13th May 2017, 11:02 PM
Divya gupta k

Is it good to drop after passing 12 in this competitive world

Is it good for me to drop this year and prepare for iit jee 2018. I qualified Jee main, but not by good marks. Please, reply what I do as early as possible.

14th May 2017, 02:55 AM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it good to drop after passing 12 in this competitive world

You can drop after passing 12th standard to join any coaching institute for preparing JEE entrance exam. But once you decide to take a drop, then you shall be firm on your decision and shall study with mammoth determination. After taking a drop for preparing JEE entrance exam, you may follow some of below mentioned tips for scoring good marks:
  1. Be regular in study.
  2. Practice previous papers as much as you can.
  3. Practice with time limits as prescribed in the exam.
  4. Make short notes for revision at the time of final exams.
  5. Take care of your health also.
14th May 2017, 02:55 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

Yes, you can take a break of one year for the preparations of IIT JEE. But you have work really hard to crack this exam. IIT exam is not easy and you have to study 7 to 8 hours daily. If you are sure that you can work hard and crack this exam then definitely it will be good to drop one year after 12th. Thanks
15th May 2017, 07:57 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Yes, there are many toppers of Joint Entrance Examination who have taken one year gap to prepare well for Joint Entrance Exam Main and Advanced and then clear it with good rank.

Academic gap will not bother you if you are able to secure good rank in JEE 2018. Your should work hard and practice as much as possible to crack this exam. Determination is key to success.
15th May 2017, 08:14 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

If you are really interested to study well further and wish to secure good marks in JEE Examination again, then I suggest you to prepare very well strongly this year too by taking Long term coaching. Yes, if you are really interested in studies and willing to get seat in top Engineering college then going for Long term coaching spending 1 year on this is the recommended option for you.

Once you secure good marks in Entrance Examination, then you may get chance to study further very well and there will be a high possibility for you to get job opportunities. In general, there will be less number of job opportunities on the basis of 12th Class qualification. So I suggest you to under go 1 year coaching if you are really interested in studies and then do bachelor degree after completion of 12th Class in order to find better job opportunities.
15th May 2017, 09:32 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Every student is known to their capability. If you have confidence on yourself then only you should drop for preparation. You must have to labour hard to achieve goal.
15th May 2017, 09:39 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

If you have determination to crack Joint Entrance examination then one year gap does not matter. What you need to promise yourself that you are going to utilize this one year for preparation with full devotion and determination.

With that preparation, you can easily crack both stages of JEE to get admission in top engineering college called Indian Institute of Technology.
15th May 2017, 10:56 PM
ranu shahi

It will depend upon you to drop one year or not after passing 12th. If you are confident to crack IIT JEE in 2018 and also interested in it then you can drop one year, it is not bad.But if you are not confident then i suggest you to not drop one year and try other field.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?