30th November 2015, 11:28 AM
Unregistered

Procedure to become a Lawyer while in BA 3rd year?

Sir, i am pursuing in b.a honours political science. I am want to be a lawyer . how is the procedure to become a lawyer i am in 3rd year in b.a.

Related Questions:
  1. Procedure to do summer training after 3rd year?
  2. Procedure to become a government lawyer? Can I further become District level Judge?
  3. Qualification required and procedure to become a Judge without being a Lawyer for Science student? In which entrance exam I have to appear?
  4. Qualifications and procedure to become a District Judge without being a Lawyer?
  5. What I have to do to become a Lawyer after the completion of BA course?
  6. Procedure to do Summer Training in NTPC, BHEL and other good Automobile Companies after completion of 3rd year with Mechanical stream?
  7. How to become a lawyer? Which subjects should be taken in Arts to become a lawyer?
  8. What is the procedure to be followed for getting internship while doing Mechanical Engineering 3rd year?
  9. What is the entire procedure to be followed for doing internship in Railways while doing B.Tech 3rd year?
  10. What is the procedure for summer internship in BHEL? I am a 3rd semester student of B.Tech electrical engineering
  11. What is the complete procedure which need to be followed for applying summer internship in Railways while doing B.Tech 3rd year?
  12. Procedure to apply for DRDO recruitment? I am pursuing B.Tech 3rd year
  13. List of Aeronautical Centres where I can apply for summer training during 3rd year Aeronautical B.Tech? Procedure to apply in HAL Bangalore?
  14. Procedure to apply for Summer Internship in HAL, India for B.Tech(ECE) 3rd semester student?
  15. What is the procedure for summer internship in BHEL? Am I eligible to do internship if am doing B.E ECE?
  16. Procedure for summer internship in BHEL?
  17. Procedure for summer training in BHEL while doing 3rd Semester B.tech Mechanical Engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. How to study in B.ECivil after studying in 3rd year diploma? What is the procedure? I have scored 90%
30th November 2015, 04:37 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to become a Lawyer while in BA 3rd year?

While pursuing bachelor's degree in political science, you can only enroll for distance course in bachelor's degree in law because a candidate can not pursue two regular course at a time.

It would be better for you to enroll yourself after completion of bachelor's degree in Political science. The duration of LLB after bachelor's degree is three years only. If you will be less than 20 years then you will be eligible to apply for Common Law Admission Test for admission in top National Law University.

Official website for more details : http://www.clat.ac.in
30th November 2015, 09:07 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, i am pursuing in b.a honours political science. I am want to be a lawyer . how is the procedure to become a lawyer i am in 3rd year in b.a.
To become a lawyer you need to join in LLB course(Bachelor of Legislative Law), the duration of the course is 3 years consisting of 6 semesters. The eligibility needed for applying for LLB course is that you should have completed a graduation degree from a recognized university with at least 40% aggregate.

To join in the course you need to apply for CLAT exam (Common Law Admission Test). The eligibility needed for the exam is:

# Candidate should have citizenship in India.

# There is no age bar for appearing for the CLAT exam.

# Candidate should have completed +2 from a recognized school board of education with at least 50% aggregate and 45% in the case of SC/ST/OBC.

CLAT exam consists of 5 sections such as:
  • English (Comprehension)
  • General Knowledge & Current Affairs
  • Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability)
  • Legal Aptitude
  • Logical Reasoning.

The total number of questions is 200 and the duration is 2 hours and there is negative marking and for every incorrect answer 1/4th marks will be deducted.
30th November 2015, 10:40 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

Candidate need to pass bachelors degree with at least 50% marks. Candidates who are in final year are also eligible to apply for the lawyer course. After completion of your BA your course duration will be of three years.

So first complete your LLB course and after completion of your LLB you need to do practice with a senior lawyer with some time.

Here is some good college for you :

National Law School of India University

Registrar, National Law School Of India University, Teachers Colony, Chandra Layout, Bangalore, Karnataka 560242
080 2321 3160 ,

NALSAR University of Law

Justice City, R.R. District , Shameerpet, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India - 500078 040 - 23498200 ,

National Law Institute University

Kerwa Dam Road , Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, India - 462044
0755 - 2696965 ,
30th November 2015, 11:38 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

To become a lawyer or an advocate the basic educational qualification required is a Bachelor of legislative law ( LLB ) degree .

--> Basically, LLB courses are of two types on the basis of the duration of course which are as discussed below :-

* First type ) LLB course of three years for who are interested to pursue the same course after their graduation degree course with any discipline from a recognized university.

* Second type ) LLB course of five years for one who is interested in the same course and has at least completed his/her higher secondary school degree from a recognized university.

So being a B.A. final year student you are eligible for both types of LLB course but the option will be the best for same. Also for pursuing the same course from best university of India i.e; National Law Universities you will have to clear Common Law Admission Test ( CLAT ) and for details about the same examination you can log on to the link www.clat.ac.in.
30th November 2015, 11:55 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

To become a Lawyer, students need to have LLB degree at least.
LLB stands for Bachelor in Legislative Law.
It is a three year undergraduate program for students who want to make their in field of Law.
National Law University is the best for any student to complete LLB.
To get admission in these universities students need to qualify CLAT.
CLAT stands for Common Law Admission Test.
It is conducted every year by NLUs for admission in colleges under them.

Since, you are in B.A 3rd year at present, so, you must complete your B.A degree first then think of about admission in LLB so that you will have both degrees and degrees plays important role while searching for job.

Private colleges also offer LLB courses and in order to take admission in these colleges, candidates need to qualify their entrance examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?