15th April 2012, 05:07 PM
Unregistered

How should I prepare for IAS entrance exam? How many exams it has? What is the pattern of the exam? Syllabus for the same?

I am doing my 2nd year B.E. now. I want to write I.A.S. exam. How should I prepare and when should I appear for the exam? How many exams it has and what is the pattern of the exam? What is the syllabus? And what is the physical fitness for I.A.S. post?

Related Questions:
  1. Exam pattern and Syllabus for IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing 1st year B.Sc?
  2. How to prepare for Entrance Exams for MCA course? What syllabus should I prepare for this? What will be the Exam pattern for this? Which Books are best choice for me to prepare for these Entrance Exams?
  3. Which Exams are being held for IAS? How to prepare for that Exam? Syllabus for that Exam?
  4. What is the new pattern of IAS Exam? Syllabus to prepare for this Exam?
  5. What is the syllabus and pattern of IAS exam?
  6. How to prepare for IAS exam? Books to be referred?
  7. IFS/IAS Exams Syllabus, Preparations Tips and Availability of IFS/IAS forms
  8. What will be the duration to become an IAS? Exam pattern and syllabus to prepare for this Exam?
  9. How to prepare for the chemistry entrance exam? How may I get the question paper pattern and syllabus for the same?
  10. Exam pattern of IAS exam? Procedure to get the application form? Eligibility Criteria of IAS exam?
  11. What to do after 12th board exam to become an IAS officer? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Exam pattern and syllabus for IAS entrance exam? I am a 4th year engineering student in ECE
  13. Syllabus, question paper and pattern for IAS?
  14. What should I do to clear IAS Exam? Which books to prepare for this Exam? Exam pattern for this Exam? How to start preparation for this Exam?
  15. Full information about IAS syllabus? Which is the entrance exam? I am in 3rd year B.Tech in CSE stream
  16. Exam Pattern and Syllabus for M.Sc Nursing Entrance Exam? Which subjects should I prepare for the Entrance Exam?
  17. Syllabus of PCSJ and IAS? How to prepare for the exam?
  18. How can I prepare for CSAT and mains exam? -- [New]
20th April 2012, 08:46 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How should I prepare for IAS entrance exam? How many exams it has? What is the pattern of the exam? Syllabus for the same?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am doing my 2nd year B.E. now. I want to write I.A.S. exam. How should I prepare and when should I appear for the exam? How many exams it has and what is the pattern of the exam? What is the syllabus? And what is the physical fitness for I.A.S. post?

IAS Stands for Indian Administrative Service Examination and this examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission.

This examination is divided into 2 stages :- 1)Preliminary 2)Main 3)Personal Interview .

Preliminary Exam is consist of two papers and both the papers are objective type questions . Main Exam is consist of nine papers and there is two optional papers of Main examination . The candidate should have a clear all the levels of Civil Service examination . Mostly preliminary notification will be publish in the month of February in the official website and Main exam notification will be publish in the month of October in the official website as well as employment news papers.

Preliminary Pattern :-
---------------------------------

Preliminary Exam Paper I: 200 Marks - 2 Hours
  • Current Events of National and International Importance
  • History of India and Indian National Movement
  • Indian and World Geography - Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the world
  • Indian Polity and Governance - Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues
  • Economic and Social Development - Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives
  • General Issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change
  • General Science

Preliminary Exam Paper II: 200 marks - 2 Hours
  • Comprehension
  • Interpersonal skills including communication skills
  • Logical reasoning and analytical ability
  • Decision-making and problem solving
  • General mental ability
  • Basic numeracy (Class X level)
  • English language comprehension (Class X level)

Main exam Pattern :-
---------------------

Minimum Qualification to apply for this examination is graduate degree with any desire subject of a recognized University or equivalent qualification and those who are pursing in the final year of degree course may also eligible to apply but pre-final year of degree course may not eligible to apply for Civil Service Examination .

