25th December 2017, 04:14 PM
Vishy Vish

Is it a good decision to opt M.Sc Food Nutrition and Technology after B.Sc Biotechnology? Syllabus and subjects of the course?

I am in B.Sc biotechnology course now. And i want to opt for M.Sc food nutrition and technology. So i need to have advice on my decision and some clarity about the syllabus and what would be the general practical courses for that subject?

Related Questions:
  1. How to do MSc Food Technology? I have completed BSc Nutrition and Dietetics
  2. M.Sc in Food Technology is possible after B.Sc in Nutrition & Food Technology? What are career opportunities after that?
  3. Which is better MSc biotechnology or MSc food technology?
  4. Can I study MSc(Food Technology) after completing BSc(Food, Nutrition and Dietetics) course? -- [New]
  5. What are the subjects to take in M.Sc coaching for doing a masters in nutrition?
  6. B.Sc in Nutrition and Food Science graduate can do M.Sc in Food Technology?
  7. List of best training institutes to prepare for M.Sc Nutrition entrance exam?
  8. Am I eligible to get admission in M.Sc food science and technology?
  9. M.Sc in Nutrition and Dietetics after B.Sc with Bio-technology, microbiology and chemistry? Scope and good colleges in Hyderabad? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Eligibility for doing M.Sc Food Technology course in CFTRI?
  11. Can I do MSc in food and nutrition after doing BSc in Biotechnology? In which colleges are these courses available?
  12. Should I go for M.Sc in Food and Nutrition if done B.Sc in Home Science?
  13. Eligibility to study MSc(Food Science and Nutrition) for BSc(Agriculture) student?
  14. Can I do masters in food technology after completing BSc Nursing
  15. Can I study PhD(Food Technology) through UGC-NET being a Food Science & Technology postgraduate?
  16. Which M.Sc post graudation course is better between forensic science and food nutrition?
  17. Which subject to choose in post graduation between Biotechnology and Food Technology?
  18. Am I eligible for M.Sc in Food and Nutrition?

25th December 2017, 07:53 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Is it a good decision to opt M.Sc Food Nutrition and Technology after B.Sc Biotechnology? Syllabus and subjects of the course?

Yes, M.SC in food nutrition and technology curse is good option for you after completing B.SC in biotechnology, because M.SC in food nutrition and technology course helps you to make your career in employment areas like Hotels, Sports clubs, FMCG companies, Hospitals, Private clinics, Restaurants. Here below are details regarding post graduation degree in food nutrition and technology course:-

- Minimum qualification required to apply for M.SC food nutrition and technology course is B.SC in food and nutrition/biotechnology/food science/food technology from government recognized institute with minimum 50% marks obtained.

- Some of reputed institute also conduct entrance exam for M.SC food nutrition and technology course to admit eligible candidates for post graduation degree course.

- Duration of M.SC food nutrition and technology course is 2 years which are subdivided into 4 semesters.

Syllabus for M.SC Food Nutrition and Technology Course:-

Major Theory Subjects for Semester I:-

• Statics and computer applications.
  • Advanced nutritional biochemistry and instrumentation I.
  • Principles of food science.
  • Advanced human nutrition I.
Major Practical Subjects for Semester I:-
  • Advanced Nutritional biochemistry.
  • Principles of food science.
  • Advanced human nutrition.

Theory Subjects for Semester II:-

Food science Research methods.

Food microbiology and safety.

Advanced human nutrition II.

Practical Subject for Semester II:-
  • Food microbiology and food safety.
  • Advanced nutritional biochemistry and instrumentation.

Subject for Semester III:-
  • Therapeutic nutrition.
  • Public nutrition.
  • Institutional food management.

Practical Subjects for Semester III:-
  • Institutional food management.
  • Public health nutrition.
  • Food processing.

Theory Subjects for Semester IV:-
  • Advanced Clinical nutrition.
  • Challenges in clinical nutrition.
  • Entrepreneurship in food services.
  • Public health aspects.
  • Nutritional communication for food promotion.

Practical Subjects for Semester IV:-
  • Programmes and policies for food and nutrition security and communication.
  • Public health aspects of malnutrition.
  • Dissertation.

26th December 2017, 10:02 AM
ravinayadav256

Default Re: Is it a good decision to opt M.Sc Food Nutrition and Technology after B.Sc Biotechnology? Syllabus and subjects of the course?

Yes of course you can choose M.Sc Nutrition and technology after B.Sc biotechnology.It has good scope.

Eligibility for M.Sc Food nutrition and technology;-

Student must have passed bachelor's degree B.Sc(Chemistry,biotechnology,botany,microbiology,a griculture) with minimum 50% aggregate marks from a recognized university.

Syllabus for M.SC Food Nutrition and Technology Course:-

Sem 1:-

Food chemistry
Food microbiology
Principles of food processing and preservation
Principles of food engineering
Lab-1(Food microbiology)
Lab 2(Food preservation)

Sem-2

Unit operation in food processing
Diary technology
Programme elective
Technology of fruits and vegetables
Lab-3(Diary technology)
Lab-4(Fruit and vegetables analysis)

Sem-3

Technology of meat ,fish and poultry
Technology of cereals
In-plant training
Lab-5(Chemistry and technology of cereals)

Sem-4

Seminar
Research project
Programme elective 3

Job profiles:-

Technical brewer
Food technologist
Retail buyer
Dietician
Purchasing manager
Laboratory supervisor

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?