7th October 2011, 12:36 AM
Unregistered

Which Exams are being held for IAS? How to prepare for that Exam? Syllabus for that Exam?

now I m jst completed my B.E(I.T),I wnt to do IAS,bt i dnt know wht is the syllabus of IAS n which exams are helded for IAS n how 2 prepare 4 exam so pls tell me full steps for completed the exams?

7th October 2011, 11:34 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which Exams are being held for IAS? How to prepare for that Exam? Syllabus for that Exam?

There will be single exam only through which you can become IAS officer which is civil services examination. This exam is being conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) every year.

Before strating preparation, know the selection procedure for IAS. Here it is,
-CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test)
-Civl Services Main Examination
-Interview

Choose the optional subjects for Main Examination now itself in acoordance with your stream of B.Tech IT. Know the syllabus for the subjects and start preparing for the same.

My suggestion is to join in good coaching institute for IAS Exam because this is an all India level examination and one need score high in Main examination to be an IAS officer.

Remember this thing that you will be allowed to Main Examination if you are qualified in CSAT Exam. So, don't neglect this exam too.

Try to be strong enough in Aptitude, General English and General Awareness in order to crack CSAT Exam.

The upcoming civil services exam is going to be conducted on 20-05-2012 and the last date to submit the application forms for this exam is 05-03-2012.

If you are interested, you can appear for this examination.

Here is the official website of UPSC. For updated information on civil services examination, you can have a glance at this web site.
http://www.upsc.gov.in/
7th October 2011, 02:04 PM
jevirsinh

Default Re: Which Exams are being held for IAS? How to prepare for that Exam? Syllabus for that Exam?

Hello

UPSC conducted exam for IAS

here i attached details of IAS exam please see attachment

thanks
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IAS.pdf(346.2 KB, 145 views)
7th October 2011, 02:37 PM
paltejender
Junior Member+

Location: C/O United India Insurance Co Ltd, Near Apollo Chowk, Narwana Distt. Jind Haryana

UPSC board is conducted the exam for IAS. For this you have to appear in the exam called civil services(now called CSAT).
for this, 2 exams are conducted named :
CSAT preliminary exam
and MAINS exams.

In prel exam, you have to answer the question related general studies and the subject you choose for CSAT.
The mains exmas is mainly based on the Subject you choosed for this.
there is no subjects for engg. students except physics, chemistry and maths.

after sucessfully completed both exams, an interview session is performed.

If you will pass the interview with good % then you will become an IAS officer.

Remember that It is an one of the best reputed officer in india.
7th October 2011, 03:30 PM
convertor

Hello friend, ias stands for indian administrative service. The union public service commission (upsc) conducts group 1 exams in every year. The eligibility criteria for ias:- educational qualification is graduation in any stream from any recognized university and no percentage criteria. Age limit is 21 to 30years. The exam pattern consists of civil service aptitude test(csat) , mains exam and personal interview. Prepare well. All the best
7th October 2011, 04:04 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Which Exams are being held for IAS? How to prepare for that Exam? Syllabus for that Exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
now I m jst completed my B.E(I.T),I wnt to do IAS,bt i dnt know wht is the syllabus of IAS n which exams are helded for IAS n how 2 prepare 4 exam so pls tell me full steps for completed the exams?

Complete Information about Indian Civil Service Exams

Eligibility Criteria :-

According to the UPSC guidelines..a candidate must satisfy the following criterion to appear for the Civil Service Exam :-

1) You need to be a graduate or a final year graduation student in any stream from a recognized college..

2) You should be in the age limit of 21-30 years for general category,21-33 years for OBC and 21-35 years for SC/ST

The maximum number of attempts allowed for the general category is 4,for OBC it is 7 and for SC/ST there is no limit..

Exam Pattern :-

There are 2 rounds for clearing this exam

1) Prelims :- This round..also known as Civil Service Aptitude Test(CSAT) has 2 objective papers which will test your general knowledge,current affairs and aptitude..

2) Mains :- If you clear the Prelims,then you shall qualify for the Mains where you will face nine papers..where your knowledge of your graduation subjects shall be tested..

If you clear both the rounds..you shall be called for the interview and the final selection..

NOTE :- You can qualify for IAS only by clearing the Civil Service Exams..

All the best..

With Warm Regards
"Nitz"
7th October 2011, 07:41 PM
gaurav2talk
Senior Member+

"KNOW ABOUT CIVIL SERVICES EXAMINATION"

List of civil services in India:

Services/posts to which recruitment is to be made through the Examination are:
1) Indian Administrative Service (IAS)
2) Indian Foreign Service (IFS)
3) Indian Police Service (IPS)
4) Indian P & T Accounts & Finance Service, Group ‘A’
5) Indian Audit and Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
6) Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise) Group 'A'
7) Indian Defence Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
8) Indian Revenue Service, Group ‘A’ (IRS)
9) Indian Ordnance Factories Service, Group ‘A’ (Assistant Works Manager, Non-technical)
10) Indian Postal Service, Group ‘A’
11) Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
12) Indian Railway Traffic Service, Group ‘A’
13) Indian Railway Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
14) Indian Railway Personnel Service, Group ‘A’
15) Post of Assistant Security Officer, Group ‘A’ in Railway Protection Force
16) Indian Defence Estates Service, Group ‘A’
17) Indian Information Service (Junior Grade), Group 'A'
18) Indian Trade Service, Group "A" (Grade-III)
19) Indian Corporate Law Service, Group "A"
20) Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Group 'B' (Section Officer's Grade)
21) Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service, Group 'B'
22) Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Service, Group 'B'
23) Pondicherry Civil Service, Group 'B'
24) Pondicherry Police Service, Group 'B'

Number of attempts:

Four (4)attempts for general category, seven (7) for OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs.

