1st May 2018, 07:51 AM
Unregistered

Electrical or ECE, which is better to study in BTech?

Hello everyone, I am interested to study BTech in Electrical Engineering. But my elder brother is telling me to choose Electronics & Communication Engineering. I want to know which one is better to study? Please advise me!

26th May 2018, 02:17 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Electrical or ECE, which is better to study in BTech?

Actually, there is no such stream which does not offer good career as well as job opportunities in B.Tech. Hence, each stream has its own scope as far as career growth is concerned.

Although there are several streams available, below mentioned disciplines are the best and top disciplines that are chosen by most of the candidates. They are,

> Electronics and Communication Engineering
> Electrical Engineering
> Mechanical Engineering
> Computer Science Engineering
> Information Technology
> Civil Engineering ..etc.,

As far as my best knowledge is concerned, Electronics and Communication Engineering stream is the best one over Electrical Engineering. You may find employment opportunities in Private sector, MNC sector, government sector after ECE. But if you are really interested to pursue electrical Engineering then it is your choice to choose between these two as each stream has it's own scope.
27th May 2018, 11:51 AM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Electrical or ECE, which is better to study in BTech?

Both the streams Electrical Engineering and Electronics and Communication Engineering are good enough to pursue engineering course.

However, now a days, ECE graduates are often in demand because of boost in Telecom sector.

Telecom companies prefer ECE graduates over Electrical graduates because of their wide and specific knowledge towards Telecom industry.

So, if you wish to join Telecom industry or any network devices manufacturing company, then you must pursue ECE in B.Tech.

Otherwise, Electrical is also not a bad option. It is an evergreen branch and you will get jobs in these stream also.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?