7th October 2011, 12:29 AM

Will there be any Job Opportunities for me in Air Force?

my birth date is 11 sep. 1992, but i want to join air force. so any apportunities for me?

Related Questions:
  1. Information regarding the Entrance Exams and Job Opportunities for IT Graduates in Air Force?
  2. Will there be any Job Opportunities for me in Air Force?
  3. Procedure to join as Engineer in Indian Air Force? Job Opportunities in Indian Air Force? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Job Opportunities in Air Force after completion of B.Sc in Electronics & Computers? How to prepare for the required Exams?
  5. Job Opportunities for Engineering students in Indian Navy and Air Force? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Qualification required to get job in Air force? How can I get job in Indian Air Force after 10th?
  7. How to get a job in Air force after passing 12th with 62% in PCM
  8. How can I join Air Force being a candidate pursuing final year of B.Tech in Chemical Engineering?
  9. Information regarding Entrance Exams for Air Force?
  10. What kind of Job Opportunities I am going to have in Air Force being a candidate with an age of 22 years and completed BCA with 55%?
  11. What are the job opportunities in Air force? I am a commerce student and have passed with 75% marks
  12. What minimum qualification can get me an entry in Indian Air Force? -- [New]
  13. What are the job opportunities for Diploma in Medical Electronics students?
  14. What is the criteria of Air Force selection?
  15. Job Opportunities in Indian Air Force for women after completion of BE in IT?
  16. How should I join Air Force after BCA? Requirements to join Air Force?
  17. Opportunities in Air Force or Navy for post graduate in IT?
  18. Job Opportunities in Indian Navy, Army and Air Force after the completion of B.Sc in Computer Science with 55%?
7th October 2011, 09:08 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will there be any Job Opportunities for me in Air Force?

Definitely there are job opportunities in Air Force. But you did not provide your highest level of academic qualification. One can join Air Force through NDA Exam.

The minimum academic qualification with which you can appear for NDA Exam is by cracking 10+2.

In order to be eligible for NDA Exam, one should be in the age group of 16 1/2 years to 19 years.

Only unmarried male candidates are eligible to appear for NDA Exam.

You can also join into
-Navy wing
-Army wing
in addition to Air Force wing through NDA Exam.

To be eligible for Army wing, any stream in 12th class is enough. But to be eligible for Army and Air Force wings, you should have completed your 10+2 with Mathematics and Physics as the compulsory subjects.

If you fulfill this criteria, then only you can appear for NDA Exam.

Here is the official website of UPSC which conduct NDA Exam every year
http://www.upsc.gov.in/
7th October 2011, 10:13 AM
jevirsinh

Hello

You can apply for following entrance exams:

CDS which is conducted every year by upsc for entry to airforce,navy and army,details regarding examination will be released in employment news,or
visit upsc's official website
www.upsc.gov.in

UES : university entry scheme is a scheme for graduates to entry into defense,you have to pass entrance ans ssb interview and medical test for it.

there are several mode of entries to airforse as well defense like technical entry scheme etc,you can get all the
details from
http://www.indianairforce.nic.in

Good luck
7th October 2011, 01:11 PM
shrijan00

hy,
yes offcourse there are job opportunities in Air Force.you can join A ir force by giving NDA exam.

You can become General,Lieutenant General,Major general,Brigadier General,Colonel.
8th October 2011, 03:03 AM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Will there be any Job Opportunities for me in Air Force?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2157 View Post
my birth date is 11 sep. 1992, but i want to join air force. so any apportunities for me?

How to Join Indian Air Force

You can appear for the National Defense Academy (NDA) exam and then join the Air Force Wing

Eligibility Criteria for NDA :-

1) You should be a 12th pass-out with PCM as your subjects

2) You should be within the age limit of 16.5-19 years

Apart from these..you should have a perfect eyesight and should not be colorblind..

The minimum height acceptable is 157.5 cm

You have to first clear the written exam,then the interview and then the medical examination..

