26th December 2017, 01:45 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility for TET exam after completion of B.E. Mechanical Engineering?

I have completed my B.E in Mechanical Engineering in the year 2016 and now teaching students of 7 to 10 standard. Am I eligible for the TET examination?

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to write TET after completion of Engineering and B.Ed? -- [New]
  2. Am I eligible to apply for TET exam after completion of graduation with 49.83 percent and belong to SC candidate?
  3. Can I apply in WB-TET if completed Mechanical Engineering Diploma course? Eligibility to study D.Ed course for same candidate?
  4. Am I eligible to apply for TET exams after completion of B.Ed course?
  5. What is the procedure followed to get educational loan right after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  6. Can a B.Ed in Social & Telugu Methodology from Andhra Pradesh become a government school teacher in Bengaluru? What should I do for it?
  7. Am I eligible to join Diploma in Mechanical Engineering after completion of 10th Class? How much salary offered for the candidate after completion of this course? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Eligibility to do B.E Mechanical after completion of diploma in Chemical engineering?
  9. How to do MSc theoritical physics after completion of mechanical
  10. Is B.E graduate eligible for TET exam conducted by Tamilnadu Government
  11. How can I go abroad after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  12. Which branch I can choose to do degree after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  13. What is the eligibility to write Assam's Teachers Eligibility Test (TET)?
  14. What is the eligibility criteria for TET exam? Can i apply for this exam? What is the syllabus for TET exam?
  15. What should I do if I want to become a government teacher after completion of BCA course?
  16. Am I eligible for TET examination after completion of M.Com in Accountancy and Finance?
  17. What is the basic educational qualification required to be eligible for TET exam?
  18. Am I eligible to do B.E Mechanical engineering after completion of diploma in electronics?
27th December 2017, 04:30 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility for TET exam after completion of B.E. Mechanical Engineering?

TET refers to Teacher Eligibility Test and same examination is held for recruitment of teachers in government funded schools.

As far as you are concerned about your eligibility for appearing in TET having completed your Bachelor of Engineering degree course then I would like to let you know that you are not eligible for TETs unless you hold additional degrees like D.El.Ed. ( Diploma in Elementary Education) for becoming teacher upto Class V and B.Ed ( Bachelor of Education ) for becoming teacher in Classes above V.

So in order to appear in TET you first need to complete D.El.Ed. or B.Ed degree course.
27th December 2017, 06:42 PM
zzaza
Senior Member+

Default Re: Eligibility for TET exam after completion of B.E. Mechanical Engineering?

Don't worry i will make it very clear for you. Eligibility criteria for Teachers Eligibility Test is:-

12th Standard or Equivalent from a recognised board with at least 50% marks aggregate.
Graduation (Passed or Appearing in final year) or Bachelor degree holders.

TET is necessary to become government teacher in India. TET exam is conducted in two phase i.e. Paper-1 & Paper-2. After clearing TET you can apply for teaching jobs in different government institutions.
27th December 2017, 07:23 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The acronym TET stands for Teacher Eligibility Test.

Academic qualification: Bachelor's degree in any stream and Bachelor of Education is mandatory to apply for TET.

After completion of bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering, you need to pursue Bachelor of Education course. Minimum of 50% marks in bachelor's degree is required to apply for B.Ed course.
27th December 2017, 08:17 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

BTech students are not eligible to apply for TET examination. To apply for TET examination, candidate must have qualification of B.Ed after graduation in any stream.
28th December 2017, 08:07 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The full form of TET is Teacher Eligibility Test.

Eligibility criteria for TET exam:

1.You must a bachelor's degree holder and have done bachelor's degree in Education as well to become eligible for TET examination.

Mechanical engineering candidates need to pursue Bachelor's degree in education to become eligible for Teacher Eligibility Test.
28th December 2017, 07:12 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

For recruitment as teacher candidates have to appear and qualify in TET examination.

It is conducted by CBSE for recruitment in Central government schools while state government conduct entrance test for admission in state government school.

The required entrance test for admission in course is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

Candidate must posses B.Ed course to appear in examination. So, you have to pursue B.Ed course to appear in examination.
28th December 2017, 07:54 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

TET stands for Teacher Eligibility Test and these examinations are held by concerned body for recruitment of teachers in government funded schools.

Basically TETs are of two types, one is the CTET ( Central Teacher Eligibility Test ) held by CBSE for recruitment of teachers in CBSE affiliated government and private schools where as other is state TETs held by concerned state board of education for recruitment of teachers in school managed by concerned state government.

Now as far as you are concerned about your eligibility for appearing in TET being B.E. in Mechanical Engineering degree course then I would like to let you know that you are eligible if you hold teaching professional degree course like D.El.Ed. and B.Ed. along with your regular studies otherwise not.
28th December 2017, 08:29 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to apply for TET examination after completion of your B.E Mechanical Engineering course. To be eligible to apply for TET (Paper-1 for class I-V) examination, you should have passed 12th standard with at least 50% aggregate marks and passed or appearing in final year of Diploma in Elements Education and for class VI-VIII, you should have passed at least 50% aggregate marks in your graduation and passed or appearing in final year of Diploma in Elementary Education or first year in Bachelor in Education. So, being a B.E Mechanical Engineering student, you are not eligible to apply for TET examination.
28th December 2017, 08:57 PM
Bhaak Burbak
Senior Member++++

TET stands for Teacher Eligibility Test and it is conducted for recruitment of teacher in government or private schools.

The minimum required educational qualification to appear in examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree and also posses B.Ed from a recognised university.

So, only having B.E in Mechanical Engineering is not sufficient to appear in examination.
3rd March 2019, 01:45 AM
Unregistered

I am a Bachelor of engineering degree holder in textile branch with an overall aggregate of 53% ,I want to know am I eligible for TET?I have only my B.E degree I don't have any other degree ??am I eligible? please help me ans me please???
3rd January 2021, 10:34 PM
Unregistered

I am a btech student, am i eligible for TET exam? Kindly inform me, it will be helpful for me.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?