25th September 2016, 03:54 PM
Righteousman

Eligibility for studying Mechanical and Electrical engineering?

Hello, would I be eligible to study mechanical /electrical engineering with A in core science B in agriculture and C in mathematics?

Related Questions:
  1. Procedure to apply for training after Electrical Engineering at Indian Railway Institute of Mechanical & Electrical Engineering, Jamalpur (Bihar)?
  2. How many PSUs recruit without GATE score?
  3. Changing the trade from electrical to mechanical engineering?
  4. What should I choose between Diploma in Electrical and B.E in Mechanical being an experienced Diploma in Mechanical Engineering candidate?
  5. Best trade among Electrical, Mechanical and Mining to study in Engineering Diploma course?
  6. What course can I do after studying electrical engineering?
  7. What are the career options after Mechanical engineering? I am studying in 4th year Mechanical
  8. Eligibility for NTPC Junior Engineer 2016?
  9. Which post will I get after clearing my IES/EC exam? Are the posts available in Gujarat?
  10. Am I eligible to study Robotics after the completion of 3 year Diploma in ECE?
  11. Fee structure for 4 years BE in Mechanical Engineering at Germany? Best way to reduce expenses while studying?
  12. List of colleges offering Psychology?
  13. List of colleges offering DGO after BAMS? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. How to make my career in engineering? I am studying 3rd year mechanical engineering
  15. List of colleges in Himachal or Haryana which intakes through AIEEE score card? I've secured AIR 80079, state rank 11638 and state category (OBC) rank 3076
  16. Which engineering course is best between electrical and mechanical engineering? -- [New]
  17. Job opportunities in Government sector for Mechanical and Automation Engineering student? Eligibility requirements to appear in GATE?
  18. Percentage required to join any college after studying diploma in Mechanical engineering?
25th September 2016, 06:21 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility for studying Mechanical and Electrical engineering?

There are several technological universities including the IITs that offer courses in Mechanical and Electrical engineering both at undergraduate and post-graduate level in India. One must have to pass the qualifying exam i.e. IIT JEE for admission into Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs).

Eligibility criteria required to study Mechanical or Electrical engineering :-

-The candidate should have passed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Maths or equivalent qualification with at least 60% of marks in the aggregate for B.E/B.Tech degree in Mechanical and Electrical engineering.
25th September 2016, 06:58 PM
Suraj Singh 7494

For any type of Engineering course the candidate must have a qualification of 12th class with PCM subjects or must have a qualification of Diploma course.
1) Through 12th Class:- The candidate must have completed his 12th with PCM subjects with 50% marks from a respective board. And than he can take admission in Bachelor Engineering course in any stream. The duration of the course will be 4 years.

2) Through Diploma course:- The Candidate must have a qualification of diploma course (whether 2 or 3 years) completed from a recognized board. If you take admission through diploma course than the duration of the course will be 3 years. And you can also change your stream in Bachelor's Engineering course.
25th September 2016, 08:45 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

The minimum qualification required to pursue 4 year degree course in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering is 12th with physics, chemistry and mathematics as main subjects with aggregate of 50% marks from recognised board. Minimum age should be 17. Eligible Candidate can appear in the entrance exam known as JEE Mains and Advance to get admission in top universities of our country. Once you qualify the entrance exam you will be given government or private college on the basis of rank obtained in the merit list.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?