23rd April 2016, 01:56 AM
Unregistered

Admission to IISER is based on what? Are non biology students allowed for admission?

Is admission to iiser based on the preference that we fill in the application form? I am not a bio student and i prefer physics at iiser. So will my bio marks in the iiser entrance test be considered for getting admission there?

28th September 2017, 08:40 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Admission to IISER is based on what? Are non biology students allowed for admission?

IISER refers to Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research and admission in the same is done through the three channels mentioned below :-

a) Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) channel.

b) Joint Entrance Examination of Indian Institutes of Technology (JEE) channel.

c) State and Central Boards Channel (SCB) channel.

For admission through KVYP or JEE channel you need to qualify these examinations where as for applying for admission through SCB channel you need to secure minimum cutoff marks as set by the IISER for your concerned board of education.

Now further for appearing in JEE or KVPY or for calculation of minimum cutoff you need to have completed your Class 12th with Science stream with Mathematics from a recognized board.

So as far as you are concerned about the consideration of marks in biology for IISER admission then as per my knowledge it is not considered unless it is your main subject its marks is not considered for appearing in any examination. But you must have completed your Class 12th with science with Mathematics group.

For more details about IISER admission you can refer to the link www.www.iiseradmission.in .
13th January 2019, 03:52 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Admission to IISER is based on what? Are non biology students allowed for admission?

What are the specific qualifications after 12th for a biomaths student for joining iiser at thiruvananthapuram
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?