12th June 2015, 11:21 AM
Unregistered

Is it possible for me to complete my B.Com graduation being 40 years old now?

I finished my TYB.com with one KT in Accounts, in the year 96-97, after that I couldnt appear again as I was the only person earning in my house. So had to leave my studies. Now I am 40yrs, but still feel I want to complete my graduation and make my parents proud. Its been 17yrs I left college, am I still eligible to give exam and complete my graduation.

12th June 2015, 06:14 PM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Is it possible for me to complete my B.Com graduation being 40 years old now?

You can complete your graduation through the various Open Universities.
You will not be able to continue from where you left 17 years ago.
Getting admission in Open Universities is generally not a problem and once you complete your course in the Open University your graduation will be completed.
So apply to the nearest Open University as soon as you can.
That you have a gap of 17 years will not be a problem for you.

12th June 2015, 09:25 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible for me to complete my B.Com graduation being 40 years old now?

With so many distance education universities you can surely become a Graduate without any doubt. Don't worry about your age and take admission in a good University. Study well and you will definitely become a graduate in future. You can apply for admission in a distance education University like IGNOU for your graduation.

They have many learning centers all over the country and you won't have any problem in completing your graduation. The only difficulty you will face is that you have left your studies a long time back and now you have to revise everything.

12th June 2015, 09:33 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can pursue B.Com course at the age of 40 years but, you are not eligible to continue the course which you have left out 17 years back because, there will be maximum duration for every course. Within maximum duration, the course should be completed by the candidate. Since, you have left college 17 years back, you are not eligible to continue B.Com course. So, I suggest you to take fresh admission again to pursue B.Com course.

12th June 2015, 11:51 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I finished my TYB.com with one KT in Accounts, in the year 96-97, after that I couldnt appear again as I was the only person earning in my house. So had to leave my studies. Now I am 40yrs, but still feel I want to complete my graduation and make my parents proud. Its been 17yrs I left college, am I still eligible to give exam and complete my graduation.
You cannot complete your graduation after a gap of 17 years to finish a degree which is B.com. It is a under graduate course and the age limit needed for doing the course is 17 years and you are now 40 years old which makes you ineligible for doing the course.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?