28th July 2018, 01:22 AM
nehabhoir209

Eligibility to study MSc(Chemistry) for BSc(IT) student?

Hello Sir, I am studying BSc(H) in Information Technology. But I am interested to study MSc in Chemistry after completing my IT Graduation. So, am I eligible or not for studying MSc in this specialization?

31st July 2018, 03:53 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Eligibility to study MSc(Chemistry) for BSc(IT) student?

M.Sc refers to Master of Science and for pursuing M.Sc degree in Chemistry. you are required to have completed your higher secondary school degree followed by bachelor's degree with Chemistry as one of the major subjects from a recognized institutes.

So, having opted for Information Technology (IT) as your specialization for your B.Sc degree course, you are not eligible to pursue M.Sc in Chemistry degree course.
31st July 2018, 06:45 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are eligible to pursue MSc in Chemistry after completing IT Graduation.
Eligibility criteria should be-
Candidate should have passed their graduation from a recognized university.
Candidate should have passed graduation from any stream and any particular stream is not required.
Candidate age is not limited.
Candidate should have scored a minimum of 45% marks in graduation.
31st July 2018, 07:24 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Being a B.Sc〔H〕in Information technology degree holder, you are not eligible for pursuing M.Sc in Chemistry degree course as for pursuing M.Sc in Chemistry degree course, you are required to have completed your bachelor's degree with Chemistry as a main subject throughout your bachelor degree course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?