15th July 2011, 08:25 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility criteria for B.Tech admission?

...Could u please tell me the complete Eligibility for B. tech admission...

16th July 2011, 08:43 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Eligibility criteria for B.Tech admission?

sir my over all 63% marks in inter. but 48% marks in P C M can i get admission in b. tec.
17th July 2011, 01:45 AM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Friend,

B.Tech is a four years Engineering course.One can apply for the B.Tech once he has passed 10+2 examinations with minimum 50% of marks and with the subject combination Physics,Chemistry,Mathematics as the main subjects from a recognized Institution.

Admission to the various B.Tech colleges are taken through various types of Entrance examinations like IITJEE,AIEEE and the state level JEE examination etc.To take admission in B.Tech colleges you have to crack these examinations with good Ranking and you have to sit for the counselling for the B.Tech colleges.

Best Wishes.............
17th July 2011, 11:47 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
B.Tech Eligiblity Criteria -

Firstly I have to inform you that the B.Tech is 4 year Under Graduate degree Course and to get admission in this course you have to scored minimum 50% marks in the aggregate of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics In your 12Th Examination.

The Admission in B.Tech course are based on Entrance examination Like AIEEE. The AIEEE Examination was held every year and if you have scored good Rank in this examination then you will get admission in top Colleges like IIT's and NIT's. And You have get Only 3 Chance to apply for AIEEE Examination.

The eligible Candidates may apply for This examination Online By visit the AIEEE official website.

So, If you have passed your 12Th examination with minimum 50% Marks Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics Subject then you are eligible to apply for Entrance examination to get admission in B.tech Course.

The Admission are also based on IIT JEE entrance examination and to apply for IIT JEE examination you must have scored minimum 60% marks in your 12Th with PCM Subjects. So, If you have fulfill the given eligibility criteria the you are eligible to apply for these entrance examinations to get admission in B.Tech Course. And for more details please check the AIEEE and IIT JEE official website.
18th July 2011, 12:10 AM
rana2011
Banned

Eligiblity for B.TECH Criteria:-

Dear friend,

*As first you have to passed your 12th examination with minimum 50% Marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics Subject afterthat you will eligible to apply for Entrance examination to get admission in B.tech Course.

*If you intarested in IIT JEE examination you must have scored minimum 60% marks in your 12Th with P,C,M Subjects.

*For more details please check the AIEEE and IIT JEE official website or google serch.

BEST OF LUCK!
18th July 2011, 12:23 AM
nambardar
Senior Member+

Eligibility Criteria - B. Tech

For Delhi and outside Delhi Region (except the nominees of Govt. of India) the candidate should
have appeared in AIEEE-2011and have been declared eligible for Central Counselling by the
CBSE.

Educational Qualifications:

A candidate passing any of the following examinations from a recognized
School/College/Institute located within the National Capital Territory of Delhi only and securing
60 % or more marks in the aggregate of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics, shall be eligible.

Senior School Certificate Examination (12-year course) of the Central Board of
Secondary Education (C.B.S.E.), New Delhi.

AGE REQUIREMENTS

Applicant must be 17 years of age and maximum 25 years.
gd luck
18th July 2011, 12:32 AM
mukul0094
Banned

Quote:
Eligibility Criteria for B.Tech course.

B.Tech is the undergraduate level course. It is duration of 4 years. For admission in the B.Tech course you need to appear in the entrance examination. Toe appear in the entrance examination you need the minimum 50% marks in the 12th class. Many entrance exam takes 60% marks in the 12th class.

Some popular engineering entrance examination is IIT JEE, AIEEE, VITEEE,WBJEE, ORJEE, KIITEE, SRMEEE, COMEDK, MH-CET...and many other. If you have pass 12th class then you can appear in these entrance examination.

IIT JEE is the most famous entrance examination. To appear in the IIT JEE you need the 60% marks in the 12th class. Every year a large number of candidates appear in the IIT JEE entrance examination to test their fate but seat is limited so competition become really hard.

AIEEE entrance examination is conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). To appear in this examination you need 50% marks in the 12th class. For more information about AIEEE examination please see the official website of AIEEE :- http://www.aieee.nic.in

Regards
~Mukul~
18th July 2011, 10:39 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
The eligibility criteria for B.tech admission-
--> As per the new rules of AICTE , one must have to secure 45% marks in 12th with Physics, Maths, Chemistry..

