17th December 2009, 03:59 PM
Paresh B Patel

GUJCET qualification?

My daughter has studied upto 10th standard in Gujarat and is currently studying 12th in Rajasthan in CBSE board, I am domisile of Gujarat, (Born & brought up in Gujarat) presently working in Gujarat , Could you please let me know if my daughter can appear for Gujarat CET 2010, if yes under which category?

31st December 2009, 04:16 PM
anuja
Senior Member+

Default Re: GUJCET qualification?

For all the details of it u can check below link
www.gcet.ac.in/
31st December 2009, 08:30 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Basically there are 4 eligibility criteria.

1) Candidates who have passed Higher Secondary Certificate Examination Science Stream conducted by the Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board, Gandhinagar.Candidates going to appear in examination of Std.XII Science Stream in the very year in which the candidate has filled in application form for Common Entrance Test.
2) Candidates who have passed/appearing (in the in which the candidate has filled in application form for Common Entrance Test.) Std.XII Science Stream examination conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi through the recognized school situated in the State of Gujarat.

3) Candidates who have passed/appearing (in which the candidate has filled in application form for Common Entrance Test) Std.XII Science Stream examination conducted by the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examination, New Delhi through the recognized school situated in the State of Gujarat.

And your daughter is not filling these 3 elgibility criteria,there is a hope if she fills up the 4th eligibility criteria as follows.

4) Candidates who are the heirs of the officers/employees who are basically from the State of Gujarat but performing their duties in other States as the officers/ employees of Central/State Government, Military Forces or the Board/Corporation governed by the Central/State Government, who have passed /appearing (in the very year in which the candidate has filled in application form for Common Entrance Test) Std.XII Science Stream examination conducted by the Higher Secondary Education Board situated in the State in which they are performing duties.

So,check out if she fulfills the 4th one then she can appear for it,otherwise not.

The last date for reciepts to reached the authority is 18.01.2010

Last edited by faiyaz; 7th January 2010 at 02:05 PM. Reason: Updated as per notification released.
4th January 2010, 10:27 AM
mahipalsinh

dear sir/mam

My sister has studied upto 10th standard in Gujarat and is currently studying 12th in GOA, we are domisile of Gujarat, (Born & brought up in Gujarat) presently working in Gujarat , Could you please let me know if my sister can appear for Gujarat CET 2010, if yes under which category nad when its form available ?
7th January 2010, 02:11 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Hello mahipalsinh

There are basically 4 modes of entry,as I have mentioned above and your sister does not fit in basically 3 modes which states that it is neccessary for a candidate to pass his/her class 12 from school situated at Gujrat itself.

However,she will be eligible only if she fufills the 4th eligibility criteria.

4) Candidates who are the heirs of the officers/employees who are basically from the State of Gujarat but performing their duties in other States as the officers/ employees of Central/State Government, Military Forces or the Board/Corporation governed by the Central/State Government, who have passed /appearing (in the very year in which the candidate has filled in application form for Common Entrance Test) Std.XII Science Stream examination conducted by the Higher Secondary Education Board situated in the State in which they are performing duties.

The last date for reciept of complete application form is 18.01.2010.
15th January 2010, 01:08 PM
amarjit
Senior Member++++

This year the Board will hold Gujarat Common Entrance Test 2010 (GUJCET 2010) on 8th April, 2010 (Thursday).
The Board has prepared an Information Booklet and Application Form for GUJCET 2010. The Booklet and Application Forms for Common Entrance Test will be available on payment of Rs.250/- by Demand Draft from nationalized bank payable at Ahmedabad in favour of “Secretary, Gujarat Common Entrance Test Cell, Gandhinagar”

Duly filled forms can also be mailed by Registered Post A.D. to Assistant Secretary,Gujarat Common Entrance Test Cell, Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board, Sector 10/B, Near Old Sachivalaya, Gandhinagar 382 010 on or before 18th January, 2010

best of luck
15th January 2010, 09:25 PM
mathur

below eligiblity criteria is given :
A candidate should have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination. Those who are appearing for class 12th exams in 2010 can also apply. Also the candidates need to have done their 12th from a Gujarat school. There is relaxaton for employees/officers of Gujarat Government in other states.
31st January 2010, 08:14 PM
ROHIT KUNDLIYA
Senior Member++

