7th January 2018, 04:48 PM
Unregistered

Which course to take in Intermediate to study Genetic Engineering?

To study Genetic Engineering after 12th which course should we take up in 11th whether MPC or BIPC, which one?

Related Questions:
  1. Which course to take in Intermediate to study Genetic Engineering?
  2. Genetic Engineering can be studied without Maths?
  3. How to join in genetic engineering branch after scoring 92% in aggregate? BEst colleges for genetic engineering in AP
  4. How is it possible to study Genetic Engineering in Ahmedabad?
  5. What should we study after +2 to study genetic engineering in future ?
  6. How to opt for Genetic Engineering course after completion of Intermediate in Bi.P.C stream in Andhra Pradesh?
  7. How to study genetic engineering after passing 10th? What subjects are required for genetic engineering
  8. How to study genetic engineering? I have to study biotechnology before genetic engineering
  9. Can I pursue genetic engineering after BE mechanical engineering?
  10. Eligibility for genetic engineering? Can BIPC students study genetic engineering?
  11. What are the courses eligible for genetic engineering students?
  12. Best college to study Genetic engineering in India? Which country stands first in Genetic engineering?
  13. What should I do to study Genetic Engineering after completion of 12th PCM?
  14. Eligibility to study BE(Genetic Engineering) for 12th Science NIOS student? -- [New]
  15. Genetic Engineering: Percentage required in 12th and which subjects to choose to study genetic engineering later? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. How can I join the genetic engineering course after completing intermediate with biology, Physics and chemistry? Am I eligible to go for it?
  17. Am I eligible to study Genetic Engineering after completing B.Sc in Nursing?
  18. List of entrance exams available for M.Sc genetic engineering admission
9th January 2018, 09:08 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which course to take in Intermediate to study Genetic Engineering?

To get admission for pursuing Genetic Engineering course, you should have to pursue 11th and 12th standard with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology subjects from a Government recognised board. Admissions in Genetic Engineering course are done through entrance examination conducted by the respective state/ college/ university.
9th January 2018, 09:20 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

As far as you are concerned about the minimum educational qualification required for pursuing genetic engineering course i.e; B.Tech ( Bachelor of Technology ) degree in Genetic then I would like to let you know that for pursuing same course after your Class 12th you must have completed your Class 12th with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics as main subjects from a recognized board of education.

So it is evident from above fact that to study genetic engineering course you are required to complete your Class 12th with Science stream with PCMB group rather than PCM or PCB group.
9th January 2018, 09:40 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

The basic eligibility criteria for a graduate degree (BE / B.Tech) is 10+2 or equivalent examination, with Biology, Chemistry and Mathematics as well as genetics as part of the biology OR a bachelors degree in science or molecular biology.So,you should choice BIPC in class 11.
9th January 2018, 10:30 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

To study Genetic Engineering course, you should have to choose Medical Science stream which comprises Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects for pursuing your 11th and 12th standard. For taking admission in Genetic Engineering course after completion of 12th standard, you have to appear in engineering entrance examination conducted by the respective authority. Since, you are interested to pursue Genetic Engineering course, you have to study BiPC stream in your 11th and 12th standard.
9th January 2018, 11:04 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

For pursuing Genetic Engineering as your graduation course, you should have Chemistry, Maths and Biology as your primary subjects in 12th.

So, you should choose PCMB stream to be eligible for pursuing Genetic Engineering after 12th standard.

Some of the top reputed Genetic engineering colleges are listed below:
  • Parul Group of Institutes, Vadodara
  • Babaria Institute of Technology (BIT), Vadodara
  • Sarvajanik College of Engineering & Technology (SCET), Surat
  • Government Engineering College, Surat
  • C.K Pithawalla College of Engineering and Technology
  • LDRP Institute of Technology & Research, Gandhinagar
  • Hemchandracharya North Gujarat University
  • L.D.College of Engineering, Ahmedabad
13th January 2018, 06:44 AM
chikkykranthi619

For doing the genetic engineering you need to take PCMB stream i.e physics, chemistry, maths and biology.Try do it from a reputed college like :
SRM University or
Manipal University or
PES University.

After that genetic engineering also try to do master's i.e:
-->Master of Engineering in Genetic Engineering
-->Master of Technology (M.Tech) in Genetic Engineering
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?