3rd December 2015, 08:29 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility for UPSC after completing 12th standard and graduation in distance?

Dear,

I completed my 12th standard. I want to do graduation in distance. Shall I eligible for civil exams after completing my graduation in distance?

4th December 2015, 06:19 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility for UPSC after completing 12th standard and graduation in distance?

Civil Services examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission for services like IAS, IPS, IRS, IFS etc.

Eligibility criteria for Civil Services exam:

>>Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year candidates can also apply for exam.

If you have done your bachelor's degree in distance mode then your institute must be approved by Distance Education council and UGC. Only passing percentage of marks is required to appear for this exam.

>>Age limit for general category candidates is 21-32 years and upper age relaxation of three years and five years applicable to OBC and SC/ST respectively.

It has three stages, Preliminary, Mains exam and interview.

For any further details or query, you can visit http://www.upsc.gov.in
4th December 2015, 10:29 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility for UPSC after completing 12th standard and graduation in distance?

Yes, distance mode degree from a recognized university is absolutely acceptable for UPSC civil services exam. Hence, don't worry about it and get admission in a university which is well known like IGNOU.

You can take admission in IGNOU because it has the highest number of regional centers across the country. This will not create any problem during your studies.
4th December 2015, 11:14 AM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Yes, you re eligible to appear for Civil Services examination after graduation in distance course.

Civil Services examination is conducted by UPSC every year and it is among the most toughest examination. To appear in examination required eligibility criteria is :-

Candidates must have passed graduation from any recognised university either in regular or correspondence.
Candidates age must be between 21-32 years with the relaxation in age for reserved category.

So, after completing graduation from recognised university you are eligible to appear in examination. The examination is conducted in three stages and have to qualify in all stages for final selection.

For more information about examination visit at http://www.upsc.gov.in
4th December 2015, 02:57 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Yes, you wil be eligible for civil service exam.
But you must do the graduation from a recognised university only, otherwise your graduate won't be legitimate.

You can do your graduation from IGNOU, it's programs are well known and knowledgible too.
4th December 2015, 06:17 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

To be eligible to appear in UPSC examinations, the candidate must have completed Graduation in any discipline from a recognised university. Few of the UPSC examinations like NDA requires the minimum educational qualification of 12th standard from a recognised board. Since, you have just completed 12th standard, I suggest you to pursue Graduation course through Regular mode of education, so, that you are eligible to appear in UPSC examinations and for any other Government job opportunities.
4th December 2015, 06:27 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for Civil Services examination after completing graduation from correspondence course.

To appear for the Civil Services examination conducted by UPSC for recruitment of Officer's as I.A.S, I.P.S, I.F.S etc. The minimum eligibility to appear for examination is candidates have passed graduation in any discipline from a recognised university. Candidate age just be between 21-32 years.

So, you need to pursue graduation course and along with preparation for Civil Services examination. For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
4th December 2015, 10:37 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for Civils examination after completion of graduation from distance mode.

The minimum eligibility criteria required to appear for Civils examination is that the candidate must have passed graduation from a recognized university.

If you are pursuing graduation from a recognized distance education college/ university then you are eligible to appear for Civils service examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?