30th May 2017, 11:01 PM
Unregistered

Direct admission in IISER without aptitude test is possible?

I have secured 95.83% in +2, this year 2017. I want to join iiser. I heard about the direct admission without any aptitude test. Is it possible? Am i eligible for the direct admission?

31st May 2017, 09:22 AM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Direct admission in IISER without aptitude test is possible?

No, you cannot get a direct admission in IISER but you can get admission without aptitude test. The full details are mentioned below.
In IISER (Indian Institute of Science Education and Research) there are 3 ways to get admission they are:
1. Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) Exam
2. JEE Exam
3. IISER Aptitude test
The 50% seats are allotted to the KVPY exam and JEE exam candidates and remaining 50% seats are allotted to the state and central board students based on their IISER aptitude test merit list.
The eligibility to get admission in this categories are mentioned below.

1. KVPY Exam:
- The candidate should have 80% in their maths and science subjects in 10th class and 10% relaxation for SC/ ST/ PwD.
- The candidate should have 60% in maths and science in their 12th class and 10% relaxation for SC/ ST/ PwD.

2. JEE Advance exam:
- The candidate should have 75% in their 12th class.
- The candidate should clear JEE advance exam and possess a rank in the rank list.

3. IISER Aptitude test:
- The Aptitude test includes Physics, Chemistry, Maths and Biology. There are 60 questions (15 for each subject) and 180 marks. The duration of the exam is 3 hours. +3 marks for each right answer and -1 for each wrong answer. The cut off marks varies based on the state and central boards. Based on the merit list, student preferences the admissions are given into IISER.
10th April 2018, 01:44 AM
Unregistered

1. Can i apply through both KVPY and SCB for iiser ?
2. If I pass the KVPY test then again I have to give the aptitude test, or i get direct admission through KVPY test ?
5th May 2019, 09:49 PM
Unregistered

What will be the final cut off for scb stream appearing students? how much we should score in that test?
7th May 2019, 08:49 AM
kidzeee
Senior Member+

No......It is compalsory to give aptitude test.

IISER Aptitude test:

- The Aptitude test includes Physics, Chemistry, Maths and Biology. There are 60 questions (15 for each subject) and 180 marks. The duration of the exam is 3 hours. +3 marks for each right answer and -1 for each wrong answer. The cut off marks varies based on the state and central boards. Based on the merit list, student preferences the admissions are given into IISER.
28th May 2019, 02:33 PM
Unregistered

Sir my board cutoff is lacking by 2% , if I will able to qualify scb , any chance is there to get selected?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?