-->One have to appear in Entrance exams like IIT-JEE, AIEEE, WB-JEE..
After clearing the exam one have to go through the counseling to take admission in B.tech...

So, if you really want to take admission in B.tech then try to crack these entrance exams..

All the best..
18th July 2011, 12:16 PM
Tushar93

Quote:
Friend,

There are various exams conducted in India such as AIEEE, IIT, IPUCET, and other state joint entrance exams like Orissa JEE, Karnataka JEE etc. for admissions to B.Tech. programme in universities across the country.
For this, the basic eligibility is as follows......

1. Age- 17 to 21 yrs
2. Educational Qualification- 12th class pass with minimum 55% marks in Physics,Chemistry and Maths. Relaxable upto 5% for reserved categories.

In all india exams such as AIEEE, IIT-JEE, eligibilty is also determined on the basis of no. of previous attempts for the the same entrance exam.
In AIEEE and IIT the total no. of successive attempts that are given to a candidate in 3. That is a candidate can not appear in AIEEE or IIT if he/she has appeared three times before in previous years.
18th July 2011, 01:30 PM
aroy8091

Firstly i want to inform you that B.tech is a 4years graduation course & for addmission you have to score minimum 50% in physics , chemistry , mathematics in 12th std.
There are many exam for b.tech like AIEEE , IITJEE & STATE JOINT ENTRANCE EXAM through which you are addmited to different colleges of india according to their rank
18th July 2011, 01:57 PM
aroy8091

Firstly i want to inform you that B.tech is a 4years graduation course & for addmission you have to score minimum 50% in physics , chemistry , mathematics in 12th std.
There are many exam for b.tech like AIEEE , IITJEE & STATE JOINT ENTRANCE EXAM through which you are addmited to different colleges of india according to their rank
18th July 2011, 01:58 PM
united india

The basics eligibility is you must be 10+2 passed from a recognized board by the state or central government. However, there are some changes in subjects criteria. Different areas of B.Tech demands some specific combination of subjects. For example:-

B.Tech.(Computer Science & Engineering)
Physics, Maths & One Subject out of Chemistry/Biotechnology/Computer Science with minimum 45% marks in aggregate.

B.Tech.(Electronics & Communication Engineering)
Physics, Maths & One Subject out of Chemistry/Biotechnology/Computer Science with minimum 45% marks in aggregate.

B.Tech.(Mechanical Engineering)

B.Tech.(Biotechnology)
Physics, Chemistry & One Subject out of Math/Biology/Biotechnology with minimum 45% marks in aggregate

B.Tech.(Lateral Entry) for Diploma Holders
3 Years Diploma in any Branch of Engineering with minimum 60% marks in aggregate.

Apart from these universities/colleges also demands for a valid score in various state/central level engineering entrance exams like AIEEE, WBJEE, CET etc.
18th July 2011, 02:28 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
b.tech is a under graduate course .
in different stream for which you have to complete you +2 in science background
in pcm .
after that you have to apply for entrance in IIT, AIEEE, state jee exam.
according to your rank you will get admission in colleges .

good luck..............
18th July 2011, 03:55 PM
kumar96
Senior Member+

Hi,

B.Tech course is of 4 year course.you can take admission in B.Tech college by various exam.

For admission in B.Tech through RPET you have to passed 12th with 45% in PCM.if you have passed 12th with 45% in PCE then you are eligible for this exam.

For B.Tech admission you have to pass 12th with PCM.

If you want admission in IIT college for B.Tech then you have to pass 12th with 60% in PCM.

For admission in IIT college you have to pass entrance exam of IIT-JEE which is conducted every year by IIT college.admission is bassed on the marks obtained in the entrance exam.for IIT college you have only two chance.

You can also take admission in B.Tech college by AIEEE.for this you have to write for AIEEE entrance exam.
18th July 2011, 07:24 PM
gaurav4chs

it depends on college
iits require 60% in 12th
bits pilani - 80%
nits-50%
vit-50%

normally if u want 2 get in premium institutes u should get 60%
and ur max age should be 21 years as far as iits and nits are conssidered
19th July 2011, 12:17 AM
sachin6

The minimum qualification for btech admission is you have to pass 12th or intermediate course with above 65%marks. Then apply good college and get a seat.
19th July 2011, 07:57 AM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

Cool Re: Eligibility criteria for B.Tech admission?

