11th July 2011, 10:30 PM
AKASH S

Is it a right choice to depend on self studies rather than coaching for IIT JEE during the drop year?

i have decided to drop this year and continue my preparation for iit-jee and try for the next year.but i have decided to depend more on my self studies rather than coaching.though i have joined average private tuition. please tell me whether my path is correct and give useful sugestion and strategies so that i can prepare well.i have full confidence on myself and my self studies.

12th July 2011, 10:42 AM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Default Re: Is it a right choice to depend on self studies rather than coaching for IIT JEE during the drop year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKASH S View Post
i have decided to drop this year and continue my preparation for iit-jee and try for the next year.but i have decided to depend more on my self studies rather than coaching.though i have joined average private tuition. please tell me whether my path is correct and give useful sugestion and strategies so that i can prepare well.i have full confidence on myself and my self studies.
since you are going to drop one year, expectations of others from you will increase. if you depend on only self study, then you will face many difficulties in studying because there are some concepts which you can not understand by yourself. for that you surely need a teacher. also only books are not enough to crack iit jee and aieee exams with good marks. if you join a good coaching institute, then you will also come to know about the various short tricks to solve lengthy questions. so in my opinion, it will be better to join a good coaching institute to get a good rank
12th July 2011, 01:44 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it a right choice to depend on self studies rather than coaching for IIT JEE during the drop year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKASH S View Post
dear friend,

from my point of view you have to prepare self-study .

because you have to completed your 10+2 so you have enough time for study.

collect some valuable books and also collect some study matrials and prepare well in self study.

self study is best process from other study process.

all the best
12th July 2011, 09:24 PM
digvijaygarg

Well its good that self study is what you have chosen but a good coaching institute tells you the latest trends and how to solve questions in quick time and the ways how to solve it...IIT is all about concepts...If you think you can learn the concepts yourself than have notes from reputed coaching institutes for your practice
13th July 2011, 02:22 AM
Nasira

NO. coaching is important to crack IITJEE even if you drop one year. Self study is not advisable. If you join for coaching then atleast you will be writing weekend examinations which gives you practice for your main exam. You can clear your doubts and can learn new techniques of solving a problem. So, i advise you to take coaching.
13th July 2011, 09:03 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

It is clear that you have already taken the decision to drop one year for preparing for IIT JEE. The question of either do a self study or depend on any coaching center completely depends upon you. Cracking the IIT is a real tough job. If you have confidence that you can clear the exam with out external help then go for it. Otherwise it is better to get external help. You must realize that you are loosing one year of your career, so be very careful with the decisions that you take.
2nd January 2012, 10:24 PM
Unregistered

Will we get registered in board through career point?
30th June 2012, 10:30 PM
Unregistered

is it useful if i join coaching from11th class onwards or i should join in 12th class for preparation of aieee
25th September 2012, 04:49 PM
ukp92

If you have done coaching in class 11th and 12th and you have all the notes and you have understood all the concepts well in +2 level then you can do self study in order to qualify JEE but in this case also you must join some test series in order to test your preparations on regular intervals.
On the other hand if your +2 level concepts are weak then you must join a coaching. Only reliability on self studies will not make you qualify an exam as standard as JEE.
All the best for your JEE exam.
25th September 2012, 04:51 PM
ukp92

Smile Re: Is it a right choice to depend on self studies rather than coaching for IIT JEE during the drop year?

If you have done coaching in class 11th and 12th and you have all the notes and you have understood all the concepts well in +2 level then you can do self study in order to qualify JEE but in this case also you must join some test series in order to test your preparations on regular intervals.
On the other hand if your +2 level concepts are weak then you must join a coaching. Only reliability on self studies will not make you qualify an exam as standard as JEE.
All the best for your JEE exam.
11th October 2016, 12:10 PM
Unregistered

I am studying in 12th now and want to crack the JEE, but have not taken any coaching so far. I want to drop a year after 12th and take coaching in Hyderabad. Please suggest which institute I can apply to for a one year course.
11th October 2016, 12:13 PM
Unregistered

I am studying in 12th now and want to crack the JEE, but have not taken any coaching so far. I want to drop a year after 12th and take coaching in Hyderabad. Please suggest which institute I can apply to for a one year course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?