30th November 2015, 01:01 AM
Namika Thapa

Even after having years of Teaching experience it it mandatory have M.Ed degree for teaching in B.Ed college?

Hi,I have done Msc in first division then BEd also in first division and having five years of teaching experience. I want to teach in BEd college. For that I have to do MEd also?

30th November 2015, 11:52 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

Default Re: Even after having years of Teaching experience it it mandatory have M.Ed degree for teaching in B.Ed college?

To become a teacher in B.Ed colleges, candidate need to have M.Ed degree or higher.
With B.Ed degree and any time of experience, candidates are not allowed to hold that position according to rule and regulation followed by UGC.
To become a lecturer in B.Ed colleges, candidates need to be NET qualified.
NET stands for National Eligibility Test conducted by UGC every year and qualified candidates in NET are eligible to hold position of lecturer in the colleges.
Eligibility to appear in NET are
-Candidate must be a citizen of India
-Candidate must have Bachelor and Master degree in the same subject from a recognized university (Not necessary that both Bachelor and Master is done from same University)
-There is no upper age limit for Assistant Professor or Lecturer.

Also, candidates must appear in NET in the same subject of their post-graduation.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?