11th February 2016, 09:45 PM
harpreet2001

Have I chosen the correct path by selecting IIT as my aim?

My name is Harpreet and i am appearing in X STD exam. I scored between 75 to 80 in school prelims. And i am interested in joining IIT.
My favourite subject as Maths and Science. Kindly let me know if this path is the right one.

12th February 2016, 12:01 PM
pabolu srivalli

Default Re: Have I chosen the correct path by selecting IIT as my aim?

IIT is the good option to take up after your intermediate and that is the Bachelors of technology level course of study and for appearing for IIT you must possess or write the JEE examination and by qualifying the JEE examination and scoring good marks in the JEE then only you can appear for the IIT .

There are certain eligibility criteria required to appear for the JEE entrance examination such as
  1. Should have born after 1st october 1991
  2. Candidates can appear only twice for the JEE entrance examination iin consecutive years

These are the main eligibility condition and you can appear for it after the 12th in mathematics and physics back ground and then appear for the JEE entrance examination through which you can join in IIT

IIT is the good and better career options as there will be 100% placement available for those students .
12th February 2016, 02:00 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you have chosen a right path by selecting IIT as a carrier. As you told earlier that Maths and Science on your favourite subject hence IIT as a carrier for you is very demanding and will be fruitful in future.
So keep working hard to achieve your name.
12th February 2016, 02:36 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Yes definitely you have chosen a wise decision to make your career in IIT.
There is cut throat competition to get admission in IITs of our country.
You need to work very very hard right from your class 11th so that you can get admission in IIT after cracking the joint entrance exam.
12th February 2016, 06:46 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely it is a correct path for a candidate to study graduation or post graduation.

Being an IITian you can expose to various opportunities in your career. You will be having a wide range of job opportunities in state and central governments with high salary.

To join in IIT, the candidate has to take the JEE Mains exam through which he/ she is qualified for JEE Advanced exam. By the merit list in the JEE advanced exam, the candidates are placed in various IIT's through Counseling procedure.

To write the JEE Mains exam, the candidate should complete 10+2 or equivalent from any recognized board.
12th February 2016, 07:05 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

IIT stands for Indian Institute of Technology and it is dream of candidates to join this institute for Bachelor of Technology course. Admission to this institute is tough and is done through Joint Entrance Exam which has two stages. Competition is very tough as seats are less and number of candidates competing is very large.

As you have interest in mathematics and Science then IIT will be the best option for your career. The path is right one and it has good scope in future. You can start your preparation through self study or by joining any good coaching institute.
12th February 2016, 07:48 PM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Yes you have chosen the correct path. As your favorite subject is Maths and Science.
You must prepare yourself accordingly now for your JEE Main and Advanced Examinations.
You need to make sure that you give equal effort in Maths Physics and Chemistry.
Practice to the best of your ability and prepare for the Entrance Examination from now on and you will be able to fulfill your aim of studying in IIT.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?