Dear friend,

To take admission in B.Tech the eligibility criteria is 10 + 2 Passed/ appearing in 10+2 with PCM.

With above mentioned qualifacation he is eligible to appear in IIT/AIEEE/State level entrance exam. Those who crack these exams they are called for admission.

In case a student has not appeared in any entrance exam then by approaching to the colleges directly, they can get admission on management/NRI seats.

All the best................
30th July 2011, 10:54 PM
saasmari
Senior Member++

hi,
for getting into B.Tech you need to have the following qualification.
1. you must have completed your 12th with subjects maths,physics,chemistry
2. degree holders are also eligible
31st July 2011, 01:18 AM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

The basic eligibility criteria for B.tech are:

1. Only students from the science stream at +2 level (XI and XII) are eligible for the Bachelor of Engineering course.
Marks in 12th is not a factor.

2. Age Limit is 17.

Students are admitted on the basis of std XII marks or on the basis of entrance exams like AIEEE, IIT JEE and state exams like WBJEE etc.....

Some B.tech specialization courses are:

Civil Engineering.
Electrical Engineering.
Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
Mechanical Engineering
Computer Science Engineering.
Aeronautical Engineering.
And many many more....
1st August 2011, 12:57 AM
arvind_singh
Banned

Btech is a 4 year engineering degree course for those students who wants to become engineer.There are various examination in the state level and the national level to select students for the best colleges in the nation and the states government colleges.These examination have certain criteria if you fulfill it then you are eligible to do Btech course .

Different entrance exam for Btech courses are AIEEE,IIT JEE ,BITS and many other state entrance exam.Through IITJEE you get the admission in the IIT's which are among the best colleges in the nation .Its a dream of every students to study in one of the IIT's.

Eligibility for IIT JEE

You must have passed class12th with maths and physics as a compulsory subjects with total aggregate of 60%.
You can take this exam only two consecutive times.

AIEEE exam is to get admission in the NIT's and other good colleges .Its eligibility criteria is different from that of IIT's.

Eligibility for AIEEE.

You must have passed class 12th with physics ,maths as a compulsory subjects.
You can take this exam maximum 3 times and that too consecutively .

There are various branches in the engineerng you can opt for any one .But i would like to suggest you some.Its better id you take admission into these branches .

Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
Mechanical Engineering
Computer Science Engineering.
Information technology .
Civil Engineering.
Electrical Engineering.
1st August 2011, 11:34 PM
Unregistered

sir my rank is 37929 in (gen) .can iget the admission in b.tech or not
4th October 2011, 11:45 PM
convertor

Hello friend, B.tech stands for bachelor of technology. It is a good scope course. Eligibility of b.tech:- educational qualification is 12th with physics, chemistry and maths with 60%marks or diploma students with 60% marks. You can get seat through management quota and aieee entrance exam. Prepare well.all the best
5th December 2011, 11:01 AM
Unregistered

sir i have passed vocational (10 2) level Electrical trade. May i sited in B.Tech?
22nd December 2011, 10:20 PM
Unregistered

Sir,my pcm % in 2 is 49 with grace,am i eligible for aieee and uptu?
21st January 2012, 07:13 PM
Unregistered

hi i'm a matriculation student want 2 know that can i do polytechnic after matric 7 does it a good or shall i go 4 my inter? tell me also about ... polytechnic what kind of course it is ,its diploma or something else ?
22nd February 2012, 01:43 PM
Unregistered

sir ,I have passed from vocational course (10 2) level....may I eligibil for B.Tech.
23rd February 2012, 02:57 AM
er.skp.me

Thumbs up Re: Eligibility criteria for B.Tech admission?

