17th April 2018, 01:18 AM
Unregistered

Is it enough to appear in Biology of 12th to appear in NEET for 12th PCM qualified candidate?

I have completed my 12th last year with PCM stream from Rajasthan Board. I want to appear in NEET next year. So, I want to know that I can only give Biology exam of 12th standard or I have to appear in all 5 subjects?

22nd April 2018, 12:25 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it enough to appear in Biology of 12th to appear in NEET for 12th PCM qualified candidate?

No, you are not eligible to appear in NEET examination after completion of your 12th standard with PCM stream and by studying Biology subject separately. To be eligible to appear in NEET examination, you should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English subjects with minimum aggregate of 50% marks from a Government recognised board. So, you have to pursue your 11th and 12th standard with PCB stream to be eligible to appear in NEET examination.
23rd April 2018, 01:50 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it enough to appear in Biology of 12th to appear in NEET for 12th PCM qualified candidate?

This is not possible. You can not appear for Biology and become eligible for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test.

You will have to appear for all subjects of secondary board examination. You need to register for board exam with subjects like PCB and others. In exam, you need to secure minimum of 50% marks to become eligible for NEET exam for MBBS and BDS course.

The age limit is 17-25 years.
24th April 2018, 08:25 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

The very first thing I would like to let you that as per the NEET 2018 notification, students having cleared their Class 12th examinations through compartmental examination or improvement examination i.e; as a private candidate or through open schooling ( except NIOS candidates ) are not eligible for appearing in NEET.

So, just by appearing in Biology paper next year you are not eligible for appearing in NEET unless you reappear in your Class 12th board examinations once again with PCB group subjects from a recognized board.

For more details regarding NEET eligibility, you can refer to the link www.cbseneet.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?