17th April 2018, 09:33 AM
Ravindramandal

Why 12th marks is important for NDA candidates?

Hello everyone, I want to give NDA entrance exam. Right now I am studying in 12th standard with Science stream. I have heard that there are very much importance of 12th marks in NDA. Id it true? If it is, then please tell me what is that?

22nd April 2018, 12:30 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Why 12th marks is important for NDA candidates?

No, the 12th standard board examination marks doesn't play an important role in NDA recruitment process. Only 12th standard is set as an minimum educational qualification to be eligible to appear in NDA examination but, the marks doesn't have an importance. Candidates who have passed 12th standard from a Government recognised board and unmarried male candidates those who are in the age range of 16.5 to 19.5 years are eligible to appear in NDA examination.
22nd April 2018, 11:19 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

No, 12th marks are not that much important for appearing in NDA Exam.

You can appear for NDA Exam if you are appearing/passed(with at least 45%) in 10+2 with Physics and Mathematics as your primary subjects.

For qualifying NDA exam, you will have to pass these stages:
  • Written Exam
  • SSB Interview

Most of the candidates qualify written test but fail to clear SSB Interview. So, you can join any good coaching institute for proper preparation to NDA Exam.
24th April 2018, 12:21 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

NDA ( National Defence Academy ) the examination is conducted by UPSC. It is conducted twice in a year.

The eligibility to appear for examination is that :

Candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board.

Candidate's age must be between 16.5-19.5 years.

Only male candidates are eligible.

There is no much importance of aggregate in 12th board examination for selection. It is conducted in two stages as Written and SSB. For more details about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
24th April 2018, 02:21 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

No board aggregate do not have much importance for appearing in NDA examination or for the final selection.

NDA examination is conducted by UPSC. It is conducted for recruitment in defence service.

The eligibility to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed or pursuing in 12th from a recognised board.

Candidates only after qualifying in both stages ( written and SSB ) are eligible for final selection.

For more details about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
24th April 2018, 08:13 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

NDA refers to National Defense Academy and as the name suggests same is a defense academy meant for providing training and education to those who manages to qualify NDA entrance examination with an ambition of becoming a commissioned officer in Indian defense services.

NDA entrance examinations are held by UPSC twice every year in two stages which includes Written test followed by SSB interview.

As far as you are concerned about the importance of marks in Class 12th for NDA then for your information I would like to let you know that Class 12th marks has no role in selection procedure or eligibility of NDA directly as per the NDA entrance examination notification.

Further, for appearing in NDA entrance examination, the minimum education required is a Class 12th in any discipline from a recognized board of education. Students having pursued Mathematics and Physics at their Class 12th level are eligible to join Indian Navy and Indian Air force wings of NDA.

For more details regarding NDA, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?