17th January 2011, 12:59 PM
ckuladeep

What career path should a B.Tech passed student choose, MBA or M.Tech. or Job?

hi..iam new to this forum.am really excited to be a part of this forum.i just wanna put forward my question.this question is itself a non-answered by each and every student who completes b.tech degree.WHAT NEXT AFTER B.TECH??.EVERY STUDENT IS FIXED UP REGARDING THIS ISSUE.Is m.tech or mba or job is suggestible for bright future???...

i need a answer with respect to financial problems for all the alternatives ...
or is there any other option???

please do not say it all depends upon student interest...

PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS KEEPING IN VIEW OF AN AVERAGE B.TECH STUDENT WHO JUST COMPLETED HIS B.TECH....

30th January 2011, 02:08 AM
drkpp
Senior Member+

Default Re: What career path should a B.Tech passed student choose, MBA or M.Tech. or Job?

If financial problems exist, it is imperative for you to get a job and start earning. If getting a job to earn money, is not an urgency, it is always advisable to further your studies. Which post graduation to choose is a question that can be answered satisfactorily by only one person and that is you. If you have an aptitude for administration, you will do well with an M.B.A. degree. If you are more technically oriented, an M.Tech. degree, will help you to specialize in the field of your interest. Both streams have good job opportunities and monetary benefits for the employee.
30th January 2011, 11:16 AM
siddu1790

Default Re: What career path should a B.Tech passed student choose, MBA or M.Tech. or Job?

hi this is siddartha i am doing my b.tech final year
for an average b.tech student i prefer to get a job in an average company and gain some experience about 2 years and shift to another top company because m.b.a is a good choice but its very difficult to get through cat or snap but to do m.b.a in state level is worse and to do a job is a better thing
Choosing m.tech is also a better choice if u get in iit and nit and u have to work very hard to get it .one must think that without hard work no one can get any success
finally if got m.tech in iit or nit just go for it if not do job for few years and shift to another top company
30th January 2011, 12:11 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

hi...
your doubt is an genuine one and every person in your phase of life has to go through it,
the only mistake you have don is that you should have decided about it when you were in final year of your graduation and by thinking now i think you have wasted precious time,
among the three options lets take m.tech first
m.tech:
if you want to do m.tech then in India its best only to do it from the iits,for that you have to get an good rank in gate exam,you will be provided an stipend of 8000 per month from the indian government
2.mba:
in India there is an value of mba if you do it from iims or colleges like xlri,fms or symbiosis,but here the fees is very high and also you have to really get an great rank in cat exam
3.job:
if you are from an financially poor back ground then its better to go for an job and think about higher studies after two years
all the best
30th January 2011, 12:46 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Hi

Actually this all depends upon student in which he/she has more interest. But if talk about todays market aspects its good to do MBA.

Reason to chose MBA.
The reason for choosing MBA is quite simple. Since now days company will hire only those students who have the capability of handling businesses as well as some technical knowledge which is helpful for the development of business.
So if a technical student choose MBA after the completion of engineering, they had the knowledge of business strategies as well as technical knowledge.

So according to my suggestion you have to do MBA. But keep one thing in mind that if you have no interest in this field then better to avoid this and choose that field in which you have more interest. Because if you have not any interest in that area you will not be creative on that area.

So its good to choose your field according to your interest . But if you are thinking about todays market demand then it is good to do MBA.

GOOD LUCK
30th January 2011, 01:03 PM
anil1268

we will chose M.TECH is better to your bright futucher..if u have get good rank in gate .it is also helpful for finacial problems because you should bring a amount montly..money..also getting..with your studying m.tech .complete m.tech we will get job easly...
30th January 2011, 02:00 PM
Mahaveer Prasad Meena

What to do after B.Tech degree?

This is a general Quastion of a student who is doing engineering and related to a nornal family.

The answer of this Question that what that student want to do..

1. If student wanna to go in Government field then there are many govt. sectors such as:-
Banking, IAS,IES,RAS,IFS,indian army and other UPSC,SSC services that provide a good job to an Engineer.

2. If student wanna job after his Engineering then there are many companies placement such as:-
For CS/IT enggineering student:-TCS,Infosys,Wipro etc..
For Agriculture Engg.:- Tafe,Vedanta etc.
For Minning Engg.:- Hindusthan Zinc and other ...