Preliminary Examination:
Preliminary Exam is meant to serve as the screening stage/qualifying round only. The exam is held in the month of May every year and it consists of two objective type papers which carry a maximum of 400 marks in the following manner:
a) General Studies - 200 Marks & 2 hours in duration
b) Aptitude - 200 Marks & 2 hours in duration

Segments/portions of General Studies paper

General Studies, compulsory paper for all, comprises of six segments.

* Current events of national and international importance
* History of India and Indian National Movement
* Indian and World Geography - Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World.
* Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
* Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
* General issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change - that do not require subject specialization
* General Science

Segments of Aptitude paper:

* Comprehension
* Interpersonal skills including communication skills;
* Logical reasoning and analytical ability
* Decision making and problem solving
* General mental ability
* Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. -Class X level)
* English Language Comprehension skills (Class X level)
* Questions relating to English Language Comprehension skills of Class X level (last item in the Syllabus of Paper-II) will be tested through passages from English language only without providing Hindi translation thereof in the question paper.

Civil Services Mains Exam

The Main written examination comprises a total of nine (9) papers of two types:
a) 2 papers of non-ranking types
b) 7 papers of ranking type

Non-ranking Papers:

Two papers of non-ranking type include:

Paper I: Indian language, to be selected by the candidate out of languages included in the Eighth Schedule to the Constitution, and - 300 marks
Paper II: English, which is a compulsory paper - 300 marks

Ranking Papers:

Paper III: Essay - 200 marks
Paper IV & V: General Studies - 300 marks per paper
Paper VI, VII, VIII, IX: Two optional subjects with two papers each - 300 marks per paper

Segments/portions of General Studies paper:

There are 4 segments in GS paper 1:

a) History of Modern India & Indian culture
b) Geography of India
c) Constitution of India & Indian Polity
d) Current National Issues & Topics of Social Relevance

There are 5 segments in GS paper 2:

a) India & the World
b) India's Economic Interaction with the World
c) Developments in the field of Science & Technology, IT and Space
d) International Affairs & Institutions
e) Statistical Analysis, Graphs & Diagrams

List of optional subjects for Main Examination:

a) Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
b) Anthropology
c) Botany
d) Chemistry
e) Civil Engineering
f) Commerce and Accountancy
g) Economics
h) Electrical Engineering
i) Geography
j) Geology
k) History
l) Law
m) Management
n) Mathematics
o) Mechanical Engineering
p) Medical Science
q) Philosophy
r) Physics
s) Political Science and International Relations
t) Psychology
u) Pubic Administration
v) Sociology
w) Statistics
x) Zoology
y) Literature of one of the following languages:Arabic, Assamese, Bodo, Bengali, Dogri, Chinese, English, French, German, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Kashmiri, Konkani, Maithili, Malayalam, Manipuri, Marathi, Nepali, Oriya, Pali, Persian, Punjabi, Russian, Sanskrit, Santhali, Sindhi, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu.

Notes:

a) Candidates will not be allowed to offer the following combinations of subjects:

i) Political Science & International Relations and Public Administration
ii) Commerce & Accountancy and Management
iii) Anthropology and Sociology
iv) Mathematics and Statistics
v) Agriculture and Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
vi) Management and Public Administration
vii) Of the Engineering subjects, viz., Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering–not more than one subject
viii) Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science and Medical Science
b) The question papers for the examination will be of conventional (essay) type
c) Each paper will be of three hours duration. Blind candidates will, however be allowed an extra time of thirty minutes at each paper.

d) The question papers other than language papers will be set both in Hindi and English.

ALL THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

WITH REGARDS!!
GAURAV
28th November 2011, 07:48 PM
Unregistered

i m interested to give IAS exam plz can u tell me how many percentege are required in graduate degree to appear in this exam
24th December 2011, 08:37 PM
Unregistered

may i have any chance to write the main exam in tamil language
20th January 2012, 11:56 PM
Unregistered

i am 3rd yr b.e student.can i apply nw?
11th July 2012, 03:40 PM
Unregistered

please
give me some tips about prelims examination and which subject is required for this.....
11th July 2012, 07:04 PM
Useruuuuuu

The ias exam are held by upsc.you have tõ prepare very well for exam.
Thíp exam will includé
..CSat
..main written exam
..interview.

Go to delhi for coaching and prepare well.
12th July 2012, 04:21 AM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
HI!
I am happy to inform you that you are eligible for I.A.S after passing B.E(I.T).

I.A.S exam is conducted by U.P.C.S under civil services exam.

Other post under civil services exam are:-
> I.F.S
> I.P.S
> I.R.S
etc

The age limit for Civil services exam is 21-30 year for ST/SC candidate age limit is 21-37 year.

There is only 4 attempts is given for open category candidate.
And no limit for candidate belong to ST/SC category.

Regarding syllabus you have to select two optional subject and 25 subject.

List of optional subject:-

Agriculture
Mathematics
Animal Husbandry & Vetinary Science
Mechanical Engineering
Botany
Medical Science
Chemistry
Philosophy
Civil Engineering
Physics
Commerce
Political Science
Economics
Psychology
Electrical Engineering
Public Administration
Geography
Sociology
Geology
Statistics
Indian History
Zoology
Law

GOOD LUCK!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?