24th June 2016, 05:26 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to get Lateral Entry to study in MCA 2nd year? Details of fee and hostel charges?

Hello Sir,
What is the eligibility criteria for admission in MCA 2nd year with Lateral Entry? What would be the fees and hostel charges of MCA course?

Related Questions:
  1. What is the differnece between MCA 3rd year course and lateral entry in 2nd year in MCA?
  2. Possibility to study B.E from Anna university through lateral entry scheme after completing 2nd year of Diploma?
  3. Eligibility for MCA lateral entry in SRM University after B.Sc and fee details for the same?
  4. Detailed fee structure of MCA course at any decent institute including hostel charges? Upto how much bank can pay as Education Loan?
  5. Lateral entry to MCA is possible having a year gap after BCA?
  6. Is there lateral entry for MCA in coming years? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Which course can I do after BCA? I am studying BCA
  8. How to join a college as a lateral entry candidate?
  9. Which college to get admission for B.Tech lateral entry after completing Diploma?
  10. How to get admission in MCA? How long does it takes to complete the course? Difference between lateral entry and continue entry MCA? -- [New]
  11. Is it possible to join BE through lateral entry after B.Sc. in Guwahati?
  12. Fee structure of MCA in KIIT?
  13. Admission in Later Entry MCA through PTU
  14. List of schools with hostel facility for admission in 5th standard in Bangalore? Course fee and hostel charges of school?
  15. How may I get the results of North Point Sr.Secondary Boarding School(Deshbndhu Nagar), Kolkata for class 11th and 12th? How may I know about actual fee structure separately(School fee plus Hostel fee) of this school for the same?
  16. Am I eligible to do MCA in lateral entry after completing BSc IT? Colleges or universities providing MCA lateral entry? Details about their placements?
  17. Duration of MCA course after BCA? Difference between lateral entry and continue entry in MCA?
  18. What is the fee structure followed for B.Sc Animation course?
25th June 2016, 06:53 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to get Lateral Entry to study in MCA 2nd year? Details of fee and hostel charges?

MCA stands for Master of Computer Applications. It is a three-year postgraduate degree in the field of Information Technology. Candidates who have passed Bachelor's degree course in Science/ Commerce/ Arts/ Engineering stream from a Government recognised university are eligible to pursue MCA course.

Direct admissions to second year of MCA course are also offered through Lateral Entry admission process. Eligibility criteria required to get lateral entry admission in MCA 2nd year is mentioned below :-

=> You should have passed Post-Graduate Diploma in Computer Application/ BCA/ B.Sc (Computer Science)/ B.Sc. (Information Technology) course with minimum aggregate of 50% marks from a Government recognised university are eligible to get direct admission in second year of MCA course.

=> Lateral Entry admissions in MCA course are offered through State or University level entrance examinations. So, you should have to appear and qualify the entrance examination conducted by your respective State/ University for getting admission in MCA course.

Fee Structure :-
The fee structure for MCA course is not same in all Colleges/ Universities. It varies from College to College. The normal fee structure for MCA course ranges from Rs. 35,000/- to Rs. 60,000/- Per year. The hostel fees will cost around Rs. 40,000/- to Rs.50,000/- per year.
30th April 2018, 01:33 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Eligibility to get Lateral Entry to study in MCA 2nd year? Details of fee and hostel charges?

I'm pursuing Bsc in Computer science. I want to get MCA in lateral entry is it possible? I'm from ballari in order to get seats which exams I should write?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?