Age must have attained minimum 21 years and maximum 30 years and upper age limits is exits as per Government rules . 5 years relaxation for SC/ST category and 3 years relaxation for OBC category .

This year notification was already published and last date for receipt application was already closed . So you can't apply for this examination .

More details , Visit the official website :- Click here !!!
20th April 2012, 11:14 PM
Ravikanth2027
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How should I prepare for IAS entrance exam? How many exams it has? What is the pattern of the exam? Syllabus for the same?

IAS details :

Eligibility :

Educational Qualification :
Candidates must be graduate in any stream under university
Citizen of India
Age limit :
min of 21 years & Max of 30 years for General
Max of 33 years for OBC
Max of 35 years for SC/ST

IAS Exam consists of Preliminary & Mani Exam
Preliminary Exam consists of objective type questions
Syllabus :
It consists of Two papers
No of questions 200
duration : 2hrs

Paper I :
Current affairs
indian political system
general science
history of india

Paper II:

logical reasoning
analytical ability
decision making & problem solving
general mental ability
numerical ability
English language

Main Exam consists of written exam
it includes questions of 200 marks
IAS main Exams consists of general science paper of 600 marks
Two optional papers of 600 marks each & Eassy paper of 200 marks
Duration : 3hrs

http://static.upscportal.com/images/...-Pre-Image.gif
6th May 2012, 12:08 AM
Unregistered

I'm doing 2nd year B.tech. How should I prepare and when should I appear for I.A.S. exam? What is the physical fitness for I.A.S. post?
17th December 2012, 12:25 PM
Unregistered

what is minimum passing for IAS ENTRENCE ?????
4th February 2013, 03:01 PM
Unregistered

NOW I,M PURSUING B.TECH (ITNFORMATION TECHNOLOGY) IN 3RD YEAR... WHAT ARE QUALIFICATIONS AND PRIMILINARIES..
4th February 2013, 11:09 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
HI!
I am happy to inform you that you are eligible for Civil Services after passing B.E.

I.A.S exam is also called as Civil Services exam.

Civil Services exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year.

Civil Services exam is conducted for other post like:-
> Indian Administrative Services
> Indian Police Services
> Indian Foreign Services
> Indian Revenue Services
> Indian Postal Services
etc

In I.A.S exam there are three stage Of selection:-
> PRELIMS EXAM
> MAINS EXAM
> INTERVIEW
> MEDICAL EXAM(FOR I.P.S)

In prelims exam:-
> General Studies
> Civil Services Aptitude Test

In mains exam:-
> > General Studies
> > Two optional subject chose by you.

List of option subject:-
Agriculture
Management
Animal Husbandry & Vetinary Science
Mathematics
Anthropology
Mechanical Engineering
Botany
Medical Science
Chemistry
Philosophy
Civil Engineering
Physics
Commerce & Accountancy
Political Science & International Relations
Economics
Psychology
Electrical Engineering
Public Administration
Geography
Sociology
Geology
Statistics
Indian History
Zoology
Law

all the best!
16th February 2013, 10:18 AM
Unregistered

If I will finishing a graduate in Education subject. I would like to apply IAS so, is there any problem?
18th February 2013, 11:12 AM
Unregistered

how many marks need to Qualifi the ias exam ?
26th February 2013, 09:55 PM
bhawnarattan
Senior Member+

Quote:
To prepare yourself for the exam here are some basic tips:
1.Read newspaper daily.
2.Study ncert books class 6th till 10th.
3.Prepare aptitude from RS aggarwal.
4.Read some good GK books.
5.Practice some good english books.
6.prepare notes for difficult topics.
7.Concetrate more on General Studies.
8.never skip your studies.
9.Study daily for 6-7 hrs.
10.Work Hard.

For syllabus you can visit www.upsconline.nic.in

And the physical fitness includes:

Male height ::165 cms
Female height ::155 cms

And weight should be proportional to height.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?