3. If student wanna M.Tech then he have to fight the exam of GATE(General Aptitude Test For Engg.)
For M.Tech student Govt. give the schalarships 8000/- per month...

and after M.Tech get a good job in teaching field...
30th January 2011, 05:13 PM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckuladeep View Post
hi..iam new to this forum.am really excited to be a part of this forum.i just wanna put forward my question.this question is itself a non-answered by each and every student who completes b.tech degree.WHAT NEXT AFTER B.TECH??.EVERY STUDENT IS FIXED UP REGARDING THIS ISSUE.Is m.tech or mba or job is suggestible for bright future???...

PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS KEEPING IN VIEW OF AN AVERAGE B.TECH STUDENT WHO JUST COMPLETED HIS B.TECH....
dear friend,
after b.tech it is very much useful to do m.tech or mba. all the companies prefer them over normal b.tech student. a lot of students who are doing job are doing higher studies through correspondence because it increases their chances of getting more highly paid jobs. also for a b.tech student, doing mba is good because now a days companies are demanding for both technical and management skills in a single person. so you must go for mba.
30th January 2011, 08:16 PM
Gaurav.jain88

It depand on your interest whether you want to continue you study or you want to do job.

If you want to remain in Technical field and want to go for further studies then Mtech .
If you want to move towards managment then MBA.
If you want to do job then select you area of interest in core field or software and try for the same.
30th January 2011, 10:02 PM
khan2003

Dear Friend after completing B.tech, there are many option i.e to go with MBA or M.tech.

B.tech with MBA is in great demand like for Project Manager etc. in recent trend of industry.
Also if one having interest in academics then he/she must go with M.tech.
Both option have its on importance and scope too.

But dear you can go with job after B.tech and can also complete your MBA with distance learning option.

ok dear best of luck....
30th January 2011, 10:28 PM
khanddn
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckuladeep View Post

Dear Friend;
Warm greeting For the day;

First of all welocme to our Forum.As far as your question is concerned that what is the better option after B.tech.
What my suggestion is in your case you should have to start searching job and take admission in MBA through Distance mode Because most of the company now a days expect a candidate who has knowledge of Management strategies.

All the Best
31st January 2011, 05:53 PM
yashwar sharma S.G.
Senior Member++

well, the career path lies in your hand. if you want to get jobs now you can go for jobs otherwise go for higher studies by writing GATE exam for higher studies as it will increase your profile for jobs also.

you can write CAT,MAT for MBA programmes as it is an emerging trend for FAT salary in both private as well as govt sector.

thank you!!
7th February 2011, 09:53 PM
Unregistered

thanx for creating this web
6th March 2011, 04:23 PM
Unregistered

How should a 1st yr guy need to prepare to crack the GATE exam..?
30th April 2011, 06:20 PM
strange_rahul
Senior Member+

I think you should go for job however if you want to study than you can do MBA...
12th June 2011, 01:19 PM
Unregistered

hello friends,

I have completed both BE. and MBA(Mktng & finance),, But still i have dilemma, whether i want to go for marketing job or financial job or engineering job. My opinion is "if i do engineering job, after getting some yrs experience, i ll promote as TL or project manager etc.. so I can utilize both BE and MBA skills. If i go for either mktng or financial job, i can utilize only management skills only..
so please tell your suggestions quickly in which job i have to go
12th June 2011, 01:25 PM
nirmalkumar.heart

hello friends,

I have completed both BE. and MBA(Mktng & finance),, But still i have dilemma, whether i want to go for marketing job or financial job or engineering job. My opinion is "if i do engineering job, after getting some yrs experience, i ll promote as TL or project manager etc.. so I can utilize both BE and MBA skills. If i go for either mktng or financial job, i can utilize only management skills only.. I am interest in all these 3 fields. so dont tell " It is upto your interest" ..
so please tell your suggestions quickly in which job i have to go...
15th March 2012, 11:08 AM
jobsick

The reason for choosing MBA is quite simple. Since now days company will hire only those students who have the capability of handling businesses as well as some technical knowledge which is helpful for the development of business.
So if a technical student choose MBA after the completion of engineering, they had the knowledge of business strategies as well as technical knowledge.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?