27th August 2011, 06:16 PM
ganesH dwivedi

Difference between Current and Voltage?

what is the difference between current & voltage. define in words . Please define in words. How current work in wire& How voltage work in wire .

27th August 2011, 09:53 PM
farza

Default Re: Difference between Current and Voltage?

Voltage is the difference inpotential between two points.Current is the rate of flow of electricity across a given element.Voltage divided by current is the resistance of the element
1st December 2011, 10:06 PM
rk6030

Voltage (sometimes called electric potential difference) is the electrical driving force set up by an electric potential difference. There are several ways to create an electric potential difference, but in any case, it is voltage that causes current flow if there is some kind of circuit or current path to support the flow. Current or current flow is the actual movement of electrons through the branches of a circuit when voltage (the "motivational force" that causes current flow) is applied.
19th May 2012, 01:10 AM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Difference between Current and Voltage?

Hi

This is a very common question and so I am defining the two quantities :-

VOLTAGE :-

This is the "PUSH" or "FORCE" which causes the current to flow in an Electric Circuit.
Voltage can exist without Current but the vice versa is not true. Voltage works in a wire that there is a potential difference between the two ends and so that potential difference drives the electrons from Higher potential to lower potential. This generates a force in the Electrons and they move.

CURRENT :-

This is the actual flow of electrons in the Electric Circuit when a voltage is applied across it.
The voltage kind of pushes the electrons in the circuit from the Positive to the Negative side and when electrons flow, Current is generated.

For current to flow the circuit should be complete.

If you want more elaboration on this, Please Click here

Hope this helps

Regards
RANJEET
19th May 2012, 12:43 PM
Zampradeep

Generally speaking voltage is difference bw the charge at places and current is directed flow of electron..
Technically speaking
voltage is work done in moving a charge from one place to another place against unit charge
current is rate of flow charge in unit surface area in unit time..
Finally if there a differents in charge in any two places i.e voltage and you place conductor then current will flow due to diff in charge..
19th May 2012, 04:30 PM
Ravikanth2027
Senior Member+++++

Difference between Current & Voltage :

Voltage attempts to make a current floe & current will flow if the circuit is complete
Voltage is sometimes described as the push or force of the electricity
It isn't a force but this may help you to imagine what is happening
It is possible to have voltage without current , but current cannot flow without voltage

(OR)

The Current measures how much water travels through the pipe
sometimes you have a big pipe & sometimes you have little pipe ,but neither matters for the current the current simply measures how much water goes through it

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?