in a private collage???????.plz do reply
5th August 2012, 10:37 PM
Unregistered

Can a B.Tech/M Tech Engineer add Er. prefix to his name
16th August 2012, 05:14 PM
Unregistered

HI i am diploma holder e.c.e and doing job with part time study so tell me what course is beter BCA AND B.TECH
tell me coresponding b.tech is possible
i have interest in computer networking feild so plz help me
18th August 2012, 01:03 AM
Unregistered

hi i am diploma holder ece nd doing job vd part time study but i am cnfused in choosen betwen btech or bca frm correspondance tell me what is better for me
9th September 2012, 12:56 PM
Unregistered

I am a Student of B.C.A Ist year.And i want to became a Software engineer.May you tell me that what are the Ways to became a Software engineering.
Thanks
19th February 2013, 12:10 PM
Unregistered

Hi, i have completed my 11th class Right know, and i am intrested in Computer field as i have opted for CS and its very Intresting For ME.
I have a question that i am not a very good student but 70% ie, Average and i want to do B.tech.
How to it means how can i get a B.tech Degreee

and one more thing that i have to go for GAMING/ Software/ App developing.
Help me Which one should i choose and Which one is best of these threee in terms of Income and Funn.
I will respect the Answer of Every member.

THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS
4th March 2013, 10:14 AM
kalamandir

hi,,,,,,

course should I choose between BCA and B.Tech to become a Software Engineer

top B.Tech college you have to qualify the entrance exam like

1.B.I.T.S.AT
2.A.I.E.E.E
3.S.R.M.E.E.E
4.I.I.T-J.E.E

TOP ENGINEERING COLLEGE IN INDIA

1.B.I.T, RACHI
2.I.I.T, DELHI
3.N.I.T, WRANGAL
4.I.I.T, KANPUR

all the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4th March 2013, 04:16 PM
The Mask Man
Senior Member+

I would Suggest you to go for B-tech.

No doubt BCA is also a good Subject but I think in between the two.

B-Tech in CS or IT has a much much greater scope than B.C.A.

Also Companies prefer B-Tech Graduates over The Other candidates for their company.

Hope this will b helpful.

ALl The Best
29th March 2013, 01:28 PM
Unregistered

I have given my !0 th exam. Now i am opting for science. and want to become a software engineer So what should i do
29th March 2013, 11:56 PM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++

Quote:
HI!
Friend In my opinion if you want to become software engineer you have to go for B.Tech in say on stream like:-
> Information Technology
> Computer Science

For admission in top college you have to qualify the entrance exam like:-
> I.I.T-J.E.E.
> A.I.E.E.E
> S.R.M.E.E
> D.C.E
> I.P-C.E.T
etc

ALL THE BEST!
30th June 2013, 03:38 PM
Unregistered

hii i have pass 10th with 83% in up board and now i want to go to computer line.. but i don't want to chose pcm as my sub bcz i hate maths
.. will u plz suggest should i do now?
3rd July 2013, 10:23 PM
Unregistered

what can i do after bca to become a software developer,i have commerce stream with math.please tell me sir
5th July 2013, 03:44 PM
Unregistered

i got 61% in 2 board exam can i join for computer btech
21st October 2013, 05:11 PM
prity chandra

Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) is 4 years course that aims on theoretical and even practical knowledge in various areas such as Computer engineering. Mechanical, , electronics, communication engineering and many more.

Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA)- The degree’s main focus is on database management systems, computer architecture, web technology, operating, software engineering, and languages like C, C++, HTML, etc and includes them for 3 years.

So to choose between BCA and B.Tech you just have to see your background whether you are from commerce arts or science and see where you fit in. Then choose the institute according to your choice. B.tech programme is based on both theoretical and practical concepts which enhances a deep knowledge in students. Were on the other hand MCA is considered as a professional degree course which provides more practical experience in students. MCA followed by Ph.D programme is worth more than a B.Tech degree.

To choose the colleges according to your eligibility see: http://www.coursesinindia.co.in
21st October 2013, 05:18 PM
Prity Chandra

Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) is 4 years course that aims on theoretical and even practical knowledge in various areas such as Computer engineering. Mechanical, , electronics, communication engineering and many more.
Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA)- The degree’s main focus is on database management systems, computer architecture, web technology, operating, software engineering, and languages like C, C++, HTML, etc and includes them for 3 years.

So to choose between BCA and B.Tech you just have to see your background whether you are from commerce arts or science and see where you fit in. Then choose the institute according to your choice. B.tech programme is based on both theoretical and practical concepts which enhances a deep knowledge in students. Were on the other hand MCA is considered as a professional degree course which provides more practical experience in students. MCA followed by Ph.D programme is worth more than a B.Tech degree.

To choose the institute which can be eligible according to you see: http://www.coursesinindia.co.in
21st October 2013, 05:25 PM
Unregistered

To choose the institute according to your elligibilty see: http://www.coursesinindia.co.in
17th March 2014, 05:22 PM
Unregistered

i will confuse after completing mca what i will do my childhood ambition is software engineer
17th March 2014, 05:23 PM
Unregistered

i will confuse after completing mca what i will do my childhood ambition is software engineer
15th May 2014, 12:46 AM
Unregistered

What should i do if i am not getting any good collage for btec ,can bca will be good?
1st June 2014, 04:39 PM
Unregistered

Smile Re: Which course should I choose between BCA and B.Tech to become a Software Engineer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJABANDHAN View Post
Hi.. I have got 61% in 12th science(on the basis of grand total)..i want to do animation and game designing..should i go for b.tech or bca..will i have a bright future..
Hi,

i believe that for a bright future, one must have interest in the subject you're studying.

Well, B.Tech is Physics, Maths, and Hardware. BCA+MCA (only a BCA degree won't fetch you anything) is pure software. you decide. and your future will be bright (provided you work hard)
19th May 2015, 10:31 AM
Unregistered

SIR i gain only 38 mark in jee main i hope i could gain above 85 percent in rbse board my sister say for doing BCA because many student doing engineering
every year and no scope in engneering in rajasthan please tell me what should I do
19th May 2015, 10:55 AM
Unregistered

i am science student i got 38 in jee main and hope above 85 in board i want study realted to computee my sister say studying from rajasthan collage is not
better and not scope and tell me to do BCA PLEASE TELL ME WHAT SHOULD I do i am totally confuse
20th June 2015, 02:32 PM
Unregistered

which is a better degree (BCA MCA) OR (B.TECH)????
ANOTHER QUESTION DEGREE WILL GIVE ME A BETTER JOB (BCA MCA) OR (BTECH) AND WHAT WILL BE THE MINIMUM SALARY????
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?