27th December 2011, 11:49 PM
sonu/akhilesh

Detailed information regarding the CAT entrance exam?

Could u please give me detailed information regarding the CAT entrance exam?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I join IBM with CAT scorecard? Detailed information about IBM entrance exam?
  2. Detailed Information regarding CAT Exam?
  3. Should I have to appear in CAT for study MBA? Detailed information about JMEG recruitment exam for B.Tech student?
  4. Detailed information about the syllabus of the entrance of B.Ed? Which books are to be referred for the same?
  5. Detailed Information regarding UGC NET Exam of this year?
  6. Detailed information about SNAP entrance exam?
  7. Detailed Information regarding Entrance Exam for MBBS course for the year 2012?
  8. How to study IIM for MBA after passing B.E electrical engineering
  9. Detailed information about Biotech entrance exam? What is the date of it?
  10. How to prepare for CAT entrance exam? How many times in a year CAT exam can be written? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Detailed information about the colleges which include genetic engineering? Names the entrance exams?
  12. List of some good colleges which I can get after scoring 55 percentile in MAT in AP, Karnataka, Tamilnadu?
  13. Detailed information and eligibility to apply in CSIR-NET for M.Sc(Mathematics) postgraduate? -- [New]
  14. Which books should I refer for CAT entrance exam? How to start preparing for upcoming CAT entrance exam?
  15. Best coaching for IIT in Gurgaon, Dwarka and Delhi between FIITJEE and Narayana?
  16. Best coaching centre in Kolkata for medical coaching?
  17. What are the best options after completion of B.Tech in computer science and engineering
  18. What is the detailed syllabus of NDA entrance exam? Where can I get the examination details? What should I do to score well in exam?
28th December 2011, 09:12 AM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Default Re: Detailed information regarding the CAT entrance exam?

Dear pal,
CAT is a aptitude test conducted by the indian institute of management for admitting the aspirants to the masters degree in business administration. The eligibility required for appearing in the exam are
1. The aspirant should have completed bachelor degree from a recognised university. The duration of the degree course must be minimum of three years.
2. There is no restriction on the number of attempts and the aspirant can apply at any age.
The aspirant can use to cat scope for getting admitted to the masters degree in business administration. For admitting the aspirants to the IIM, the selection procedure involved are cat exam followed by group discussion for which the aspirant will be called based on the cat marks. Following which the aspirants are admitted to the course after the personnel interview. All the best
28th December 2011, 10:15 AM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: Detailed information regarding the CAT entrance exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonu/akhilesh View Post
Could u please give me detailed information regarding the CAT entrance exam?
Common Admission Test is the All India Test conducted every year by the various Indian Institutes if Management(IIMs). This exam is conducted for the selection of candidate for the various MBA courses in IIMs. The duration of this course is of 2 years. The eligibility required for this examination is given below:

Education Qualification
Candidate applying for the Common admission test should be graduate in any discipline from the recognized university with a minimum of 50% marks. Relaxation is given for the reserved category candidates like SC/ST.The required only 45% marks.
Those appeared in the in the final year examination are also eligible to apply for this examination.

Examination Pattern
The objective question are asked in the examination and total of 60-70 questions are asked by the candidate in the examination. As the CAT examination pattern changes every year so the duration of exam is not fixed. The CAT examination is based on the following topics:

> Quantitative Ability

> Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning

> Reading Comprehension

> Verbal Ability

So you have to prepare your self in the above subjects very well if you want to get admission in IIMs. Every year the cutoff goes very high you have to work very hard for this examination.

For more information on Common Admission Test examination you can visit at the below web site:

www.catiim.in
28th December 2011, 10:23 AM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

dear friend,

Every year IIMs (Indian Institute of Management) organised the CAT(Common Admission Test) examination. According to the CAT score the candidates are admitted in the management colleges.

