21st September 2010, 07:21 PM
vignesh8

Government Jobs: Benefits and Drawbacks

Hi this is Vicky.Many of us are thinking how to Settle in our life.So essentially,it is a need of a Good Job.Here only my confussion starts.
In private sector still there is no Security for the Job,also working time is more.
So for that reason many of us are searching for the Govt Job..'

Am i right??????

If it is true can i apply for Govt Job?
What and all the Benifits available in Govt Jobs?
Is there any Drawbacks???
Is any issues related to this.....Please kindly Send me your ideas...
Waiting for the Reply...

Thank You,

23rd September 2010, 12:22 AM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Government Jobs: Benefits and Drawbacks

Well Vicky,a very warm welcome in this forum .now as regarding your confusion,first of all my dear you have neither mention your qualification nor that in which field your interest lies . though there are so many pros & cons of each field.the main thing lies that how reputed your post is ?If we are at a higher level than ther is no question of security arises.as in the pvt sector ,there are so many opportunities waiting for you.So its better for one to first become a good and experienced employee and then choose a sector in which he wants to work.
24th September 2010, 12:06 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

Benefits in Government Jobs is given below

1.job stability.

2.less job pressure.

Drawbacks in Government Jobs is given below

1.to get a promotion it is a time taking matter.

2.salary is comparatatively low.
24th September 2010, 01:44 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

You have not mentioned your qualification, which would have helped giving you a more direct reply.

Ads of vacancies in the public sector usually come in the paper and on the net with all requirements such as qualification, and work experience needed mentioned. The application form or the application procedure will also be there in the advertisement.

When talking about benefits, I think the one thing that needs to be mentioned is that unlike in the private sector, a govt job once attained remains to be yours until retirement or till you choose to resign. Work pressure and peer pressure is less. Your work experience or the length of service in your job determines your promotion. Pension is another attractive factor in the public sector.

It is true that you will not have a job security, as you mentioned, in the private sector. But the salary you receive in this case would be higher than that you would get in a govt job.
16th October 2010, 12:33 AM
kool
Senior Member++

dear friend,

There are so many positive points for government jobs as:
job security, job stability,less job burden etc.

& i think there are no any negative point in government job, since after sixth pay commission, salary has increased almost twice.
So salary is not less in government job.

So, i suggest you to always prefer government job on private job.

good luck.
16th October 2010, 12:48 AM
teeks
Senior Member+

there is lots benifits of the governments jobs like
constant salary
permanent job
low work load
high facility and promotions
good identity in the society
6th commision
panssion after retirement
medical facility
and many more dear all the best
16th October 2010, 12:58 AM
aotiwari

Advantage of government job is you dont have to work more.
There are ten people appointed for one job.
Also there is lot of security, your children can directly get a job there.

Best Of luck
16th October 2010, 12:59 AM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

Smile Re: Government Jobs: Benefits and Drawbacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by vignesh8 View Post
Hi this is Vicky.Many of us are thinking how to Settle in our life.So essentially,it is a need of a Good Job.Here only my confussion starts.
In private sector still there is no Security for the Job,also working time is more.
So for that reason many of us are searching for the Govt Job..'

Am i right??????

If it is true can i apply for Govt Job?
What and all the Benifits available in Govt Jobs?
Is there any Drawbacks???
Is any issues related to this.....Please kindly Send me your ideas...
Waiting for the Reply...

Thank You,
dear friend,

govt jobs are secure and have an power to the administration and drawback is they are very old technology user.

good luck.
16th October 2010, 01:27 AM

i think there are no any brawbacks in any government jobs. ther are lots of benefits:-
so benefits are - life- time stability of job and after retirement also there are lots of services are given by govt. job as pension . fixed time , no extra work needed , no overload.
16th October 2010, 02:15 AM
Nucleusdev

Government job is better than private.it have a accurate time of working and salary are also better
16th October 2010, 10:03 AM
poplu13
Senior Member+

Hi Vicky !!

answering to your 1st question..Every one who is a citizen of india is eligible to apply for Govt. Jobs

secondly ,
benefits of govt. jobs are
1 . Job security
2 . salary at right time
3 . usually complemented with bonus and perks
4 . Honour and respect

Drawbacks

1 . May not have job satisfaction(depends upon your choice)
2 . Preoccupied

These are just brief guidelines that will surely help you...

Good luck !!
16th October 2010, 11:53 AM
mettalrose

Dear vignesh8,
The debate between the government and private sector has been going on for ages and to choose between the two, one needs to analyze their own personal characteristics and preferences because both the sectors and drastically opposite to each other. I shall try to list the merits and de-merits of both so that you would be able to choose wisely.

GOVERNMENT SECTOR

1) Job Stability - The most sought after trait for people who prefer government jobs is that once they get recruited it is virtually impossible to get fired untill and unless and employee does something drastically inappropriate (like get involved in a criminal case etc).

2) Less pressure - An employee can work according to their own whims and fancies with very little pressure or targets to achieve.

3) Promotion - This however is a drawback in this sector as promotion is mostly time-specific rather than skill-specific here. People who have been working for a long time and have good contacts are usually preferred for promotion and not necessarily the ones with good skills.

4)Transfers - Forced transfers to different states are very rare for governmental employees.

5)Income - This is one of the biggest drawbacks in the government sectors as even after the revision of salaries recently, the pay packages of a government employee do not match upto that of a private sector employee.

6) Work Environment - The work environment in a government office is usually very relaxed and uncompetitive with hardly and stimulation for improvement.