The students are admitted into these courses on the basis of Common Entrance Test. The Education Department, Govt of Gujarat has decided to conduct Common Entrance Test for getting admission in Degree Engineering, Diploma/Degree Pharmacy as well as Medical Course after Std. GUJCET 2010 Exam Date

The candidate who was get a chance Gujarat Common Entrance Test examination their GUJCET exam Dates 2010 has been out. They can get all information for that exam date and question paper related information form official website. GUJCET 2010 Exam Date
31st January 2010, 08:16 PM
ROHIT KUNDLIYA
Senior Member++

GUJCET as well as class 12th exams.
GUJCET is conducted in three languages: English, Hindi & Gujarati. GUJCET Entrance has 4 papers:Physics, Chemistry, Biology & Mathematics. Candidates who want to apply for engineering need to appear for the papers of Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics. Candidates who want to apply for Medical & Pharmacy have to appear for Physics, Chemistry & Biology papers.

Eligibility Criteria:

A candidate should have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination. Those who are appearing for class 12th exams in 2010 can also apply. Also the candidates need to have done their 12th from a Gujarat school. There is relaxaton for employees/officers of Gujarat Government in other states.
31st January 2010, 10:30 PM
sumitkumarinmit

if a student have done his class 12th from gujrat he or she is allowed to fill the form or either appearing candidate ....exam pattern is just like normal entrance exam so no need to worry for syllabus...
31st January 2010, 10:58 PM
Aishwary

For information about this is please check its official website www.gcet.ac.in/
31st January 2010, 11:35 PM
amit04051988
Senior Member+

hello

friend

visit www.gcet.ac.in/

best of luck
2nd February 2010, 01:29 PM
ROHIT KUNDLIYA
Senior Member++

EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION : Applicants must have passed the XII standard/pre-professional/premedical examination or equivalent examination of statutory Indian University/Board or any other recognized Board/University as a regular student in all the subjects opted for in FIRST ATTEMPT with the subjects of English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology securing not less than 60% of aggregate marks in the three science subjects taken together, not less than 50% marks in each of the science subjects and not less than 50% marks in English. They must have also passed an examination in Mathematics at least of the matriculation standard. A graduate of B.Sc.examination with not less than two of the subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany or Zoology) and also must have passed the earlier qualifying examination i.e. XIIstandard/Pre professional (Med) with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English and obtained marks as stated above.
3rd February 2010, 02:19 PM
gautam d wonder lover
Senior Member++

friend
to know any thing about the GUJCET
visit to www.gcet.ac.in.
29th March 2010, 02:45 AM
nalanda
Senior Member++

dear friend,
there are many criteria for being eligible for gujcet exam.
you should have passed in the following four subjects such as physics ,chemistry,mathematics and for medical biology is must.
you should have a minimum of 60% at least aggregate.
for further queries you should visit www.gcet.ac.in
all the best.
30th March 2010, 10:39 PM
rajeshingarhwa

dear friend,
the minimum qualification is 60% in all the subjects.
if you become eligible then go for gujcet exam.the subjects are physics ,chemistry and mathematics.
go to the website www.gcet.ac.in
all the best
31st March 2010, 11:41 AM
Bella
Senior Member++++

you can see for the eligibility details at
http://www.winentrance.com/entrance_exam/gujcet/Gujarat-Common-Entrance-Test-GUJCET-Eligibility.html
31st March 2010, 04:07 PM
subhasish
Senior Member++

Dear friend,
For this common entrance test, the candidate should pass 10(+2) with physics,chemistry,maths and biology.
For more eligibility details please refer to the sites:
www.e-gujcet.com,
www.buzz.icbse.org/gujcet-2010-gujarat-common-entrance-test
31st March 2010, 05:52 PM
mike shinoda back
Senior Member++

respected sir
you can get the eligibility criteria for GUJCET from
http://engg.entrancecorner.com/admission-area/exams-details/1142-GUJCET-2010-Eligibility-Criteria.html
all the best
31st May 2010, 03:13 PM
Unregistered

i have done graduation with main subject english. can i apply for gujcet exam?
9th June 2010, 11:32 AM
Unregistered

