30th May 2015, 07:27 PM
akshay.dubey055

Which engineering field will have good scope in next 5-6 years?

I recently gave my 10+2 exam n now interested in engg. But I'm in a confusion between electronics and computer engg!!I would like to ask which engg will have a better scope in next 5-6 years..electronics or computer????? Can someone please provide suggestions?

30th May 2015, 08:24 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

Default Re: Which engineering field will have good scope in next 5-6 years?

Computer Science is dominating from few recent years because of their wide scope of development around the world and will continue the dominance in the coming year as the world is advancing its technology every day and computer science is the root of development.
Also, Electrical engineering will have a great future in coming time basically in India as the governmemt of India seems determimed to connect every village through electricity and internet connection through optical fibre and satellite connection and it will provide huge opportunity for younh engineer from from almost all stream .

Generally the students who performed well in the engineering colleges of computer science got job in foreign countries in the companies like Google, Yahoo,Facebook,Orkut........
The students of computer science also placed in India in the companies like Satyam Computer, Infosys,..........

The students from elctrical engineering stream are recruited in the companies like TELCO,TISCO,WIPRO,SAIL,....
..and many more.
30th May 2015, 09:14 PM
maybach

Electronics is better because the computer science companies also take electronics branch students.

Also with exponentially increasing IT industries, it is very difficult to sustain in IT industry.

On the other side with electronics branch it is very easy to get job in the Electronics core companies like
Seimens
Ericson
Motorola

and also in IT firms like
Infosys
TCS
Wipro.
30th May 2015, 09:31 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Dear truly speaking, there is a individual importance for every stream under Engineering departments. With out any of the Engineering departments we will not have a life.

Coming to the selection of departments I suggested you to take Core branches instead of Software streams. I will give you the reason for it. The reason behind it is " With choosing of Software departments " there is only chance to go for " Software Jobs ".

Here I am giving you the Core streams under Engineering departments.

<> Electrical Engineering

<> Electronics and Communication Engineering

<> Mechanical Engineering

<> Civil Engineering

I preferred you to go for Core branches. The reason why you will have a chance to get into both Core and Software Companies.

For Instance ,A student having ECE in his B.Tech he will have a chance to get job in Software companies as well as Industrial PSU's like NTPC , BHEL, SAIL, GAIL etc.,

This is all about the importance of stream under Engineering department but you have to be very careful to chose the Department.
31st May 2015, 11:47 AM
akshay.dubey055

Which one to select?? Computer or electronics?? Taking into consideration "interest" , I have more interest in computer than as in electronics. .!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?