3rd May 2011, 07:18 PM
sidkun

Do I have to write SAT test to get into IIT if I am from Oman? Is 60% above in 12th and writing entrance exam enough?

HI I m doing my 11th from oman..... Itz CBSE .....Do I have to write the SAT test for getting into IIT , or getting 60% above in 12th and then writing the IIT entrance is enough..
plz reply
THANK YOU

9th July 2011, 12:46 AM
vishal jaybhaye
Senior Member+

Default Re: Do I have to write SAT test to get into IIT if I am from Oman? Is 60% above in 12th and writing entrance exam enough?

dear friend ,

you have to write the SAT exam to get admission into the iit's or nit's

you can get admission in the nit's through the DASA quota
dasa means the direct admission to students abroad.
to get admission under the dasa category you must be outside indian student for at least 5 years.

to know more about the admission procedure in iit's kindly visit the website www.iitjee.org

thanks and best luck
22nd September 2011, 11:12 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Do I have to write SAT test to get into IIT if I am from Oman? Is 60% above in 12th and writing entrance exam enough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidkun View Post
HI I m doing my 11th from oman..... Itz CBSE .....Do I have to write the SAT test for getting into IIT , or getting 60% above in 12th and then writing the IIT entrance is enough..
plz reply
THANK YOU
NITs accept Indian origin students studying abroad based on SAT -II & 60 % mark in CBSE. For IIT JEE test is required
15th February 2012, 05:15 PM
Unregistered

Do IIT have their DASA quotas now? By scoring well in sat 2 will that help in getting admitted to iit
28th March 2012, 12:40 AM
Unregistered

I am a 12th std. Student, I would to like write sat exam. Give the details regarding the coaching centre, fees, exam date etc. Raghu, Muscat
25th May 2012, 05:02 PM
Unregistered

I am studying in Kuwait - now in 12th CBSE syllabus. If I opt for NRI quota - is it necessary that I should write SAT II exam or I can directly apply for NRI Quota with only the Plus 2 marks ? I am planning to take admission for in any of the NITs for Architecture or any one of the other Engineering Degrees. Please advise how to proceed
16th March 2013, 01:45 AM
nsm123

Is it necessary to write JEE Mains and SAT to get admissions in NIT (from 2013)
Im currently in Grade 12 CBSE.

PLEASE DO REPLY.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?