Since,you have turned 19 this year hence you are eligible for the NDA exams next year but that will be your last attempt..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
"Nitz"
8th October 2011, 09:21 PM
Unregistered

If it is better to join IAF after 12th through NDA 'OR' after post graduation in any engineering field? What' the Best?
3rd December 2011, 11:59 PM
Unregistered

Is there any job in Airforce, though I have completed 3years of licence based Aircraft Maintenance Engineering(AME) course, approve by "DGCA,MCA"?
4th December 2011, 01:38 PM
kavya_guddi

hello friend

Definitely there are job opportunities in Air Force. But you did not provide your highest level of academic qualification. One can join Air Force through NDA Exam.

The minimum academic qualification with which you can appear for NDA Exam is by completing your 12th with 60% marks.

In order to be eligible for NDA Exam, one should be in the age group of 16.5 years to 19 years.

Only unmarried male candidates are eligible to appear for NDA Exam.
26th December 2011, 04:44 PM
Unregistered

WILL THERE JOB IN AIR FORCE AFTER COMPLETING cs
15th March 2012, 02:35 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,.
Yes as per your age you are eligible to NDA.
But you are not specified your educational qualification, i'm providing you all the eligibility criteria below

Eligibility criteria:

>The candidate must be a citizen of INDIA.

>The candidate should complete his/her 12th standard from any recognised state board of india.

>The age limit is 16.5to 19years.
For more details please visit the website:

http://www.upsc.gov.in.

All the best.
8th April 2012, 09:06 PM
Dilbag86

Armed Forces offer excellent career opportunities to the adventurous young candidates. Its a career that offers immense facilities, a privileged lifestyle and of course, honour in serving the country. The major activity of the air force is that of flying combat air crafts and helicopters. Other activities include technical work such as aeronautical engineering, electronics, and computer engineering, as well as administrative, financial and planning duties.

One can join the Air Force either as an Officer or Airman. The officer cadre provides opportunities for men having 10+2 (Intermediate), graduate, engineering and postgraduate degrees, in their three different branches. Women who are graduates, engineers and post graduates can join as an Officer in the Air force. The officers will be posted either as a Pilot, or a Navigator, or a Technical or a Ground Duty officer in any one of the Air Force bases. Women have opportunities only in the Officer cadre of the Air force.

In the Airmen cadre, there are opportunities even for class tenth pass (Matriculate) and below candidates, 10+2 (Intermediate), Diploma, graduates, postgraduates etc in their technical and non-technical trade fields.
31st July 2012, 11:41 AM
EDEPHIC
Senior Member+

Eligibility Criteria for NDA :

1) You should be a 12th pass-out with PCM as your subjects

2) You should be within the age limit of 16.5-19 years

Apart from these..you should have a perfect eyesight and should not be colorblind..

The minimum height acceptable is 157.5 cm

You have to first clear the written exam,then the interview and then the medical examination..

Since,you have turned 19 this year hence you are eligible for the NDA exams next year but that will be your last attempt..
31st October 2012, 07:01 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2157 View Post

Hi....
Friend,

You want to join the Indian air force, for serving the nation, which is really appreciable.You have not provides your current academic status,. But If you are still a 12th degree holder, then you will not eligible for the NDA EXAM, As you are over-aged for the NDA examination.
. In order to join the Indian air force, you must have to clear the NDA examination,. NDA stands for the NATIONAL DEFENCE ACADEMY , which is conducted by the UPSC twice in a year.
UPSC stands for UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION .
The minimum educational requirement for appear in this examination is a 12th degree from a recognized board.
As you are a INDIAN AIR FORCE (IAF) aspirant, so you must have subjects PHYSICS & MATHEMATICS in 12th.
you must have atleast 60% in 12th.

Through this NDA examination, one can apply for the INDIAN AIR FORCE (IAF), NAVAL ACADEMY (NA) & INDIAN MILITARY ACADEMY (IMA).

Selection Procedure --

1. WRITTEN TEST
2. SSB
3. PHYSICAL TEST.

Exam pattern--

Educational requirements-

A candidate must have at least a 12th degree from a recognized board,.
If you are a IAF & NA aspirant, then you must have Physics & Maths in 12th with at least 60% (aggregate). Otherwise, you can apply for the IMA .

Age limit-

16.5-19 years, for all candidates..

Physical (EYE-SIGHT)--

You must have Indian nationality with marital status unmarried.

You must be a male candidate.

www.indianairforce.nic.in

Thank you!!!!
~gamble~
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?