16th June 2013, 12:38 PM
Meesala.N.S.Priyadarshini

How can I become an IAS officer? I am doing 4th year computer science engineering

i want to become an ias officer and presently i am doing my 4th year in computer science engineering.how can i accomplish this dream?

Related Questions:
9th February 2014, 12:36 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How can I become an IAS officer? I am doing 4th year computer science engineering

There are medical and physical standards to be met for joining the Indian Army. Candidate must have scored a minimum of 50% marks in the higher secondary examination and atleast, have 40% in Biology, Physics, Chemistry, English. During the time of admission, he should be 17 1/2 years and must not be over 23 years of age. After or during the +2 tenure, interested candidates need to write NDA Exam for the Army wing of National Defense Academy. Candidates willing to join Indian Army through NDA Exam do not need to have studied Mathematics in the higher secondary level. There will be a compulsory paper of Mathematics in the NDA Exam, conducted by Union Public Service Commission.
2nd March 2014, 08:28 AM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

Default Re: How can I become an IAS officer? I am doing 4th year computer science engineering

Nothing is impossible. Having decided to become IAS Officer and if you put your best efforts towards this goal, you can easily achieve it.

Here is the eligibility criteria to become IAS officer.

One should have completed Graduation with any of the stream from a recognized university.

Candidates who are pursuing final year of Graduation can also apply for this Exam but they should be able to show the proof of passing in Graduation when they appear for Interview.

The required age criteria will be as follows

The candidates of General category should be in the age group of 21-30 years.
Relaxation in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC category.
Relaxation in upper age limit upto 5 years for the candidates of SC or ST category.

The complete selection procedure would involve
CSAT Exam
Civil Services Main Exam
Interview

It will be the best time for you to start preparation for this exam as you are pursuing final year of your Engineering course.

Opt for the optional subjects like Mathematics and Physics and carry out your preparation for this Exam.

Wish you all the best.

For any other additional information, you can visit
http://upsc.gov.in/
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?