23rd September 2017, 04:31 PM
Unregistered

Is diploma is considered as 10+2? Can I write NDA entrance exam for army wing?

I have I completed my diploma after 10th. Can I write NDA entrance exam for army wing? Can you please give me the details on this? It will be really helpful if you can get back to me soon on the same. Awaiting for the quick response.

24th September 2017, 09:27 AM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Is diploma is considered as 10+2? Can I write NDA entrance exam for army wing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have I completed my diploma after 10th. Can I write NDA entrance exam for army wing? Can you please give me the details on this? It will be really helpful if you can get back to me soon on the same. Awaiting for the quick response.

Sorry, to inform that after diploma course you are not eligible to apply for NDA (National Defnse Academy), because for NDA candidate who have done 10+2 in science stream from government recognized board in necessary.

As you are interested to join Indian defence services, then you can apply for defence services after completing your bachelor’s degree from government recognized institute.

After completing your bachelors degree you can apply for CDS (Combined Defence Services) which is conducted by UPSC twice in a year to recruit eligible candidate for Indian defence services in Indian air force, Indian navy, Indian army.

So according to my opinion first you have to complete your bachelors degree and then apply for defence services exam.

>> For more details please visit www.upsc.gov.in.
24th September 2017, 10:46 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is diploma is considered as 10+2? Can I write NDA entrance exam for army wing?

No, the Diploma course is not considered as 10+2. To be eligible to apply for NDA examination, you should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with PCM stream from a Government recognised board. You should be within 16.5 to 19.5 years of age. You should be an unmarried male candidate and should be physically as well as mentally healthy to be eligible to apply for NDA examination.
24th September 2017, 11:18 AM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Diploma is not considered as 10+2. For applying to NDA Exam, you must have passed or appearing in 10+2.

If you are having PCM stream, then you can apply for Air Force and Navy wing of NDA.

But if you have completed 10+2 from Arts or Commerce stream, then you can apply only for Army wing of NDA.

Some of the books that you may prefer for NDA Exam preparation are:

NDA & NA National Defence Academy and Naval Academy Entrance Examination: 10 Practice Sets (English) 1st Edition (Paperback)
Author: Expert Compilations
Released: 2012
Publisher: Arihant Publications(I) Pvt.Ltd - Meerut
Price: Rs.161

Mathematics for NDA and NA: National Defence Academy and Naval Academy (English) 1st Edition (Paperback)
Author: Aggarwal, R S|Author;
Released: 1990
Publisher: S.Chand Publishing
Price: Rs.450

NDA/ NA 10 years Topicwise Solved Papers (2006-2015) 3rd Edition (English) (Paperback)
Released: 2015
Publisher: Disha Publication
Price: Rs.405
24th September 2017, 01:33 PM
Abhijeet_2016
Senior Member+

>> Yes you can give NDA entrance exam as in notification it is clearly mention that candidate must be either 10+2 or diploma holder which is equivalent to inter.

>> Make sure that your age is between 17 years to 26 years.
24th September 2017, 05:19 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

NDA refers to National Defense Academy and to join the same one need to qualify NDA entrance examination held by UPSC twice every year.

As far as you are concerned about your eligibility for appearing in NDA entrance examination having pursued diploma after your Class 10th then I would like to let you know that you are not eligible for appearing in NDA entrance examination without having pursued Class 12th as for NDA entrance examination a regular higher secondary school degree i.e; Class 12th is compulsory.

For more FAQs and details regarding NDA entrance examination you can log on to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
24th September 2017, 05:20 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

NDA ( National Defence Academy ) and examination conducted by UPSC for recruitment in defence services.

The eligibility to appear in examination is candidate must have passed or pursuing in 12th from a recognised board.

The age limit to appear in examination is 16.5-19.5 years.

Only male candidates are eligible to appear in examination.

Army - 12th in any stream.

Air Force and Navy - 12th with PCM.

So, you cannot appear in examination after diploma. The examination is conducted in two stages :-

Written.

SSB.

For detail information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
24th September 2017, 07:51 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The full form of NDA is National Defence Academy.

NDA examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year.

The eligibility criteria for NDA exam:

1. You must have done 10+2 from a recognized board or appearing for board exam.

2. The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years.

Diploma candidates are not eligible for NDA entrance exam. Only those candidates who have done higher secondary can apply for this exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?