Dear sir/madam
My daughter has studied from 7 th to 12 th standard from GUJRAT BOARD,but we dont have domisile of gujrat.Let me know can she appear for
for GUJRAT CET and under which category.
28th October 2010, 04:09 PM
Unregistered

I can give gujcet exam second time ?
31st October 2010, 05:00 PM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: GUJCET qualification?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paresh B Patel View Post
My daughter has studied upto 10th standard in Gujarat and is currently studying 12th in Rajasthan in CBSE board, I am domisile of Gujarat, (Born & brought up in Gujarat) presently working in Gujarat , Could you please let me know if my daughter can appear for Gujarat CET 2010, if yes under which category?
visit www.gcet.ac.in for any kind of querry related to gujcet.
16th December 2010, 09:50 AM
Unregistered

what are the documents to be atteched with gujcet application for student from maharashtra (pune)
11th May 2011, 11:31 AM
Unregistered

wich cours is best after 12 sci.?
12th May 2011, 10:55 AM
Unregistered

what is the cuttoff marks of gujcet 2011 for cbse students ?
15th May 2011, 10:33 PM
ashishshekhar

Hi dear,
1) Candidates who have passed Higher Secondary Certificate Examination Science Stream conducted by the Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board, Gandhinagar.Candidates going to appear in examination of Std.XII Science Stream in the very year in which the candidate has filled in application form for Common Entrance Test.
2) Candidates who have passed/appearing (in the in which the candidate has filled in application form for Common Entrance Test.) Std.XII Science Stream examination conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi through the recognized school situated in the State of Gujarat.

3) Candidates who have passed/appearing (in which the candidate has filled in application form for Common Entrance Test) Std.XII Science Stream examination conducted by the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examination, New Delhi through the recognized school situated in the State of Gujarat.

And your daughter is not filling these 3 elgibility criteria,there is a hope if she fills up the 4th eligibility criteria as follows.

So,check out if she fulfills the 4th one then she can appear for it,otherwise not.

The last date for reciepts to reached the authority is 18.01.2010

Thanks
18th May 2011, 08:26 AM
Unregistered

what is the procedure 2 get admission based on d gujcet exam..i hav ritn d xam , bt marks r too less.i belong 2 other state...
18th May 2011, 08:57 PM
arvind_singh
Banned

GUJCET Eligibility Criteria

You must have passed 10+ 2 examination from any board i.e CBSE ,ISC,ICSE
Examination with Science Stream conducted by the Gujarat Secondary and Higher
Secondary Education Board, Gandhinagar is eligible to fill the application form

Final year students are also eligible to take the exam

For more information::http://www.gcet.ac.in/
19th October 2011, 08:13 AM
Unregistered

sir
I AM A DEFENCE PERSONNEL. MY DAUGHTER COMPLETED 10TH FROM CBSE COURSE FROM KV JAMNAGAR, GUJARAT.NOW SHE IS DOING HER 11TH AND 12TH IN ENGLISH MEDIUM SCHOOL OF GUJARAT BOARD AS PER YOU, 85% SEATS FOR MBBS ARE RESERVED FOR GUJARAT MEDIUM STUDENTS. WHETHER MY DAUGHTER IS ELIGIBLE TO GET THIS RESERVATION OR NOT
18th April 2012, 02:29 AM
Unregistered

Sir, I am working in United Arab Emirates. My daughter has completed 11th science with CBSC english medium and now studing in 12th science.I am domisile of Gujarat, (Born & brought up in Gujarat) Can my daughter appear in GUJCET 2013 and if yes, in which category ?....Sharadkumar Jadav
28th June 2012, 06:43 PM
Paras Gopani

Hey,
The Eligibility for giving GUJ-CET examination is -

GUJCET Eligibility Criteria 2012 :

1. Candidates who have passed Higher Secondary Certificate Examination Science Stream conducted by the Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board, Gandhinagar or the candidates who have filled in application form for appearing and eligible for appearing in the Examination of Std.XII Science Stream/ candidates going to appear.

2. Candidates who have passed Std.XII Science Stream Examination conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi through the recognized school situated in the State of Gujarat or the candidates who have filled in application form for appearing in the examination of Std.XII Science Stream through recognized school / candidates going to appear in examination of Std.XII Science Stream in the very year in which the candidates have filled in application form for Common Entrance Test.

