15th July 2013, 10:16 PM
roslin jeba kriba

How should I join software engineering field? I am a 2nd year BCA student

hi, I am roslin
i am in 2yr BCA student
after complete my BCA then after what course is good to choose in software field
but i want to do in software engineering field pls help..

27th July 2013, 09:19 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: How should I join software engineering field? I am a 2nd year BCA student

Quote:
Originally Posted by roslin jeba kriba View Post
hi, I am roslin
i am in 2yr BCA student
after complete my BCA then after what course is good to choose in software field
but i want to do in software engineering field pls help..
Hi

There are fair chances for you to join software field as you are a BCA student which is completely related to software and IT. Before thinking about what to do after graduation i.e., your BCA please make some topic/subject interesting to you either it may be testing or software development or networking or any other.

By doing the above exercise you'll have clear mind and goal for what to be done in future. Even then you're not able to come to conclusion on what to choose and what to do please sit with some seniors or well wishers who are sophisticated and whom you think are the right one's for clarifications of your career related doubts. You have to take this serious because this step will have great impact on your career.

After deciding or coming to a thought of doing something and settling in some way it is pretty easy to distinguish between the options available and there are so many options in urban cities in software sector, mainly. So once you are clear about your interests and then start researching about those careers if you really like them then step ahead and do whatever you can to improve knowledge in the selected area.

I think you are bit confused about software engineering and software field. To be frank there is no much difference but, I will brief you the sectors in software field so that you will be clear.

There are mainly and broadly two categories.

1) Development
2) Support

Development comes under sub domains like programming, designing, testing, installing etc.

Support comes under testing again, application usage, enhancements for special clients and etc.,

It might be new to you but these are the things you should know. Well this is all about software careers and etc.
31st August 2013, 10:42 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How should I join software engineering field? I am a 2nd year BCA student

You can join to software field immediately after BCA or after PG. After BCA, you can try for trainee level profiles in programming, networking or system administration. Your chances for job may get double, if you try for higher education progrms like MCA. MCA holders can try for most of the jobs designed for engineers in software field. Banks, Defense, and teaching field also offer adequate job openings.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?