21st May 2012, 10:47 PM
Unregistered

Should I drop to take admission in IIT after passing 12th?

i have given class 12 exam in 2012....i am getting NITs but my own wish is to get in IIT. so please help weather i should drop or take addmission in NIT AND PLEASE SEND ME RANKING LIST OF NITS??????
please reply i m totally confused now....

22nd May 2012, 10:09 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I drop to take admission in IIT after passing 12th?

It completely depends on what options you are expecting this year through AIEEE.
If you score very well in AIEEE and you get options of admission in the engineering
branch of your choice in top NITs like
NIT Trichy, Warangal and BIT Mesra then you should go for admission in these institution.

If you are very much determined to get into an IIT then you should definitely drop
one year.

The benefits of taking up second chance (i.e., dropping) are;
-You could try your best to get admission into IITs.
-You will never regret leaving the second chance.

There are few demerits of taking up second chance (i.e., dropping) which are;
-Many MNCs prefer fresher students only.
-Due to lack of confidence some students give up in the midway and this results
worse performance in both IIT-JEE and AIEEE than previous year performance.

If you have strong will power and confidence in your hard work then there is no
need of thinking about demerits of dropping.
26th August 2012, 12:06 PM
Unregistered

sir i recently pass my 12th from NIOS from delhi i wish to go for aeronautical engeneering in iit delhi so can i get admission i score 94% marks in 12th from nios so can i get admisson in iit after pass 12 from nios
5th September 2012, 08:06 PM
surajm093

Smile Re: Should I drop to take admission in IIT after passing 12th?

It completely depends on your choice of interest . If you score very well in AIEEE and you get options of admission in the engineering
branch of your choice in top NITs like
NIT Trichy, Warangal MNIT Jaipur etc then you should go for admission in these institution.

If you are very much determined to get into an IIT then you should definitely drop
one year.

The benefits of taking up second chance (i.e., dropping) are;
-You could try your best to get admission into IITs.
-You will never regret leaving the second chance.
If you have strong will power and confidence in your hard work then there is no
need of thinking about demerits of dropping.
But according to me if you know that you will study hard, then you should drop else not.
thanks
28th September 2012, 08:23 PM
Unregistered

can i take a drop after 12 th pass in new jee format
31st December 2012, 11:30 AM
Unregistered

Sir/Mam,
i am in 10 std now.most of the coaching classes will begin soon after our final exam.i personally desire to go for IIT but i dont understand whether i am capable or not.should i take the risk of opting for IIT? because the success rate in IIT is 1 in 50.
i score more than 85% in every school exam but is that sufficient for testing my ability? should i do an I.Q test?
31st December 2012, 05:05 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Should I drop to take admission in IIT after passing 12th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i have given class 12 exam in 2012....i am getting NITs but my own wish is to get in IIT. so please help weather i should drop or take addmission in NIT AND PLEASE SEND ME RANKING LIST OF NITS??????
Hi

It really seems that you are concerned.. But I would guide you a bit on my behalf. See we all know that the IIT's are the top most colleges in India specially in the technical B.Tech and M.Tech studies. So there are many many students country wide who wish to take part in the exam IIT JEE and then try their luck and knowledge for the IIT's.

BUT to be frank, honest and true not everybody can get through the IIT's as they are extremely trough to crack and the seats are very very less. Thus then at that point of time people start thinking what you are going through now. There are two options :-

TAKE UP ANY COLLEGE THAT YOU ARE GETTING
DROP A YEAR

I would completely recommend that you TAKE UP ANY GOOD AVAILABLE COLLEGE THAT YOU ARE GETTING IN THE NIT's. This is because, you would well know that the NIT's are the National Institute of Technology which are also one of the most reputed colleges in the technical branch..
This is because presently you are in your flow with your studies, but after a year there are very few chances that you can crack the IIT JEE. Instead most of the times the performance goes down..

Instead if you want to do IIT that badly, then take up the college and study it for 1 year. But side by side you should be preparing for the IIT JEE. That way you would be playing it safe. If you can crack it, then you can leave the present college and join the IIT that you are getting it. But in case you do not, then you can continue studying in that college only..

IIT JEE grants only 2 consecutive attempts for its applicants. So you have one last attempt left. Whatever you do in the end, whatever you decide just give it your best attempt..

Hope this helps
All the best
Regards
RANJEET
31st December 2012, 05:12 PM
Ankur.Sunny

Quote:
Sir/Mam,
i am in 10 std now.most of the coaching classes will begin soon after our final exam.i personally desire to go for IIT but i dont understand whether i am capable or not.should i take the risk of opting for IIT? because the success rate in IIT is 1 in 50.
i score more than 85% in every school exam but is that sufficient for testing my ability? should i do an I.Q test?
See, if your ambition is engineering, there is nothing best than IITs in India where there are best faculties, best infrastructure and best placements. The IITians are those who are respected the most and are called to be the higher minded in the society they are living.
As now you are doing 10th, you should better try for the best coaching institutes where you can have the better preparation for IIT examination. You can try for scholarship tests taken for the admission in the good coaching institutes.
31st December 2012, 07:18 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Should I drop to take admission in IIT after passing 12th?

Quote:

Whether To Drop or To Take Admissions

The final decision is totally upto you but I personally feel that you shouldn't drop a year..

However, I am not discouraging you to prepare for the next year's IIT-JEE..you should definitely go for pursuing your dream but rather than dropping a year by sitting at home..you should take admission to any of the good NITs..

