24th March 2012, 09:03 AM
Unregistered

What is the age limit and eligibility criteria for application for CDS-2 AIR FORCE? My Date of Birth is 14-Aug-1993

My DOB is 14-Aug-1993 can i apply for CDS-2 AIRFORCE upsc exam. As I am appeared in 12th

25th March 2012, 11:19 AM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: What is the age limit and eligibility criteria for application for CDS-2 AIR FORCE? My Date of Birth is 14-Aug-1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My DOB is 14-Aug-1993 can i apply for CDS-2 AIRFORCE upsc exam. As I am appeared in 12th

Eligibility Criterion For CDS-2

Actually, you are eligible for NDA after passing out 12th and not CDS..

You become eligible for the CDS (Combined Defense Services) after passing out your graduation..

For appearing in the NDA (National Defense Academy) Exam..you need to have the following minimum eligibility criterion :-

1) You should have completed your 12th or must be appearing in the 12th boards..

2) You should be within the age limit of 16.5-19 years..

Apart from clearing the written exam..you need to clear the medical examination too for which I have provided the physical conditions you must have..

The forms for the NDA-2 exam shall be available from 5th May,2012 and the last date for form submission is 4th June,2012

The exam is going to be conducted on 19th August,2012..

For more information on the exams you can visit http://upsc.gov.in

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
Attached Files
File Type: doc NDA Genral-ability.doc(61.4 KB, 80 views)
File Type: pdf NDA-Solved-Previous-Year-Question-Paper-2008.pdf(61.3 KB, 50 views)
File Type: txt Physical Requirements for NDA.txt(3.2 KB, 51 views)
25th March 2012, 12:46 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the age limit and eligibility criteria for application for CDS-2 AIR FORCE? My Date of Birth is 14-Aug-1993

dear friend,
You are going to appear in 12th class board exam, and you want to apply for CDS-2 exam..

Then sorry to say you that you are not eligible for the CDS exam wright now..
Because to appear in CDS exam you have to complete the bachelor's degree first..

Eligibility for CDS-2 exam:-------
--------------------------------

For Indian Air force:---------
----------------------------

~~The candidate can complete the graduation course in any trade but must have maths and physics in 12th class..
~~A candidate, who is going to appear in 12th class board exam is not eligible for the CDS exam..
~~The age should be in between 19-23 years.
~~The candidate should be a citizen of India.
~~The candidate must be physically fit..

These are the eligibility criteria you have to fulfill.

So, I will suggest you to go for the graduation course first. After which you can apply for the CDS exam.

All the best.
25th March 2012, 01:06 PM
jayanta kumar mahanta

Default Re: What is the age limit and eligibility criteria for application for CDS-2 AIR FORCE? My Date of Birth is 14-Aug-1993

i want to know that ,can a b-tech 3rd year student apply for cds?
25th March 2012, 02:02 PM
akashdixit1

Post Re: What is the age limit and eligibility criteria for application for CDS-2 AIR FORCE? My Date of Birth is 14-Aug-1993

age limit = above 19,your age is 18 years 10 month and 18 days on 1st july 2012 so you are under age on this date.
eligibility = intermediate passed with 60% and above in science stream.
25th March 2012, 04:45 PM
mandeeps16

Everyone is eligible for NDA after passing out 12th but not for CDS.

You become eligible for the CDS after completing 15 years of formal education(10+2+3) from a recognised institution.

Eligibility Criteria for NDA Application :

Appeared or Completed 10+2

Age betwee 16.5 to 19 years

Medical Test

Visit http://upsc.gov.in for more information and application form.
25th March 2012, 04:56 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

You have appeared 12th, so you are eligible to apply for Indian Air Force through NDA.

You can not apply for CDS as you are not a Graduate now.

NDA-NATIONAL DEFENCE ACADEMY conducted by UPSC twice every year as NDA-I and NDA-II for entry in to Indian Army, Navy and Air Force wing of NDA.

The eligible candidate must be an unmarried Indian male having either appear for the final 12th exam or pass in any stream from a recognised Board within the age of 16.5 to 19 years with good Physical Fitness.

As you are interested for Indian Air Force so should have Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in 12th.

You can apply for NDA-II 2012 exam which the notification will come out in the month of May 2012 followed by exam during August 2012.

After completion of Graduation you can apply for Indian Air Force through CDS(Combined Defence Service) within the age of 19 to 24 years.

For more information you may log on to official website of UPSC i.e. www.upsc.gov.in
17th June 2013, 01:00 PM
Unregistered

i am a student of bsc 3rd yr can i fill cds 2 exam or not
what is meant by physically phit.? i wear a spectecle . i am applicable or not
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?