PRIVATE SECTOR

1)Competition - Here, targets have to be achieved at every stage and job appraisals and evaluations are done regularly and they determine a persons promotion and increase in salary. Seniority or networking have nothing to do with it.

2) Pay packages - These are high as compared to government employees and are the main reasons why people choose private sector.

3) No Job Security - There is no job security in a private firm and a person can be fired any time if there is any sort of irregularity in his work.

4) Work environment - Multi national corporations usually have a very stimulating and interactive work environment which might be a little tiring but has various recreational events from time to time for an employees satisfaction.

5) Global exposure - Such companies usually offer their employees opportunities work globally while this is not the case in government firms.

Hence overall a person who wants to lead a comfortable life with less pressures or responsibilities ,is willing to sacrifice a little on income and has no inclination towards the thrills and excitements of meeting deadlines or global interaction should definitely choose the government sector.

On the other hand, a person for whom salary, skill building and a stimulating work environment are essential and work pressures and responsibilities are not an issue should definitely choose the private sector.

I hope this helped you vignesh8,
Sincerely,
mettalrose
16th October 2010, 11:55 AM
Bebith

Thumbs up Re: Government Jobs: Benefits and Drawbacks

benefits:this is most suitable for the graduated persons otherwise it won't help.....
drawbacks:workers do the work neatly then only their work is valuable
16th October 2010, 12:22 PM
soulstirrer

hello vicky, as you have not mentioned your age and qualifications so it will be difficult to say that whether you can get a job.but moreover a job depends on our own satisfaction. If you think of safe and secure life then the govt. sector will be the best.Forms are out for various posts so keep filling them.Best of luck.
16th October 2010, 02:07 PM
nillu
Senior Member+

every side of the coin has both the dark side and the bright side.
It depends on us which affects us more the dark or the bright, same is the case with government jobs too. som of the benefits of this particular job are
1. Due to 6th pay commission it has became high salary job

2. No any hectic schedule.

3. No fear of lossing the job due to poor performance.

4. Social status.

5.Security for future etc

The negative are very less at present time
1. less opportunity to use your inner talent

2. nothing creative can be done.

3. Boring schedule

4.Office Politics and flattery is there
16th October 2010, 06:21 PM
tuhinroy

I think there is almost no drawbacks in govt. job.
But also i think if you are in a high or good position in the private sector then there is no question of security. And also salaries are high in this case compared to the govt. jobs.
Another point it is sometimes found that it is possible to do another work along with doing private jobs. But this is not possible in case of govt. jobs. Sometimes in Govt. jobs you will feel lazy & you will become unsocial which we do not want.
17th October 2010, 10:37 AM
helpmaster

There are a lot of benefits which government jobs provide.They are
....Job security
....good reputaion in the socity
... good salary.
.....No heavy work load.

drawback is that the boring work with no any new things to do.
Not much use of the talent
18th October 2010, 06:32 AM
helpmaster

Government jobs are governmnet jobs only.
No any tension and you can work here according to your own conditions without much burden with handsome salary and good facility
18th October 2010, 07:09 AM
BALAJI K

Cool Re: Government Jobs: Benefits and Drawbacks

There will be a lot of benefits in goverment job
Good attractive salary
job security
6th pay comission
high salary
PFA
Allowances
Insurance
2nd September 2011, 08:55 PM
Unregistered

after completed my course either i join for higher studies because my aim is to get govt job for that i need PG degree or this degree is enough,i have confusion that whether i go for higher studies or prepare for govt job
1st November 2011, 03:27 PM
Unregistered

Hellow Friends !!

I want to share my condition for life survival : I m in private sector (NCR Area) drawing 70 k with 15 yrs exp. Now got Govt offer with Pakage 23 K on my base education as Civil engineer (Dip.) .I have completed MBA in 2010 and has good sign to get high level job . Should I join Govt. Sector? . Govt Job offer me near by 70 km from station to my home . I went to see that department working culture and disappointed. They would be provide me Rs.2100/- for House rent even there 1 bhk rent is Rs.5000/-.
My local frnds seems govt job a great offer for life time. But failing to decide what should I do ?? whn I consider following points :-

1. Schooling standards for my child.
2. House Rent (1000/- on 70K) or (5000/- on 23K)
3.Working Standard ( Laptop on 70K ) or (Hand written on 23K)
4. Society
5. Future Aspect ( fear of recession on 70K) or (safe on 23 K)
6. Medical (Safe in Medical policy for 70K ) or (safe in Govt policy)
7. Achievement (More in Private) , (Slow approx 10 to 15 yrs in Govt )
8. Salary ( Can use by paying tax in 70 ) (Can't show extra income)
9.Self Respect ( Facilities you gain appreciated with your hard work in 70 ) (in 23K Facilities you gain attached your over income).
10. My govt Employee friends got increment from 15K to 23 K (difference 7K in last 5 yrs job due to sixth pay) I got 23 K to 70 in 5yrs in NCR.

Above mentioned factors made my mind to move towards Private Sector. But due to some emotional facts I had 30% appreciation with Govt. Job.
But Now I have made my mind to move with 70 . As " Jindgi mein Money jyada important hai. Woe Hogi tabhi to Life Chalege theek thaak." Govt Job k saath agr koi side business kiya bhee jaye to bhee money chahiye hee. Aur uske liye black money fir govt ka darr!!!!!!!

MERA SWOT analysis kaheta hai

Private Sector Secure your moral values
Govt Sector based on fear of Future.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?