There is a big reason and lot of personal experience involved behind my words..

I have seen my friends who did score well in the first attempt but rejected the opportunity just because they wanted to go for more..

But, they fared pathetically in the 2nd attempt weren't even able to get what they were getting in their 1st attempt..

The feeling is really heart wrenching and I don't want you to go through the same..

I am not saying that droppers don't do well..they definitely do..but the percentage of people who drop n do well is very less as compared to those who crack it in the first attempt..

A lot of factors are responsible for this..

First of all..the mind gets stale and the biggest hurdle is to study all those books again..

You might be ready for attempting as many questions but you would never like to prepare again rebuild your concepts..

Then there is family pressure and tensions..parents thinking what you would do and why didn't you take admission to the NITs when they are such good colleges..

You wouldn't like to interact with people much as everyone who would meet would ask the same question "So, what are you doing these days" and seeing their faces after listening to your answer..you will feel irritated all the more..

It requires an immense amount of patience combined with hard work and resilience to overcome all these factors and score well..

trust me..its much better to take admission right now and continue with your preparations rather than to repent later when the milk is spilled..

Moreover..the first year syllabus is entirely that of your 12th..if you have prepared well for your IIT-JEE and AIEEE then you will feel no pressure of the 1st year at all..

You can opt for the best NITs among NIT Trichy, Warangal, Allahabad, Jallandhar, Rourkela or you can also go for BITS Mesra or Punjab Engineering College..

This is just a personal opinion..you can do whatever you wish to..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
31st December 2012, 11:22 PM
ankima
Senior Member+

Quote:
Dear,

You are lucky as you are getting a NIT college in your first attempt. If your rank is good so that you can get top NIT college then only go for it or else you can try next time if you wish for IITs. Life is one and you must give yourself at least a chance. And if your first attempt can get you NIT i am sure with little more effort you can make through IITs.

But its all about your own capability and trust in yourself which only you knows better. According to me if you get top NIT college then don't go for a drop and don't lose the chance.

Ranking of NIT colleges are as follows:
  1. National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirapalli (NIT-T)
  2. National Institute of Technology, Warangal (NIT-W)
  3. National Institute of Technology (NIT) Surathkal
  4. MNNIT Allahabad - Motilal Nehru National Institute Of Technology (MNNIT-A)
  5. National Institute of Technology, Rourkela (NIT-R)
  6. National Institute of Technology Calicut (NITC)
  7. National Institute of Technology Jamshedpur (NIT-J)
  8. National Institute of Technology, Durgapur (NIT-D)
  9. Dr B R Ambedkar National Institute of Technology
  10. National Institute of Technology Raipur (NIT-R)
  11. National Institute of Technology- Kurukshetra (NIT)
  12. National Institute of Technology, Hamirpur (NIT-H)
  13. National Institute of Technology, Srinagar (NIT)
  14. National Institute of Technology, Agartala (NIT)
  15. MNIT Jaipur - Malaviya National Institue of Technology
  16. National Institute of Technology Silchar (NIT Silchar)

Best of luck!
1st January 2013, 08:25 AM
Unregistered

I have passed 10th in 2010 and willappear12th in 2013 how many chances i will have for iit?
9th January 2013, 10:18 PM
end of query
Senior Member+

If you think that you can give at least 4-5 hours of sitting(except coaching), and you have the capability to get into the most prominent institutes of India IIT, then you can drop for one year. But if you think even a single second that you won't be able to get through it, then you shouldn't. Because admission in IITs is one of the most tedious job and one should have to undergo with a very stiff competition in order to seek a place in IIT.
Gud luck
5th July 2013, 11:05 AM
Unregistered

Sir, I am student from uttarakhand. Sir, I got 31878 rank in main & got 112 marks in advanced. I am getting G.B. Pant college of engineering and agriculture in pantnagar and branch of my preference. Sir, I am confused about whether to go for drop or taking admission this year.
5th July 2013, 02:21 PM
Unregistered

I have got about 10,000 rank in jee adv. And 9000 in jee main . Whether i should drop or take admission ?
6th August 2013, 07:34 PM
Unregistered

I had my first attemt for jee this year. I passed my 12th class exmas with 88%. I am willing to go for engineering. I prefer DTU or NSIT but due to lack of preperation i got poor rank in this attempt. But shoul i say luckily i got admission in University of Delhi(Maharaja Agrasen College) in new FYUP in B.tech computer Science. But i came to know that this degree is not AICTE approved, i.e. i won't get a proper engineering or technical degree. just an equivalent one. Now i am having second thougths. I really want to pursue engineering. I want to drop and I am willing to work for that. I think I will crack DTU or NSIT. Should i drop this year..? Suggestions would be very helpful. Thank you
26th May 2014, 07:55 PM
Unregistered

I got 113
in mains 2014...I know I could have done a lot better...never thought of any thing except iit ..gt 230in bits and 94
%in isc..I am willing to work harder ans rectify my mistakes)..given my studies were unplanned and random..
I knw.I. can make it in2015..want ti drop..
3rd July 2014, 01:19 AM
Unregistered

i hv got 73 % in cbse boards and 60 marks in jee 2014 i hv qualified in eamcet but not with good rank should i drop and join narayana they will teach 12 hrs ti now i have not taken any coaching for boards or iit my 11 basics are not clear can i crack jee in 2015
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?