23rd December 2017, 08:17 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for NDA exam after 12th standard if I belong to Arts group?

Sir/Mam, I am a student of arts stream with subject Economics, Geography, Computer, English and Hindi. Can I apply for NDA exam after 12th standard? Can you please give me the details on this? It will be really helpful if you can get back to me soon. Thanks!

24th December 2017, 06:49 PM
NeptuneSpear

Default Re: Can I apply for NDA exam after 12th standard if I belong to Arts group?

You cannot apply for the NDA Examination as the minimum requirement for the examination is having Physics,Maths as compulsory subjects in higher secondary. Arts students can not apply for NDA Examination.
The only way you,being an arts student, can join defence forces is through CDS (Combined Defence Services) after completion of graduation.
24th December 2017, 06:58 PM
Bhaak Burbak
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can I apply for NDA exam after 12th standard if I belong to Arts group?

NDA is conducted by UPSC twice in a year. It is conducted for recruitment in defence service.

The examination is conducted in written and SSB stages. Yes, you are eligible to appear in examination.

Candidates passed 12th from a recognised board are eligible to appear in examination for recruitment in Indian Army.

The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years. Only male candidates can apply for examination.

The written paper contains questions of Mathematics and General Ability. To get more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
24th December 2017, 08:04 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Arts stream candidates can apply for National Defence Academy entrance examination. You will be only eligible for Indian Army only.

NDA examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission.

1. Even you are from Arts stream, you will have to pass Mathematics paper of NDA examination.

2. Age limit is 16.5-19.5 years for candidates belonging to unmarried male Indian citizens.

3. Female candidates can not apply for exam.

There is Service Selection Board for candidates who clear written test.
24th December 2017, 10:22 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The acronym NDA stands for National Defence Academy.

Examination conducting body: Union Public Service Commission.

Academic qualification: 10+2 passed or appearing. PCM subjects necessary for Navy and Air Force.

Age criteria: 16.5-19.5 years.

You can apply for NDA exam for Army if you belong to Arts group in 12th board.
24th December 2017, 11:03 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, arts stream candidates are eligible to appear in NDA examination but are only eligible for recruitment in Indian Army.

The eligibility to appear in examination which is conducted twice in a year is that :-

Candidate must have passed or pursuing in 12th from a recognised board.

Candidate's age must be between 16.5-19.5 years.

Only male candidates can apply.

For recruitment in Air Force and Navy 12th with PCM is required.

To get more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
24th December 2017, 11:17 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for NDA exam even if you are from Arts group of Class 12th.

The only disadvantage that you will have is that you can apply for only Army wing of NDA.

As you don't possess Physics and Mathematics in 12th, so you won't be able to apply for Air Force and Navy wing of NDA exam.

For applying to NDA Exam, you can apply online through UPSC Online website.

There will be three two stages to crack NDA Exam i.e.
  • Written Exam
  • SSB Interview
25th December 2017, 11:02 AM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

YES, You can apply for the NDA exam.

In the NDA exams are held for:
AIRFORCE
ARMY
NAVY

Since you are studying arts in class 12th, you would only be eligible to apply for the army wing and not the other two wings.

Eligibilty to apply for NDA is:
Only unmarried male candidates can apply for NDA exams. Female candidates cannot apply
Education- For army wing 12th pass in any stream
For Airforce and Navy wing- 12th pass with physics and mathematics

Age-The age range for NDA 1 examin 2018 is from 2nd July 1999 to 2nd July 2002
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?