Quote:
Dear friend it varies from from college to college
but on an average 50% is minimum
to get admission in IIT's you have to clear IIT-JEE with good ranking

to get admission in NIT's you have to clear AIEEE with good ranking

to get admission in top state colleges you have to clear respective state CET with good ranking

BEST OF LUCK
29th April 2012, 11:50 AM
Unregistered

Sir i m 12th class student now waiting for results. I have Commerce and Electronics(as additional subject T.V. , Radio) can i take admission for B.Tech.?
4th May 2012, 10:39 AM
Unregistered

respected sir i have study in singhania university rajasthan in course polytechnic 2 year course can i eligible for admisson in btech lateral entry?
28th May 2012, 06:07 PM
Unregistered

sir, i have secured 64% in my 12th class examination and 54% in pcm ,,,,,
please tell me can i take admission in b.tech in a good government college

please tell me soon ,i m very much worried
31st May 2012, 12:34 AM
Unregistered

I have scored 49.3 percent in 2 in pcm could i get admission in b.tech as i am a S.C candidate
5th June 2012, 04:59 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

For B.Tech admission in any college, a student must have passed 10+2 with PCM (Physics, Chemistry and Maths).
12th June 2012, 07:32 PM
Unregistered

i got 50percent in pcm but in math i got only 39 marks can i am eligble for taking admisson in b.tech plz... Me fastly
15th June 2012, 06:40 PM
tl.com

hi dear,
B.Tech Eligiblity Criteria -
Firstly I have to inform you that the B.Tech is 4 year Under Graduate degree Course and to get admission in this course you have to scored minimum 50% marks in the aggregate of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics In your 12Th Examination.

The Admission in B.Tech course are based on Entrance examination Like AIEEE. The AIEEE Examination was held every year and if you have scored good Rank in this examination then you will get admission in top Colleges like IIT's and NIT's. And You have get Only 3 Chance to apply for AIEEE Examination.

The eligible Candidates may apply for This examination Online By visit the AIEEE official website.

So, If you have passed your 12Th examination with minimum 50% Marks Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics Subject then you are eligible to apply for Entrance examination to get admission in B.tech Course.

The Admission are also based on IIT JEE entrance examination and to apply for IIT JEE examination you must have scored minimum 60% marks in your 12Th with PCM Subjects. So, If you have fulfill the given eligibility criteria the you are eligible to apply for these entrance examinations to get admission in B.Tech Course. And for more details please check the AIEEE and IIT JEE official website.
thank you
16th June 2012, 04:51 PM
Audi A4

Hi,
If you want to take admission in B.Tech ten you shoul score atleast 50% marks in 12th and atleast 60% marks in Physics, chemistry and Maths.

With this percentage you will be eligible to give Competative Exams like for IIT,AIEEE,RPET,UPTET,BITS(Pilani),VIT(Tamil Nadu),etc.

NOTE:In BITS(Pilani) eligibility is to score minimum 80% in PCM.
16th June 2012, 07:05 PM
Unregistered

I passed 12th class exam can I get admission in b tech
26th June 2012, 04:25 PM
Unregistered

I failed in maths in 11th exam.but i get 72% in PCM in 12th exam. can i get admit in b.tech
24th August 2012, 02:47 PM
Unregistered

i have passed my 12th exam in arts subject...can i get admission in b.tech
15th November 2012, 09:13 AM
Ashwini.k.n

Hello,

Eligibility criteria for B.tech:

-Only students from the science stream at +2 level (XI and XII) are eligible for the Bachelor of Engineering course.*
-Age Limit is 17.

Students are admitted on the basis of std XII marks or on the basis of entrance exams like AIEEE, IIT JEE and state exams like WBJEE

B.tech specialization courses are:

-Civil Engineering.
-Electrical Engineering.
-Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
-Mechanical Engineering
-Computer Science Engineering.
-Aeronautical Engineering.

all the best.
15th November 2012, 07:18 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
HI!
For admission in B.Tech you have to qualify the entrance exam like:-
> A.I.E.E.E
> I.I.T-J.E.E
> I.P-C.E.T

ELIGIBILITY FOR B.TECH:-
> Pass 12th with physic and maths with minimum 50% marks from recognized board. For I.I.T minimum 60% marks is require.
5% Relaxation is given to ST/SC candidate.