Here I have provided some books name from where you can study and for this you have to buy the hard copy from market.The books are :

1. Analytical & Logical Reasoning
2. Quantative Aptitude by R.S.Agarwall
3. Verbal ability for CAT by Sujit Kumar
4. CAT by N.K.Sinha
5. Verbal Reasoning by R.S.Agarwall
6. Tata McGraw-Hills Publication CAT Study material by A.Sharma and Upadhyay
7. Quantative Aptitude of CAT by Arun Sharma.

Besides this you can take coaching from your nearby coaching center.
Another thing I can say to you is that go for the following guidelines :

1. Maintain a time table
2. Work hard
3. Don't leave any important chapter
4. Study all these chapter very well
5. Take a valuable guideline from books and as well as coaching centers
6. Practice carefully
7. Attend test series of multiple type question.

If you do this way the you will be succeed.

all the best.
28th December 2011, 11:14 AM
sumansin
Senior Member+++++

Commen Aptitude Test

CAT stands for Common Aptitude Test. such B-school conducts the cat exam for MBA admission.

Eligibility:- Candidate must graduate with at least 50% marks for general and obc category(relaxation of 45% for sc/st/pwd), from any Universities.

some B-school conducts the CAT exam. i am giving name of that school and there cutt off. where you take admission .

MDI gurgaon 95 percentile
SP JIMPER mumbai 85 percentile
XIM bhubaneswar 75+ percentile
LIBA chennai 85+ percentile
XIME bangalore 80 percentile

XIMB- Xavier institute management bhubaneswar, offered programs PGDM,PGDM-HRM and PGDM-RM. the cost of form is rs 1000. accept only XAT,CAT scores.

IMT- IMT group take admission for campuses in ghaziabad,nagpur and hyderabad. the application fee is 1750 rs.selection is basis on CAT,XAT,GMAT scores, written test and interview.

IMI- International management institute take admission for PGDM and PGDM-HR.selection is basis on CAT score,academic perfomance,work experince,group discussion and essay writting and personal interview.
28th December 2011, 12:45 PM
arun.potturu

The CAT stands for Common Admission Test.It is MBA entrance test conducting once in year.
The eligibility criteria is candidate should completed graduation or degree with 55% marks.The application forms are invited from the website www.catiim.nic.in
The topics for this exam is
1.Aptitude and Reasoning questions.
2.General english.
3.Data interpretation problems etc.
28th December 2011, 02:49 PM
Vishu0007

Thumbs up Re: Detailed information regarding the CAT entrance exam?

COMMON ADMISSION TEST(CAT)

CAT exam conducts for those candidates who want to make a career in Managment by pursuing MBA.MBA stands for Master in business administration,it is a postgraduate course of 2 years duration.CAT exam is conducted every year for MBA aspirants.Following are the qualities required for cat candidates:-
>>>Must be good in Verbal Ability.
>>>Must be good in Reading comprehensation
>>>Data interpretation & logical reasoning
Such qualities are required for CAT aspirants.Such qualities are included in CAT syllabus.
ELIGIBILITY
>>>You must be graduate from a recognized university & final year students are also eligible.
>>>Graduation can be from any stream
28th December 2011, 02:54 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
CAT stands for Common Admission Test..

Which is organized by IIM's....

It is an entrance exam for MBA course..

Eligibility for CAT exam:-

1.Candidate must have complete the graduation in any trade.
2.Candidate should not have any pending backlogs..
3.Final year candidates can also apply for CAT exam.
4.No age limit.
5.No number of attempts..

So, you can go for the exam...

All the best.
24th July 2012, 12:50 PM
Unregistered

In which sem of our bechlor degree we have to go for prepration of C.A.T. examination
18th December 2012, 07:19 PM
Unregistered

Can u pls tl me whch shld i prefer cat or gre.whch has bright future
18th February 2014, 08:11 PM
Unregistered

Can sum1 temme d duration dat is d month from when the coaching will b starting when it will end and when can wee wryt d xam?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?