24th April 2012, 11:30 PM
Unregistered

Which course should be taken to become an IAS officer after passing 10th?

what course should be taken to become an ias officer after 10th

25th April 2012, 03:28 AM
4G Solutions
Senior Member+

Post Re: Which course should be taken to become an IAS officer after passing 10th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
what course should be taken to become an ias officer after 10th
Hello Friend!

Minimum qualification required to become an IAS(Indian Administrative Service) officer is Graduation. So after 10th class complete your 12th course then take admission in any Graduation course. after Graduation you will be eligible to become an IAS officer.

To become an IAS officer, you have to crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC once in a year. Selection procedure for IAS through Civil Service Exam is givien below..

-Civil Service Preliminary Exam
-Civil Service Main Exam
-Personal Interview

Eligibility for Civil Service Exam is as follows..

Academic Qualification:- Graduation in any stream from recognized university. Candidates who are pursuing final year of Graduation are also eligible for this exam.

Age Limit:- Age should be in between 21 to 30 years for general category. 21 to 33 years for OBC category. 21 to 35 years for SC/ST category.

So please complete your 12th and Graduation then apply for this exam to become an IAS officer in future.

If you want more information regarding IAS Civil Service Exam then please visit UPSC official website:

http://upsc.gov.in
25th April 2012, 06:48 AM
punjpro

Default Re: Which course should be taken to become an IAS officer after passing 10th?

Well, That quite depends upon You. But several Qualified and successful People in this field say that A backup is necessary in case you are unable to qualify in IAS. SO, In mine opinion Your higher education should be what ever you choose or prefer but Graduation degree should be something like B.Tech/BBA/M.B.B.S/BCA, etc. Whatever You prefer.

By backup i meant that consider a situation u were unable to qualify then if u hold some nice degree u will get easy job while if You hold Simple degree then you endanger yourselves.
25th April 2012, 07:36 PM
ravi17283

Default Re: Which course should be taken to become an IAS officer after passing 10th?

hi,
you must and should have a degree certificate and a minimum age of 21 years.if your aim is to become an IAS officer first of all complete your 12th and any diploma course or B-Tech and then start your preparation and browse www.upsc portal.com for more information for this.i hope you will be surely benifitted .......good luck for bright career
1st June 2012, 02:12 PM
Unregistered

which are the graduation courses useful?
1st June 2012, 03:50 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria for IAS:-

Age limit-21-30 years
Educational Qualification- Bachelor’s degree of a recognised university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physcs, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Enginerring or an equivalent qualification

No. of permissible attempts-4

Fee- Rs. 100/- (Rupees one hundred only)
(No fee for SCs/STs/Physically disabled only)
6th June 2012, 06:40 PM
Unregistered

How much year it takes in taking out IAS?
6th June 2012, 06:44 PM
Unregistered

How much year it takes in taking out IAS?
14th June 2012, 09:26 AM
Unregistered

Is math nesecery in ias. Or is a art student can become a ias offecer?
14th June 2012, 03:31 PM
Unregistered

how i can become a perfect I.A.S ?
19th July 2012, 09:37 PM
Unregistered

after finishing of my 10 i finished my graduation in distance so did i eligible for ias?
2nd September 2012, 08:55 PM
Unregistered

how much time should it take to become
6th September 2012, 02:16 AM
div29

Dear friend,

You can take up any course after your 10th.Study a course in which you are intereted in.

The minimumeducational qualification to become an IAS officer is degree from an recognized university.

The upsc notification is saying the following clause for the minimum educational qualification is concerned:

the candidate must hold a degree of any of universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislatures of india or declared to be deemed as university under section 3 of the UGC act 1956.

so from the above clause it is quite clear that you can take up any degree from an recognized university.

After 12th you may take up political science,international relations etc.. if at all you have interest as it may help you in the preparation.so first finish your 12th class take up some degree in which you have interest.

all the best
18th November 2012, 07:46 PM
Unregistered

IS MATHS NECESSARY TO BECOME AN IAS
18th November 2012, 07:49 PM
Unregistered

IS MATHS NECESSARY TO BECOME AN IAS ?
14th May 2013, 09:31 PM
Unregistered

can i able to aapear IAS exam after completing diploma?
14th May 2013, 09:34 PM
Unregistered

can i able to appear IAS exam after completing diploma in electrical
3rd June 2013, 07:16 PM
Unregistered

Is arts is best option after 10 to becoming an ias
4th April 2014, 02:32 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir/Mam,

I want become IAS officer.but my qualifications is diploma in Architecture Asst. & i have passed 12th with Arts site.Now,i have five years experience in Architecture job.Please review my qualifications & suggest i can apply for this Post.
Thanks & Best Regards
Kirti
5th April 2014, 06:52 AM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

The minimum academic qualification that is required for the candidates in order to become IAS Officer is by completion of Graduation with any of the stream from a recognized university.

You are in the 10th class and you have 5 more years to complete your Graduation.

I appreciate your interest towards civil services and your approach of knowing the procedure to become IAS Officer.

You should crack the following selection rounds.
Civil Service Aptitude Test
Civil Service Main Exam
Interview

The nationality of the candidate should be India to apply for this Civil Service Exam.

CSAT Exam is being conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) once in a year to recruit the candidates into various civil services like
IAS
IPS
IFS etc.

I suggest you to opt for the stream in which you are interested both in 12th class and as well as Graduation.

But the thing is make sure that at least one subject of your stream should be there in the list of optional subjects for Main Exam.

Try to put much attention towards that subject and gain good subject knowledge. Then you can easily crack the civil services Exam.

Carry out preparation for this Exam from the beginning of your Graduation itself.

To know the latest information on this Exam, please visit
http://upsc.gov.in/

Wish you all the best.
15th April 2016, 03:18 PM
Unregistered

Wich kind of knowledge we should have to clear exam of IAS?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?