28th September 2017, 02:04 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for Indian Army after completion of diploma in mechanical and 24 years of age?

I'm 24, diploma in mechanical, am I eligible to the Indian army, and if so which posts I would be eligible? Can you please give me the details on the minimum criteria which is followed? It will be helpful if you can answer me back soon on the same. Please kindly reply.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I join Indian Army with arrears in Mechanical Diploma?
  2. Am I eligible for government job after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  3. Is it possible for me to get a job in Army or Air Force after completion of diploma in Electrical engineering?
  4. Can I apply for Indian Army Junior Assistant recruitment being a 26 years old Diploma Mechanical Engineer?
  5. Am I eligible to get a job in Indian Army after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  6. Am I eligible to apply for defense if I have completed diploma in mechanical engineering and 26 years old? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Am I eligible to apply for NDA entrance exam after completion of 12th standard?
  8. Am I eligible to apply for Government Bank exams after completing 12th+Diploma in Mechanical engineering from Indian Army?
  9. Am I eligible to apply for Indian Army after completion of B.Sc graduation?
  10. Procedure for joining army after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  11. What is the procedure followed to join Army after completion of Diploma course?
  12. What is the procedure followed to join the Indian Army?
  13. Eligibility to do B.E Mechanical after completion of diploma in Chemical engineering?
  14. Am I eligible to join in Indian Army after completion of diploma course?
  15. What should I do next after completion of diploma course after 12th?
  16. What should I do to join Indian Army? Can I apply for NDA after my diploma? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Procedure to apply for Army as female officer after completion of diploma in computer science? -- [New]
  18. Procedure followed to join Indian Army after completion of diploma?
29th September 2017, 09:03 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for Indian Army after completion of diploma in mechanical and 24 years of age?

There are two ways in which you can join Indian Army the first one is to complete 12 standard from science or commerce stream and after that you can appear in NDA exam that is conducted by UPSC. The second way is to complete graduation in any discipline from a recognised University and after that you can appear in CDS exam.
29th September 2017, 09:35 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for Indian Army after completion of diploma in mechanical and 24 years of age?

Yes at the age of 24 you can appear in the entrance exam to join Indian Army but let me tell you that graduation is important to appear in CDS exam. The students who have completed their 12th standard either in science or commerce stream are also eligible to join Indian Army through entrance NDA exam.
29th September 2017, 10:15 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm 24, diploma in mechanical, am I eligible to the Indian army, and if so which posts I would be eligible? Can you please give me the details on the minimum criteria which is followed? It will be helpful if you can answer me back soon on the same. Please kindly reply.

Yes, you are eligible to apply for Indian army after completing your diploma in mechanical engineering.

If you want to join Indian army after having diploma in mechanical engineering, then best procedure to apply for Indian army is through TES (Technical Entry Scheme). For TES entry scheme candidate who are in final year of their diploma course are also eligible to apply. Here below are details regarding eligibility required to apply for Indian army through TES:-

>> Candidate for TES must have done diploma from government recognized institute.

>> Age limit to apply for Indian army through TES is 18 to 24 years.

>> Only Indian citizens are allowed to apply for Indian army through TES.

>> Only male candidates are allowed to apply for TES.

>> For technical entry scheme applicant must be physically and mentally fit.

>> For more details please visit www.joinindian army.nic.
29th September 2017, 11:54 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

As far as my best knowledge is concerned, you are not eligible to join Indian Army with Diploma qualification. Basically there is a certain educational qualification required to be eligible.

>> In order to join Indian Army, one must have completed 12th Class or Graduation to be eligible.

>> As you are done with Diploma course, you cannot join Indian Army with this qualification.

>> You are required to appear in Combined Defence services recruitment examination in order to join Indian Army.

>> For this, the minimum required qualification is Graduation. So I suggest you to pursue Graduation after completion of Graduation in order to be eligible.
30th September 2017, 09:19 PM
sapphire1

As you are thinking about Indian Army that's a good choice. As you are 24 years old then you cannot apply for NDA exam that is conducted for the Indian army, Indian Navy, and Indian air force.

Eligibility for NDA:

The candidates should have 10th class from a recognized board.
The age should be between 16.5 to 18 years.

Eligibility for CDS:

The candidates should have graduation from a recognized university.
The age should be between 21 to 24 years.

So you are not eligible for Indian army. For this you need graduation.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?