20th July 2011, 08:15 AM
nipun22

Should I go for MBA/MS/M.Tech after passing B.Tech?

Hi, I am a btech pass out. Currently doing job . I want to go for higher studies or PSU. But i m nt able to understand whether i go 4 MBA /Ms/Mtech or PSU.Please clarify n help.

25th January 2012, 01:59 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I go for MBA/MS/M.Tech after passing B.Tech?

This decission should be completely yours as you know it better in which course you are comfortable as all the course which you have mention has a good future,even it depends on your percentage you scored in your last qualifying exam.As you have not mention about your percentage we are not being able to guide you for the course because to pursue any of the above course you need a good percentage.
25th January 2012, 04:10 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Look, you are already doing a job. Please mention where are you working or in which field you are working. The whole thing depends on that.

If your job field is completely based on your B.tech course and you want to continue your job here, then do M.tech.

Or if your job is management based, where a degree in MBA will help you in your promotion, then do MBA.

Likewise, MS and PSU are also profitable, if it enhances your skill and talent in your job area.

So think which degree is gonna help you in your future, then decide and do it.

All the best
25th January 2012, 04:54 PM
jacobs
Senior Member++++

Dear friend,
You should go for MBA.
MBA is much more better than MS/M.Tech

But you must fulfill these criteria

Eligibility Criteria :

1.Academic Qualification :
The candidate should complete graduation with decent marks.

2.Age criteria :
There is no such criteria about The age of the candidate

You can go for these colleges :

ALLIANCE

IRM,manasarover

BIMTECH

Welingkars

amity

SCMS cochin

Sri shiengri

NIILM

IMS ramaiah,bangalore

EMPI

You can go for these jobs :

Company name :

1.ICICI Bank
2.Oil & Natural Gas Corporation
3.Reliance Industries Limited
4.Reliance Industries Limited
5.Big Bazar
6.Steel Authority of India Limited etc.

1.Investment Banking Associate
2.Financial Controller
3.Finance & Corporate Affairs
4.DGM - Forensic Audit
5.Regional Marketing Head
6.Brand Manager
7.Sales Planning
8.Corporate Sales
9.Product Manager
10.Sr Marketing Manager

For more you can see these attachments below :
25th January 2012, 05:32 PM
rkexam

Quote:
Originally Posted by nipun22 View Post
Hi, I am a btech pass out. Currently doing job . I want to go for higher studies or PSU. But i m nt able to understand whether i go 4 MBA /Ms/Mtech or PSU.Please clarify n help.
It's Only Depends on your Area of interest But As you Mentioned Above
in MBA/MS/M.Tech/PSU, M.Tech is Better Choise as you have already completed B.Tech.

About GATE

The GATE PAPER is of three hours duration.it contains 65 questions all of which are multiple choice types. The questions have four alternative options but only one of them is correct. The details of the questions are given below:

Question 1- Question 25: 1 mark. Negative marking: 1/3 mark.

Question 26- Question 55: 1 mark. Negative marking: 2/3 mark.

Question 48- question 51: common data questions. Negative marking: 2/3 mark.

Question pair 52 and 53 and question pair 54 and 55 are known as linked questions. The first answer is the basis of the second answer.

Eligibility For GATE:-

1. Graduated from any authorised college or University

Age Limit- No age limit

How to Apply:-

To apply for Gate simply Go to-

Gate.iitm.ac.in

With Regards
RK
25th January 2012, 11:22 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Should I go for MBA/MS/M.Tech after passing B.Tech?

Hi

If you are a B.Tech pass out, and presently doing job. You are in a way on the right track. This work would add to your experience, so you are not at loss.

Still further you should study and so this is also good that you have given it a thought.

I always suggest M.Tech and then MBA. But since you have already worked, so you need not do M.Tech now.

The best option for you would be MBA, or PSU's.

MBA stands for the Master's in Business Administration. It is one of the best courses in the market, provided done from a good and reputated college.

If you want to study MBA further, then you have to sit for the entrance exams like CAT, MAT, XAT, GRE, SNAP, etc...

Once you clear any one of these, then you can take admission in the desired college.

IIM's are considered as the best colleges in India for the MBA courses.

Coming to fetch your aim of working in the PSU's, I must inform you that from this year i.e 2012, most of the PSU's have decided and agreed on recruiting candidates through the GATE score.

GATE is the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. It is an exam which needs to be attempted and got a good score and rank by you to get a call from any of the top PSU's like NTPC, BHEL, NHPC, ONGC, ISRO, etc..

So now you may decide which way you want to go.

All the best
26th January 2012, 12:25 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
MBA/MS/M.tech all these courses are job prospective , you can go for any of them..

As you have done B.tech course then I will suggest you to go for M.tech course..

It will help you to gather more knowledge in your field, also you can get specialize in your field..

After completion of M.tech course you can apply for jobs in core sectors..
Where you can get a job of better salary and better designation..

So, go for it..

All the best...
26th January 2012, 10:05 AM
mani_baban

Hi

If you are a B.Tech pass out, and presently doing job. You are in a way on the right track. This work would add to your experience, so you are not at loss.

Still further you should study and so this is also good that you have given it a thought.

I always suggest M.Tech and then MBA. But since you have already worked, so you need not do M.Tech now.

The best option for you would be MBA, or PSU's.

MBA stands for the Master's in Business Administration. It is one of the best courses in the market, provided done from a good and reputated college.

If you want to study MBA further, then you have to sit for the entrance exams like CAT, MAT, XAT, GRE, SNAP, etc...

Once you clear any one of these, then you can take admission in the desired college.

IIM's are considered as the best colleges in India for the MBA courses.

Coming to fetch your aim of working in the PSU's, I must inform you that from this year i.e 2012, most of the PSU's have decided and agreed on recruiting candidates through the GATE score.

GATE is the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. It is an exam which needs to be attempted and got a good score and rank by you to get a call from any of the top PSU's like NTPC, BHEL, NHPC, ONGC, ISRO, etc..

So now you may decide which way you want to go.

All the best
29th February 2012, 02:09 PM
sujukisamurai
Senior Member+

it depends on that,

Once you clear any one of these, then you can take admission in the desired college.IIM's are considered as the best colleges in India for the MBA courses..If your job field is completely based on your B.tech course and you want to continue your job here, then do M.tech.if your job is management based, where a degree in MBA will help you in your promotion, then do MBA.Likewise, MS and PSU are also profitable, if it enhances your skill and talent in your job area.
25th December 2018, 08:56 PM
ARRin

Dear friend, the answer for this question purely depends on your interest. If you are interested in your core subjects in btech it will be better to take Mtech or if business and management is your area of interest then go for MBA. It is same for other courses also.Finally, the decision should be taken according to your interest.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?