> Age should be above 17 year.
5th December 2012, 12:35 PM
Unregistered

I am in 12th -Commerce/Math, can I take addmission for B.Tch
6th December 2012, 07:34 PM
Unregistered

After 10th pass I have completed my diploma in civil engineering could I admit in 4year B.tech.
14th December 2012, 01:43 PM
Unregistered

if someone unable to crack iit aieee etc ,enterance exams ???then??
18th December 2012, 11:15 PM
Unregistered

sir, without giving entrance exam can i get admission in b.tech.
5th January 2013, 09:55 PM
Unregistered

Sir what is the age limit for a sc candidate to get admission in b tech in i p collage.?
5th January 2013, 11:08 PM
Prerna.roy1
Junior Member+

Quote:
for B.Tech admission u should be passed in 12th/10+2 (state board/CBSE) from science stream......... if u r going to take admission in deemed university then most of them don't require percentage in 12th level .......

if u have diploma degree then u can get admission in 2nd year directly...

For admission in NITs, IIITs, and other colleges under CCB JEE Main 2013 Eligibility Criteria is as follows:

The B.E. / B. Tech. candidates must have passé the QE with the subject combination of Physics, Mathematics and one of Chemistry / Bio – Technology / Computer Science / Biology.
The minimum aggregate should be 50%.
The B. Arch candidates must have studied Mathematics compulsorily and obtained a minimum aggregate of 50%.
6th January 2013, 12:25 AM
artigoyal52

hi dear,
There are many entrace exam for give admission in engineering conducted by different differebt universities.
Each university have different requirment.
There are some most popular entrance exam are:
IIT-JEE
AIEEE
RMCAT
NITS
VIT
BITS PILANI

But most require that minimum percentage are 55% in 12th class.
5% relaxation is provided for SC/ST.
Age should be above 17 years.
6th January 2013, 01:00 AM
JSD.

It is good to see you that you are interested in the engineering course. scoring minimum 60% marks or more then this on your +2 aggregate is good for the engineering course.Except the IIT-JEE all other requires minimum 50% marks on your aggregate.

Dear aspirant here the aggregate means the marks which you have opted in your PCM.i.e. you have to score minimum 50% marks on your PCM aggregate, to be appear in the entrance examination as well as getting the admission in good and reputed institute of engineering.

only the reserved candidate gets the relaxation by 5%, SO if you are from the reserved category then only you can get the relaxation by 5% then you can be eligible for this course.

If you have any more query or you want the information regarding any entrance test then you can visit on the official website of entrance examinations like, IIT-JEE, aieee/VITEEE etc.

!!! Good Luck !!!
6th January 2013, 01:33 AM
ipkay93

Quote:
Sir what is the age limit for a sc candidate to get admission in b tech in i p collage.?
Hello dear aspirant as you want to join colleges under IPU so the basic eligibility conditions to join these colleges is:

Pass in 12th Class of 10+2 pattern of CBSE or equivalent with a minimum aggregate of 55% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics provided the candidate has passed in each subject separately. Candidate must additionally have passed English as a subject of study in the qualifying examination.

AGE LIMIT: The age of the candidate for applying for B.Tech program should be below 21 years

After you have attained these eligibility conditions you need to appear for an written examination i.e IPU-CET

The forms for the IPU-CET can be found at the selected Indian Bank Branches across the country
The fees for the IPU-CET form is Rs 1000/- ( For General)

The List of colleges under IPU-CET are

University School of Chemical Technology

University School of Information Technology

Indira Gandhi Institute of Technology

Ambedkar Institute of Technology

G.B Pant Govt Engineering College

Government Engineering College

Delhi Institute of Tool Engineering

National Power Training Institute

Ansal Institute of Technology

Amity School of Engg. & Technology

Bhagwan Parshuram Institute of Technology

Bharati Vidyapeeth’s College of Engineering

Guru Premsukh Memorial College of Engineering

Guru Tegh Bahadur Institute of Technology

HMR Institute of Technology and Management

Maharaja Agrasen Institute of Technology

Maharaja Surajmal Institute of Technology

Northern India Engineering College

Regards,
Pkay.
6th January 2013, 02:16 AM
end of query
Senior Member+

If you want to pursue b.tech, then you should follow the certain eligibility criteria-
You should be a science stream student with subjects physics chemistry and mathematics.
You should have attained at least a 50% of marks in aggregate in class 12th.

The eligibility criteria for IIT is 60%
And that of BITS pilani is 80%
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?