3. Candidates who have passed Std.XII Science Stream examination conducted by the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examination, New Delhi through the recognized school situated in the State of Gujarat or the candidates who have filled in application form for appearing in the examination of Std.XII Science Stream through recognized school / candidates going to appear in examination of Std.XII Science Stream in the very year in which the candidates have filled in application form for Common Entrance Test.

with best regards
all the best
8th August 2013, 08:41 PM
Unregistered

i have passed 12 std in 2013..i had already given gujcet exam in 2013..bt can i reappear for the gujcet exam(if conducted)in 2014?
14th August 2013, 06:09 PM
ece304
Member+

>>>They must have passed their Higher Secondary Certificate Examination or equivalent examination under 10+2 pattern from any recognized Board.
>>>The candidates must have passed the qualifying examination with science stream, from any recognized Board.
>>>The candidates, who have appeared in the final of the qualifying examination, are also eligible to apply.
>>>The candidates, who are the son / daughter of an officer/defense personnel / employee of the Government of Gujarat, are also eligible to appear in the Gujarat CET.
15th August 2013, 08:29 PM
sagar_001
Senior Member+

GUJCET Stands for Gujarat Common Entrance Test. conducts for the admission in undergraduate engineering, medical and pharmacy courses in the various institutes in Gujarat. GUJCET exam is conducted by the Gujarat Education Board.

The candidate must have passed their Higher Secondary Certificate Examination or equivalent examination under 10+2 pattern from any recognized Board.

Exam Pattern
  • Physics (40 mark)
  • Chemistry 40 (40 mark)
  • Mathematics (40 mark)
  • Biology (40 mark)

GUJCET syllabus.

Physics Syllabus
  • Static Electricity
  • Current Electricity and its Effects
  • Magnetism, Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current
  • Electromagnetic Waves and Optics
  • Dual Nature of Radiations and Matter, Atom and Nucleus
  • Semiconductor Electronics and Communication

Chemistry
  • Atomic Structure and Chemical Bonding
  • Solid State
  • Solution
  • Thermodynamics
  • Electrochemistry
  • Chemical Kinetics
  • Surface Chemistry
  • p-Block Elements
  • d- and f-Block Elements
  • Coordination Compounds
  • Nuclear Chemistry
  • Stereochemistry
  • Alcohols, Phenol and Ether
  • Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids
  • Nitro compounds
  • Polymer Substances
  • Bio molecules
  • Chemistry in Everyday Life

Mathematics
  • Straight Lines and Family of Straight Lines
  • Circles
  • Parabola
  • Ellipse
  • Hyperbola
  • 3D-Geometry
  • Indefinite Integration
  • Definite Integration
  • Differential Equations
  • Differentiations and its Applications

Biology
  • Water Relation of Plants
  • Mineral Nutrition
  • Photosynthesis
  • Respiration
  • Animal Nutrition and Digestive System of Cockroach & Humans
  • Circulation in Animals
  • Excretion and Osmo regulation in Animals
  • Movement and Locomotion in Animal
  • Nervous System of Cockroach and Humans
  • Human Endocrine System
  • Growth and Development in Plants
  • Reproduction and Development in Animals
  • Growth, Regeneration and Ageing
  • Organism and their Environment
  • Natural Resources: Their Kinds and Sources
  • Biological Resources and Biodiversity
  • Population – Environment and Development
  • Food Production
  • Immunity and Human Health
  • Modern Methods of Diagnosis

List of colleges offering admission on the basis of Gujarat CET are as given below
  • Indus Institute of Technology & Engineering
  • Atmiya Institute of Technology & Science
  • CK Pithawalla College of Engineering and Technology
  • CU Shah College of Engineering & Technology
  • Divaba Institute of Management and Computer Application
  • DL Patel Institute of Management & Technology
  • Dr. Bharat Barad Institute of Management & Computer Science
  • Faculty of Technology and Engineering MS University of Baroda
  • Golden Jubilee Institute of Management & Technology
  • Ahmedabad Institute of Technology

All the best
9th October 2015, 09:45 AM
Unregistered

Can i give gujcet exam again and if yes than what will we the procedure means how to get register ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?