26th July 2018, 07:42 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility to get BEd admission in IGNOU for distance BSc(Physics) graduate of Periyar University?

Hello everyone, I have done my BSc with Physics Honours from distance education in Periyar University. I want to do BEd from IGNOU now. I just want to know about my eligibility to do BEd program from IGNOU.

29th July 2018, 10:25 AM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: Eligibility to get BEd admission in IGNOU for distance BSc(Physics) graduate of Periyar University?

The acronym B.Ed stands for Bachelor of Education. The qualification required for B.Ed course is given as below:

Academic qualification: Graduation in any discipline from a recognized university.

Minimum of 50% marks in bachelor's degree is required.

You can apply for B.Ed course if you have minimum of 50% marks in Bachelor's degree.
30th July 2018, 09:45 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Eligibility to get BEd admission in IGNOU for distance BSc(Physics) graduate of Periyar University?

B.Ed stands for Bachelor of Education and it is a professional bachelor degree course required by those whose are looking to make their career as a professional teacher.

The minimum education required for pursuing B.Ed from IGNOU (Indira Gandhi National Open University )is a bachelor degree in any discipline with at least 50% marks (or 55% marks in case of B.Tech degree) holder from a recognized board of education. Marks relaxation of 5% is allowed for reserved category candidates.

So, being a graduate degree holder in Physics from Periyar University, you are eligible for pursuing B.Ed from IGNOU if you have managed to secure the minimum marks required in the bachelor degree to pursue the same degree course.

For more details regarding IGNOU admission procedure, you can refer to the link www.ignou.ac.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?