27th April 2011, 03:16 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility for SET exam after BA in Psychology in 1993?

I have done my ba psychology in 1993 . Would like to know if i am eligible to take the set exam

Related Questions:
27th April 2011, 04:05 PM
roligupta91

Default Re: Eligibility for SET exam after BA in Psychology in 1993?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have done my ba psychology in 1993 . Would like to know if i am eligible to take the set exam
Maharashtra State Eligibility Test for Lectureship (SET) - 2010

Eligibility Criteria

a) The candidates must have Master's Degree from an institution recognized by U.G.C.

b) The candidates other than SC/ST category who have secured atleast 55% marks (without grace) in Master's Degree or equivalent examination, are eligible for this test. SC/ST/PH/VH (PH-Physically Handicapped. VH-Visually Handicapped i.e. Blind) category candidates who have secured atleast 50% marks(without grace) in Master's Degree or equivalent examination are eligible for this test.

c) Those candidates who have secured even 54.99% marks or below (even 49.99% Marks or below for SC/ST/PH/VH candidates) in Master's Degree examination are NOT eligible for this test.

d) Candidates who have appeared OR will be appearing at the qualifying master's degree examination and whose result is still awaited OR candidates whose examinations have been delayed may also apply for this Test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible to apply for Lectureship only after they have passed their Master's Degree examination or equivalent examination with atleast 55% marks (50% in case of SC/ST/PH/VH category candidates) These candidates must submit their P.G. Marksheet within two years from the date of declaration of result of the SET examination.

e) Those candidates who are studying in the first year of two years course or in first two semesters of a four semesters course of Master's Degree cannot appear for this test.

f) M.C.M. students are not allowed to appear for SET Examination.

g) Candidates who have completed Ph.D. and had passed Master's Degree prior to 19th September, 1991 with at least 50% marks (without grace marks as explained above) are also eligible to appear for SET examination.

h) Candidates have to appear for SET in the subject of their Post Graduation only.

i) Candidates should note that their candidature is provisional. Their candidature will be deemed final upon verification of eligibility condition with reference to the documents enclosed with their application or as may be called for.

j) There is no upper age limit.

k) The candidates who have passed M.Sc.( by Research) are not eligible to appear for the SET Exam. As per the U.G.C. Rules.

l) The SET agency will not issue any marksheet to qualified/not-qualified candidate. Also no revaluations of papers are allowed for SET Examination. The SET agency will issue certificate to qualifying candidates only.

EXEMPTION (ELIGIBILITY FOR LECTURESHIP)

(a) Exemption from SET will be as per decisions taken by the UGC and State Government from time to time.

(b) The candidates who have passed the UGC/CSIR, JRF examination prior to 1989 or have cleared the State level Eligibility Test of any state accredited by the UGC for lectureship prior to 1st June, 2002 are exempted.

(c) SET shall remain the minimum eligibility condition for recruitment and appointment of lecturers in Universities/Colleges/Institutions. Provided, however, that candidates, who are or have been awarded Ph.D. Degree in compliance of the “University Grants Commission (minimum standards and procedure for award of Ph.D. Degree) , regulation 2009, shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/Colleges/Institutions”.
27th April 2011, 04:47 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello friend,
To be eligible for the State Eligibility Test for Lectureship (SET), you must hold a masters degree, from a recognized university, with a minimum of 55% marks.
Candidates who belong to SC/St category are eligible with 50% marks.
Since you hold a bachelors degree in psychology, you are not eligible for the exam at this point of time.
For further information, you may refer to the official website of UGC.
27th April 2011, 05:58 PM
shermin
Senior Member+

A candidate should have a master's degree from any recognized university with minimum 55% marks.

So you need to have a master's degree to appear for the exam.
8th October 2011, 04:38 PM
Unregistered

i want too set exam question perpar
26th November 2011, 09:36 PM
Unregistered

HAVE THERE ONLY ONE DIGREE COURSE IN PSYCOLOGY ?
15th January 2012, 09:06 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,

State Eligibility Test(SET)is one of the best state level examination for Lectureship like the National Eligibility Test(NET),conducted by the University Grants Commission (U.G.C.).

Eligibility For SET:

1:You should have the Master's Degree from an institution recognized by U.G.C.

2:SC/ST candidates who have secured minimum 55% marks in Master's Degree or equivalent examination, are eligible for this test.

3:you can not be allowed to appear in the test if

you are in first year of two years course of Master's Degree.
or
you are in first two semesters of a four semesters course of Master's Degree.

4:There is no age limit to appear in the test.

The good books for Preparing SET Entrance Examination

A)‘Upkars UGC SET/JRF/NET Computer Science and Application paper 2 and 3 written by Sunil Kumar Ojha

B)‘Upkars CSIR UGC SLET/JRF/NET Chemical Sciences wrote by Hemant Kulshreshtra and Ajay Taneja.

C)physical education written by Stephen J Silverman and Catherine D Ennis

D)political sciences written by Stephen Van Evera

E)political theory of global citizenship written by April Carter.

all the best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?