26th August 2012, 06:15 PM
Unregistered

Future of Mechanical Engineer in IT industry?

Dear Sir,

I am a Mechanical Engineer placed in an IT company, what would be my future in that company, will I be treated in equality to the CS , ECE students in terms of promotions, Onsite,Growth etc Or the Mechanical engineers are just treated as the backward ones in the IT industry .

pls pls help me.

Related Questions:
  1. Project Engineer job in Core Industry after Mechanical engineering? -- [New]
  2. Requirements for freshers to get jobs in Core Companies?
  3. Is the future of mechanical engineer good in US?
  4. Bank loans and government assistance for a new Entrepreneur? Which Industry is best for Mechanical engineer? Details about bank loan?
  5. Can I join in Automobile industry after passing mechanical engineering?
  6. It is good to join IT course or should I go for ECE?
  7. Will there any bad effect on my career in future while changing field? I am chemical engineering student and got selected in one of the reputed IT industry
  8. What is the procedure to do MS mechanical if I am a mechanical engineer
  9. What's the future of electrical and mechanical engineer in IT companies? Are they spoiling their carrier by doing so?
  10. What should I opt for my PG either go for MCA or M.Sc IT? I am working as a system engineer in a IT industry. I completed my graduation with History Hons.
  11. Government Jobs available for ECE students after completing degree?
  12. Is there any institute in Delhi for aeronautical or aerospace engineering under AIEEE and IIT's colleges?
  13. Job opportunities for B.E. Mechanical Engineer?
  14. Can I get a job in Automobile Company after doing B.E with 61%?
  15. What is the difference between production engineer and mechanical engineer?
  16. Is B.Tech degree through distance valuable enough?
  17. Working in EPC company as a Production Planning Engineer and want to shift to teaching profession : Is my decision good? Future scope of a lecturer?
  18. Is it easy for electrical engineers to get software jobs in IT industry? -- [Most Discussed]
20th January 2014, 09:15 PM
DIVYAMME

Thumbs up Re: Future of Mechanical Engineer in IT industry?

Dear friend,
Don't be afraid,you have bright future with your branch.If you try for designing field of your mechanical branch.You have many chances and you can equally get oppourtunities
21st January 2014, 02:52 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Future of Mechanical Engineer in IT industry?

Dear Friend,
It all depends on 2 factors - a. Which domain/platform you are placed in & b. Do you get interest in it.
For 1st question, if you are placed in domains like Design softwares (mechanical design), you will feel it much related to your field. Also if you are placed in functionals of SAP or any other ERP, it is relevent to Manufacturing/production verticals & you will be familier with. So check those opportunities in your company.
For 2nd part, if you are interested in any of the software you are working, should not be an issue. Hence first check which field are you really interested in.

I'm myself a mechanical engg., having worked in manufacturing & now in IT (SAP domain).

Hope that helps.
Anurag.
21st January 2014, 03:00 PM
@aap

Default Re: Future of Mechanical Engineer in IT industry?

Dear Friend,
2 things are important - 1. Which software domain you are placed in & 2. Are you interested in it.
For 1st part, if you get a software like design (e.g. CATIA or other mechanical design wares), you should be comfortable. Also, if you get placed in any of the ERP like SAP, you are in touch with you mechanical stream.
Secondly, if you get interest in any s/w, there is no issue.

I'm also a mech engg, having worked in manufacturing and now in IT (SAP).
Hope this helps.
@aap.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?