11th October 2017, 10:06 PM
Sobeesh123456

Do I have the qualification to learn mechanical engineering after completion of 12th with humanities?

Sir/Mam, I am passed plus two humanities. Do I have the qualifications to learn mechanical engineering? Can you please guide me with the right details on the same? It will be really helpful if you can answer me on this. Awaiting for your response. Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. Is this necessary to learn German language being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of Mechanical Engineering as Mechanical is good in German?
  2. Good engineering jobs after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  3. How to join Aeronautical engineering after completing 12th in Humanities
  4. Possibility to join Indian Navy for 12th Humanities student?
  5. What is the qualification required to apply for Indian Navy after completion of diploma and B.E in Mechanical engineering?
  6. Am I eligible for government job after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  7. Am I eligible to attempt IAS exam after completion of 12th with humanities stream?
  8. What are the career opportunities after completion of 12th in Humanities?
  9. Possibility to join Indian Navy for 12th Humanities passed candidate?
  10. Am I eligible to join M.Tech directly after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  11. Is arts with humanities stream good for my career?
  12. Am I eligible to join Diploma in Mechanical Engineering after completion of 10th Class? How much salary offered for the candidate after completion of this course? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Can I do ITI course after completion of B.Tech Mechanical Engineering?
  14. Which branch of engineering to select after completion of 12th standard?
  15. What all are the different branches available in Polytechnic courses? -- [New]
  16. Which branch I can choose to do degree after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  17. Should i continue my school or start learning how to fix vehicles?
  18. Is NDA entrance exam hard to crack? What is the procedure to crack the exam?
13th October 2017, 05:58 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Do I have the qualification to learn mechanical engineering after completion of 12th with humanities?

The academic qualification required to pursue engineering course is that candidate must have studied PCM subjects in 10+2. Without studying Mathematics, Physics, you can apply for any engineering entrance exam or even can not get admission through direct admission under management quota.

Humanities stream candidates are not eligible for engineering entrance exams and hence can not pursue mechanical engineering.
13th October 2017, 07:40 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Do I have the qualification to learn mechanical engineering after completion of 12th with humanities?

Having completed your Class 12th with Humanities stream you are not eligible for pursuing (i.e; to learn) mechanical engineering degree course as for the same the minimum educational qualification required is a higher secondary school degree in Science stream with PCM group from a recognized board. Students having equivalent degree are also eligible.

So if you are really interested in pursuing degree course in mechanical engineering then you need to first complete your Class 12th with PCM group and then have to qualify various engineering entrance examinations like JEE, State EEE/CET, COMED-K, etc. for admission in good engineering colleges.
13th October 2017, 09:39 PM
Abhijeet_2016
Senior Member+

You can do mechanical engineering only if you have qualified 10+2 in maths and science stream with at least 50 % marks.
Humanities and commerce student can not apply for mechanical engineering process.
13th October 2017, 10:54 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The qualification required for mechanical Engineering:

Academic qualification:

Only science stream candidates with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as mandatory subject in 10+2 can apply for this course.

Humanities stream candidates are not eligible for engineering course.
14th October 2017, 12:54 AM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

For any technical course for that matter Engineering, you have to have 12th with Mathematics and Physics as the mandatory subjects.

So, I am sorry to say but with humanities in 12th, you cannot learn Engineering.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?